Palm Bay, FL

Westside Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2015
I am a alumni of westside and this was a very good school when I went there. The teachers were very nice and helpful.Although the lunch could be improved.

Westside Elementary School 2

Posted January 05, 2015
My thoughts exactly with the parent review from Sept 2014. The office staff is very disrespectful & disorganized, something needs to be done about this. I dread anytime I need to go to the office. The school programs have potential if you can get into them. My daughter has been trying to get into the art club & jammers programs for 3 years now and has yet to be admitted. I even visited the art teacher in the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year to reiterate my daughter's interest, but there's no room for her. She joined recorders for 2 years, but just recently quit since her friends were in the jammers group and she was not accepted at tryouts. We really struggle with her motivation and self-confidence at home, and all the work I do to support this is never reinforced at school. How disappointing. She only has 1 more year there, so she'll finish at Westside, but my son will be attending 2nd grade elsewhere. The teachers are either extremely good or just not at all. We had 2 very good years, so I hate to generalize an entire school as being poor when there are many qualified and dedicated teachers at Westside. With that said, I don't think it's a good fit for everyone.

Westside Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2014
I guess for the average brainwashed RH positive monkey parents would agree that this school is great, clearly none of them have high expectations and are use to thinking with only their left side of their brain only. This schools staff so far is horrible...these people have no heart, the office is so disorganized, they have lost all of my childs important papers such as physical exams and proof of court papers that say I have sole custody of my child. These papers are important and need to stay on file at all times in case of an emergency....The staff in the office is very disrespectful , cant answer questions and simply turn their back on you and walk away in the middle of a parent asking a question......If this continues I will be taking my kid out of this school and placing her in a different school.

Westside Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2014
During lunch they refused my child not once but twice water...she had more thn enough money to buy water both times yet the lady at the cafeteria told her no.This happened on many other occasions when she wanted to buy lunch(food)..she was told no and thn handed over a lousy peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And as far as those account things they created for students , i dont use it for many reasons simply because they dont let you as a parent/student control on what u can spend your money on for lunch. I teach my child how to manage her own money and not depend on someone else to and that is important these days....Only people out of the 7 i met in that school that i liked was the music teacher and the principal.. .. I am furious with this school and I will make sure justice is served...to all the other parents they can act as if there is not any kind of problem in that school , maybe its easy for some because you dont have a mind of your own and your not a leader so you just follow what they tell you to do even when its wrong....but seriously you must snap out of it...open your eyes and brain.

Posted December 06, 2013
I am a Mom who loves this school. My son went to another elementary school before this one and had a very bad experience there. In Westside Elementary my son had trouble settling in at first because of the kind of experience he had previously and his teachers here were very understanding a patient with him. If you as a parent or guardian and have any issues with anything it is never an issue with the staff here to set an appointment and all meet to discuss issues and resolve them. I love them here and so does my son.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love it the teachers are nice and my music class is cool we all love are teachers

Posted June 30, 2013
I just graduated the sixth grade and I'd have to say I loved it. I went to Westside for 5 years and never really had any issues. 99% of the teachers care very much for the students and help them all they can. Great gifted Program. Definetly a Fantastic school!!!!!

Posted May 15, 2012
Two of my children have spent their elementary years at Westside and currently I have one in 1st grade. This school has never been a disappointment. The principal, assistant principal and teachers are excellent, caring and helpful. The principal's secretary, Mrs Bishop has always been very helpful in every situation. The learning atmosphere is excellent. Children excede in this school. My children are all Gifted Students and Westside's Gifted program is met extremely well with Mrs. Krause, a top notch instructor who is an exceptional person and teacher. It's no wonder this school has maintained its rating as a Florida "A" school.

Westside Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2012
This school is OK for average students but does not have the infrastructure in place meet the needs of gifted students or students with educational disabilities. The teachers actually seem scared to recommend children for additional help. After fighting for additional help for my daughter she told me time and time again that the accomodations were not being offered to her. At least our fighting got her the IEP she needed to qualify for a scholarship so she could go to a school that could accomodate her needs. She is doing great and has confidence in the processes that have been put in place for her.

Posted August 28, 2009
This school is wonderful. Not only are the teachers there caring but also educated and informed. The principal, Ms. Passanissi genuinely cares about her school and the students. A +.

Westside Elementary School
2175 Degroodt Road Southwest, Palm Bay, FL  32908
Last modified Westside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top