621 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

We never feel to overwhelmed by homework. The curriculum is fun and challenging. My kids love it!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff are very willing to communicate and keep us informed. We appreciate all of their efforts!

This is a wonderful school with a loving staff! We have had a wonderful year!

This school is horrible. There is an extreme lack of communication. They are very disorganized. It is chaotic. Especially the middle school. They act as if they have never worked in a school before. The students curse when walking through the hallways. Now, mind you, the school only has about 170 students and only 2 hallways. The teachers hear it and nothing is done. Do not send your kids here. Find another school.

Palm Bay Academy Charter School got a grading of an A last year 2013 and an A grading for the year of 2014. My child and I came in on August 8th 2014 filled out application and was already put on a waiting list! Patiently waiting for a responds whether or not my child was approved due to the fact she was home schooled for 5 months they agreed to put her into third grade the deal was sealed. I got a call on August 12th 2014 with the exciting news! That my daughter was qualified and met all standards and was ready to go! August 15th 2014 we dropped off $81.00 worth of school supplies paid the $2.00 fee for activity book and whatever else. Went to All Uniform Wear spent another $91.00 JUST ON UNIFORMS ALONE! MY daughter dress ready to go to school on Monday August 18th 2014. I get a phone to come pick up my child because Palm Bay Academy told me they needed my child to be tested to find out whether she belonged in 2nd grade or 3rd grade and needed a port folio from me to verify home schooling activities with my child for the last 5 months! The school board in Jamieson Way said they did NOT need to with drawl her from this school. I could have brought all verification the next day.

PBACS was one of few schools without a giant wait list, got us right in and gave us a tour where they sold us a bill of goods. Several conversations ensured my children (both coming from gifted programs) would be in accelerated classes and the gifted program. I show up to meet the teacher and they were both put in remedial classes and we were told too bad because the other classes were full. All proper documentation had been previously supplied and it was only after I threw a fit that I got my kids put in the correct class. First day of school I discover that they have no safety measure for abduction. There are no cards required for the pick-up line so I picked them up in the office. I signed a sheet which was never looked at, they did not ask who I was, not did they request an ID. I didn't even have to supply the teachers name. When the kids came out the receptionist did not even bother to visualize our contact to make sure the kids knew me from Adam. Also, their PE is in the middle of a street! Literally! They played Simon says and actually sat in the street. Also, my daughter's "accelerated" class has a boy who is repeating the grade. Virtual school it is...

My son went to this school for one year and was held back. After him being held back and then returning for the new school term we decided to pull him from this school due to MANY broken promises! This school has failed my son, whenever there was a behavioral issue they passed him around between classrooms and the office. Once the homeschooling started we have notices great improvement in his math and are honestly still having a difficult time with reading. After contacting the school to see what assistance they could give they turned my son down! So CHILDREN do Get LEFT BEHIND at Palm Bay Academy! Do yourself a favor for the sake of your children and find another school!!!!

hello im a past student of this school this was a great school. it wasnt the richest school but it had an abudance of other charcteristics that made it great. people always ask how our fcat scores are so high well ms.madhu the director(boss of the principal) use her own time and spend 2 periods a day with us teaching what and how to write things such as similies,idioms,metaphors,onamotopoeia,hypeboles and how to write a proper essay. we really connected with the teachers we not only got to know them on work level but personal level. the students here are great this is the main reasons we wanted to go to school everyday. sure there was drama but every school has that you cant escape from them. you always here on television how school cafeteria food is disgusting at this school its definetly not! the food here is not only scrumptious but healthy.everyday theres the main course such as macoroni then a side such as sweet potatoe fries then a choice of salad and the dressing you want then a fruit such as an orange a dessert such as jello then a choice of white milk 2 persent white milk or chocolat once while you will get strawberry! i miss this school i tare up when i think about itbye

(continued) More importantly, the grades my son got in middle school were awful, and he needed to be put in remedial math in high school. After only one year in palm bay high shool, he was placed in advanced classes and is now slated to begin college this summer, and is on the collegiate track (dual enrollment) with straight A's. Palm bay middle did nothing for him, I strongly advise against it.

i've had my daughter go thru middle school and my son is in 4th grade spanish immersion and am still pleased with the school. its better than public school because of smaller class sizes and tutoring was ALWAYS available because the teachers CARED to give their students extra attention! the principle even teaches writing for fcat herself! also, this school requires parent involvement! i was the teacher's helper all last year and was quite informed about my child.

Last modified Palm Bay Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.