Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Posted January 24, 2015
HORRIBLE KINDERGARTEN EXPERIENCE!!! 24 unruly students in 7 classes with mean screaming teachers!!! Then they tell you your kid needs to be tutored by a different teacher after school, as if a 5 year old can concentrate at the end of a school day. What are they teaching the kids if they if they need to be tutored after school?! Or do they purposely not teach them so they can make extra money? Is it a surprise that everyone we know at Marsh has crying kindergarteners in the morning? When you think of a kindergarten teacher you picture a warm sweet person, this type of type of teacher does not exist at Marsh. Looking into other school options....
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2015
Don't be fooled by the high rating of 10 this school has been given. Teachers are disrespectful and mean to the kids. The principal is aware of this behavior yet it continues. The students here are taught to take tests basically. My child who has always loved school before we moved here hated coming here & cried every morning.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 16, 2015
Not happy at this school at all! Mean teachers that tell you to get your kid tutored for $50.00 at the school at 2:00 when the child is already tired and frustrated from not being allowed to talk all day or get out of their seat. They are trapped in a seat for 4 hours in the morning and get a 15 minute recess. It is horrible the way the kids and parents are treated at this school unless you are a stay at home rich mom on the PTO. My son got all PRs on his report card and I was told he is struggling and for him to be tutored!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
We have had our child at Marsh Pointe for four and a half years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. For a public school, it runs and feels like a private school. The school has a lot of support from parents and the community. The principal is very involved and knows almost every child by name. The teachers are caring and dedicated and it shows as my child loves to go to school everyday. Excellent school.

Marsh Pointe Elementary School 3

Posted November 11, 2014
The quality of the school/education has gone downhill in recent years. The school is located next to affluent communities; the children are spoiled and undisciplined, the parents are entitled and the teachers and staff are lavished with gifts due to the school's "fortunate" location/zip code. Talk about income inequality and the education gap... As far as schools in PB county go, it is an above average school. However, that is not saying much.

Posted August 10, 2014
Wonderful school-so pleased! Nice office staff. Principal Werner is a fantastic leader. We cannot say enough good things about the parents, volunteers, student body and teaching staff-so lucky my son and daughter so here.

Marsh Pointe Elementary School 3

Posted May 21, 2014
Principal is nice and welcoming, Cafeteria=not clean/ workers not meticulous, poor quality menu, kids don't wash hands before eating. Some classes have no recess at all during the day. New school coming (Franklin Academy Charter) Mrs. Werner should ring some bells and remind all teachers, librarians and other workers that smiling and patience is necessary, kids are at school to learn and they do make mistakes. Cellphones should be OFF during school hours: some teachers use it all day while they should be teaching instead. Things are easily fixable if taken seriously. Most of the teachers don't want any of the Parent's help. And careful with attitude! It is so easy to record or film what's going on in the classroom these days especially when it concerns our kids. A vigorous warning to all of Marsh Pointe staff is necessary. That's sad because some teachers are just fabulous. From cafeteria to classrooms AND Library, it needs serious reminders. Attitude is #1 when working with kids, scaring kids and making them cry is nothing to laugh about. Some schools are probably worst, there's better too. Could be AMAZING if warnings were given. I gave it a 3 because of this attitude problem

Posted December 23, 2013
This school is the bees knees. We just moved from New Canaan, CT where our oldest twins were thriving on an equally fantastic program. This school is just as brilliant (and with less funding per student). Our two second grade teachers: Martell and Lipscher are smart, creative, loving and willing to go the extra mile--even when FL resources are not those of CT! The principal, Mrs. Werner, is always greeting kids in the morning and sending them home with a smile in the afternoon. She is so involved in the school and seems to know everyone's name. The art and music programs also seem top notch. The front office is efficient, friendly and knowledgable. The lunch food is even good I could go on, from the vice principal to the media center but I have to wrap this up with the following: This school also benefits from a parent-body that is deeply vested in providing their kids with an excellent, safe and socially responsible education. PANTHER PRIDE ALL THE WAY!

Posted July 10, 2013
My daughter used to go to schools that were holding her back on education, luckily a teacher told me about it and I instantly sent her she loved her classmates and they made it more challenging so her brain really got active! She cried when I picked her up last day of school! She has now gotten into Watson B. Duncan and I just can't wait and I owe all of her accomplishments to Marsh Pointe Elemantry school, thank you.

Posted April 25, 2013
Our otherwise easy going daughter slowly turned into a sad, scared child. She was bullied and would beg not to go to school. She would cry at night. I brought this to her teacher's attention & his response was to move her to sit directly beside those who were bullying her. In 4 months, I never got a call returned & I barely had my emails returned. I brought it to the Principal's attention and I was told that there are "two sides to every story" and the teacher was doing his job. We decided to return to Colorado. I called the Palm Beach County School District office and launched a complaint. I was told "that school has never been under investigation" - yes, which is why I chose it. I launched my complaint in December. I inquired again and again. Finally in March I was told that the teacher "had finally submitted his response" (clearly I wasn't taken seriously). By this time, the teacher had emailed me a very inappropriate email, which I had forwarded to the HR Director of the county schools. Bottom line? this school is horrible from the chaotic car line to the principal. Another family had same issue/same teacher. Those in charge, looked the other way. Avoid!

Marsh Pointe Elementary School
12649 Ibiza Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33418
Last modified Marsh Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marsh Pointe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top