Christa Mcauliffe Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 769 students

Posted September 4, 2013

The teachers are all young, dolled up, barely old enough to have kids themselves, straight out of college, and think because they went to college for 4 years they know how to take care and teach children - sadly mistaken. There is no patience with students who have any slight problems or just don't want to be pressed into their pattern. They try to "weed the unfavorable" students out as early as possible in order to get the best rating they possibly can in order to keep their jobs. Please do your homework before sending any chiild to this school.

Posted February 10, 2013

Hello, My name is Linda I am looking into relocating to NE NEOSHO ST Palm Bay Florida. My worried is that my grandaughter have slight learning disability . she needs extra help at school. Does the school have programs or extra help? I apreciate for any information that my help. Thank you, Linda

Posted February 24, 2011

I do hope the next time I go into the school I have a better experience. I walked into the office to ask when registration starts for Kidnergarden. I said "Hi, my son turns five next month and I would like to know what he would need to enroll?" The woman did not smile, nothing all I got was "Registration is in April." Really smug and rude. Absolutely uncalled for. She stands there staring at me while I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong she says "So, are you in the district?" I said "I think so my house is just two blocks down the road." She smarts off with "Doesn't matter you have to find out before I can help you." I had enough of it, so I stated "Well I couldn't locate anything online. I'll just go somewhere else thank you." Suddenly she changes her attitude with "Oh wait I can check for you." I do hope next time I have a better experience because this is the only school in my district. Really not happy at all. I wish I could take him to John F. Kennedy Elementary the staff was really sweet and helpful. It hurts that I can't take him there instead.

Posted March 28, 2008

My girls have been attending this school for four years now. They have excelled greatly thanks to the great teaching and structure provided at Christa McAuliffe. I am very thankful that they were able to attend this school.

Posted April 9, 2007

My daughter has attended this school for 6 yrs now, and my son for 2. The office staff, & teachers are great. Parent involvement is good and the principle and vice principle are doing a great job with the school. I have enjoyed watching my children grow and learn here and would like to thank everyone at Christa Mcauliffe for doing such a great job with my children.

Posted March 27, 2007

Christa McAuliffe is an excellent school that we have been proud to be a part of for the last 6 years. The school has a great curriculum and a superb teaching staff. I was always a part of 'Field Day' and all field trips as an 'Apple Corp' chaperone.

Posted May 7, 2006

It is a wonderful school with great teachers.

Posted March 3, 2006

Excelent teachers, they take there time to teach each child based on there capabilities and if they can not achieve that they will find a tutor to help my child has increased his learning by one full grade ahead

Posted February 1, 2006

My daughter thrived here. A safe and warm environment to learn. Walked the walk on character development with the students and didn't just talk the talk. Good class sizes and dedicated teachers!

Posted June 15, 2005

My daughter attended this school for k and it was wonderful. The staff in the office was great every time that I had a question they always had an answer. My daughter's teacher was great as well. The only thing that I did not like was the cafateria food. My daughter usually brought her own lunch. That was the only downfall to the entire school. I would recmmend this school to anyone with kids in elem school.

Posted April 23, 2005

I think this school is just wonderful. The teachers and students are nice. The school is very clean. A very good learning environment.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 11, 2005

This is an excellent school, the atmosphere is great and they are truley concerned on education I am very happy with the school.

Posted May 3, 2004

My son has attended this school for the past two years, and my daughter for the past year. I would have to say that I have really appreciated this school for both of my children. What has really helped me stay involved with their education at Christa McAuliffe is the prompt responses to my emails to their teachers. Both of my children are also enrolled in the Educare program and enjoy it immensely. We have moved and the children will be attending Palm Bay Elementary next year. We will definitely miss all of the staff and students at Christa McAuliffe.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

98 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

99 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

110 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

110 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

106 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

80 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

81 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

81 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

105 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

• MRS. CAROL A RODDENBERRY
Fax number
  • (321) 952-5985

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now