Public charter
Palm Bay, FL

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 01, 2015
We never feel to overwhelmed by homework. The curriculum is fun and challenging. My kids love it!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The MTSS team works to pull up the lowest 25 and the classroom teachers teach with rigor!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The school is small enough that students of all ages have the opportunity to get to know each other.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Such loving staff members and teachers always smiling and welcoming to our family. We love PBA

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
The teachers and staff are very willing to communicate and keep us informed. We appreciate all of their efforts!

Palm Bay Academy Charter School 5

Posted June 01, 2015
This is a wonderful school with a loving staff! We have had a wonderful year!

Posted May 27, 2015
This school is horrible. There is an extreme lack of communication. They are very disorganized. It is chaotic. Especially the middle school. They act as if they have never worked in a school before. The students curse when walking through the hallways. Now, mind you, the school only has about 170 students and only 2 hallways. The teachers hear it and nothing is done. Do not send your kids here. Find another school.

Posted August 18, 2014
Palm Bay Academy Charter School got a grading of an A last year 2013 and an A grading for the year of 2014. My child and I came in on August 8th 2014 filled out application and was already put on a waiting list! Patiently waiting for a responds whether or not my child was approved due to the fact she was home schooled for 5 months they agreed to put her into third grade the deal was sealed. I got a call on August 12th 2014 with the exciting news! That my daughter was qualified and met all standards and was ready to go! August 15th 2014 we dropped off $81.00 worth of school supplies paid the $2.00 fee for activity book and whatever else. Went to All Uniform Wear spent another $91.00 JUST ON UNIFORMS ALONE! MY daughter dress ready to go to school on Monday August 18th 2014. I get a phone to come pick up my child because Palm Bay Academy told me they needed my child to be tested to find out whether she belonged in 2nd grade or 3rd grade and needed a port folio from me to verify home schooling activities with my child for the last 5 months! The school board in Jamieson Way said they did NOT need to with drawl her from this school. I could have brought all verification the next day.

Posted August 14, 2013
PBACS was one of few schools without a giant wait list, got us right in and gave us a tour where they sold us a bill of goods. Several conversations ensured my children (both coming from gifted programs) would be in accelerated classes and the gifted program. I show up to meet the teacher and they were both put in remedial classes and we were told too bad because the other classes were full. All proper documentation had been previously supplied and it was only after I threw a fit that I got my kids put in the correct class. First day of school I discover that they have no safety measure for abduction. There are no cards required for the pick-up line so I picked them up in the office. I signed a sheet which was never looked at, they did not ask who I was, not did they request an ID. I didn't even have to supply the teachers name. When the kids came out the receptionist did not even bother to visualize our contact to make sure the kids knew me from Adam. Also, their PE is in the middle of a street! Literally! They played Simon says and actually sat in the street. Also, my daughter's "accelerated" class has a boy who is repeating the grade. Virtual school it is...

Posted January 24, 2013
My son went to this school for one year and was held back. After him being held back and then returning for the new school term we decided to pull him from this school due to MANY broken promises! This school has failed my son, whenever there was a behavioral issue they passed him around between classrooms and the office. Once the homeschooling started we have notices great improvement in his math and are honestly still having a difficult time with reading. After contacting the school to see what assistance they could give they turned my son down! So CHILDREN do Get LEFT BEHIND at Palm Bay Academy! Do yourself a favor for the sake of your children and find another school!!!!

2112 Palm Bay Road Northeast, Palm Bay, FL  32905
Last modified Palm Bay Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palm Bay Academy Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top