Palm Bay, FL

Posted August 15, 2013
I had 2 children attend for all of 7th and 8th grade. Both children excelled in the GAPP program with HONORS! I appreciate the sternness the principal sets with dress code and pda. The students know what is expected from the and their behavior. No surprises at all! Thank you to the GREAT SOUTHWEST! I look forward to my next 2 children to start next year!

Posted August 14, 2013
My child graduated from two years in the GAPP program. We went out of area and drove miles to attend. Excellent program within the school, teachers were very challenging and involved. Excellent art and music teachers as well. Principal stays on top of child behavior.

Posted May 29, 2013
Both of my children attended this school. My daughter just graduated from the GAPP program. Both of them took Band and really excelled. My husband and I really love the administration here! They go out of their way to set things straight. My son took art here and did wonderfully. My daughter took tv productions and loved it. They were both involved in clubs and enjoyed watching the basketball games. We did have to do Out of Area enrollment when the schools were redistricted, but wouldn't have had it any other way! Great teachers, staff and organization! GO BRONCOS!

Southwest Middle School 4

Posted May 09, 2013
Over all this school is great. My daughter is has been in full GAP and has received everything that I could have asked for from her teachers. The only complaint that I have is in regards to the acknowledgment that my daughter and her team mates have NOT received for their achievement in FPS. The past two years the principal has made a very big deal about the Math Team and TSA but very little is said about FPS and the accomplishments that these kids have made. The FPS team won 3rd place in state this year and nothing was said at the end of year ceremony in regards to this but the achievements that the Math team and TSA made were talked about in detail. My daughter was very discouraged and very hurt by this and felt that her hard work was not good enough compared to the other 2 teams. I feel that if you are going to make a big deal about certain groups during an award ceremony and need to do so for the others.

Posted May 08, 2013
Southwest Middle School is a family that is fully involved with the children at all times. The teachers give their all in teaching and getting the kids to learn to the best of their ability. They shoot for the stars with all the kids. Tutoring and extra help is always available, the teachers and staff go above and beyond for the kids. I am glad my daughter attended Southwest. She has excelled in her confidence and in her academics. She was challenged and took full advantage of this and when she needed help she got all the help she needed to achieve what she wanted. As far as the fighting and bullying this is in all schools no matter how bad and good schools are. Its just the way the kids are, but here at Southwest they hold no tolerance for that and we have a police officer on campus all the time so the kids are in control alittle more. I would not have put my daughter in any other school here in Palm Bay. I am very pleased with the way my daughter has developed into a caring, responsible young adult in all aspects.

Southwest Middle School 1

Posted April 22, 2013
Do not put your child in this school. Not satisfied on how the school's administration team handled bullying in the school. This review is based on what happened to a family member of mine. The bulling became very serious and noone within the school takes it seriously. The child in question is not being home schooled.

Southwest Middle School 1

Posted March 12, 2012
I am a parent of a very difficult 8th grader, however I have been undermined at every turn just to get her to pass. She has been experiencing serious mental issues through out the year, and yet, all the school does is suspend her for being tardy, thus further rewarding bad behavior with a day out of school. When I have expressed my outrage at this ridiculous practice, I have been laughed at and ridiculed by the administration. Only one counselor has attempted to help out with our apparently hopeless situation. If you are looking for a supportive learning environment that values student assistance over policy enforcement, don't send your child to this

Posted January 28, 2012
Excellent School! My child has attended this school for 3 years. This is her last year and I have never had a complaint about this school. The teachers are wonderful and care about each student. The school principal and administration, counselors etc. take pride in their work making sure that every child succeeds and is treated with respect. The advance courses offered have excellent staff too. I'm so blessed my child attends this school. Great school! an A+++++++++++ school!

Southwest Middle School 4

Posted January 22, 2011
i go to southwest at the moment and it is a great school there are activities for everyone and the advnced program is great :)

Southwest Middle School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Three of my five children were invovled in their excellent music programs. The teachers are great!

Southwest Middle School
451 Eldron Boulevard Southeast, Palm Bay, FL  32909
Last modified Southwest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southwest Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top