Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Posted April 21, 2015
My child has been at Marsh Pointe since kindergarten. We have had excellent teachers in every subject since we started. Our experience has found that the school provides a fantastic education while finding a great balance for the kids to have fun. Recess is held daily and the classroom teachers even often join the kids in play. My child remains in close contact with every teacher since he began at MPE and some he will have as live long mentors including JP Hauser. Mrs. Werner is excellent and takes the time to know each child. I grew up in Florida attending private schools and MPE has far exceeded my expectations. Panther Pride!

Posted February 26, 2015
In Florida for work, we're professional athletes. We know what other countries offer. Marsh Pointe is not that good of a school. As soon as your child gets in 4th grade and 5th grade, they come home with 2hrs to 2hrs 1/2 HOMEWORK everyday. Backpack weights 8 bricks. Math homework on paper and on computer. If you like to limit computer time, you are done here. Teachers are asked to rely on computer homework instead of school providing quality time for teachers to TEACH instead of sending homework. County's fault, not teachers. Kids are tested, tested, tested. That's the only thing they do. My opinion, students will get bored, frustrated, feel like they are in a army boot camp. Education in Florida is actually not that good at all. Kids are not robots. No recess, or almost never. Depends of the teacher. Students are at school all day, no recess, come home with 2hrs 1/2 homework to do? Sports, recess, outside activities are so beneficial for kids! I don't understand. It is damaging kids' health. Recess should be mandatory to help kids empty the overflow, and PE should be at least 1h each time. If kids get bullied they will tell your child instigated it. Shame.

Marsh Pointe Elementary School 4

Posted February 03, 2015
WOW, I just read some of the reviews and can't believe what a different experience we have had at the school. Yes, Kindergarten was rough...going from pre-school to elementary is a hard switch. However, my 2 children at the school could not be happier. I think the staff is amazing!! They are always available to listen and help when they can. Of course my kids have struggled with other kids at the school, isn't this normal at their age? Through the nurturing and caring teachers and office staff, they have found their way and have learned how to handle themselves and make great friends! I am a working mom and never felt that my children were treated any different than the other kids at school. I am truly grateful to have them at this school and will be sad when my oldest graduates.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 24, 2015
HORRIBLE KINDERGARTEN EXPERIENCE!!! 24 unruly students in 7 classes with mean screaming teachers!!! Then they tell you your kid needs to be tutored by a different teacher after school, as if a 5 year old can concentrate at the end of a school day. What are they teaching the kids if they if they need to be tutored after school?! Or do they purposely not teach them so they can make extra money? Is it a surprise that everyone we know at Marsh has crying kindergarteners in the morning? When you think of a kindergarten teacher you picture a warm sweet person, this type of type of teacher does not exist at Marsh. Looking into other school options....

Posted January 23, 2015
Don't be fooled by the high rating of 10 this school has been given. Teachers are disrespectful and mean to the kids. The principal is aware of this behavior yet it continues. The students here are taught to take tests basically. My child who has always loved school before we moved here hated coming here & cried every morning.

Posted January 16, 2015
Not happy at this school at all! Mean teachers that tell you to get your kid tutored for $50.00 at the school at 2:00 when the child is already tired and frustrated from not being allowed to talk all day or get out of their seat. They are trapped in a seat for 4 hours in the morning and get a 15 minute recess. It is horrible the way the kids and parents are treated at this school unless you are a stay at home rich mom on the PTO. My son got all PRs on his report card and I was told he is struggling and for him to be tutored!
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
We have had our child at Marsh Pointe for four and a half years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. For a public school, it runs and feels like a private school. The school has a lot of support from parents and the community. The principal is very involved and knows almost every child by name. The teachers are caring and dedicated and it shows as my child loves to go to school everyday. Excellent school.

Posted November 11, 2014
The quality of the school/education has gone downhill in recent years. The school is located next to affluent communities; the children are spoiled and undisciplined, the parents are entitled and the teachers and staff are lavished with gifts due to the school's "fortunate" location/zip code. Talk about income inequality and the education gap... As far as schools in PB county go, it is an above average school. However, that is not saying much.

Posted August 10, 2014
Wonderful school-so pleased! Nice office staff. Principal Werner is a fantastic leader. We cannot say enough good things about the parents, volunteers, student body and teaching staff-so lucky my son and daughter so here.

Posted May 21, 2014
Principal is nice and welcoming, Cafeteria=not clean/ workers not meticulous, poor quality menu, kids don't wash hands before eating. Some classes have no recess at all during the day. New school coming (Franklin Academy Charter) Mrs. Werner should ring some bells and remind all teachers, librarians and other workers that smiling and patience is necessary, kids are at school to learn and they do make mistakes. Cellphones should be OFF during school hours: some teachers use it all day while they should be teaching instead. Things are easily fixable if taken seriously. Most of the teachers don't want any of the Parent's help. And careful with attitude! It is so easy to record or film what's going on in the classroom these days especially when it concerns our kids. A vigorous warning to all of Marsh Pointe staff is necessary. That's sad because some teachers are just fabulous. From cafeteria to classrooms AND Library, it needs serious reminders. Attitude is #1 when working with kids, scaring kids and making them cry is nothing to laugh about. Some schools are probably worst, there's better too. Could be AMAZING if warnings were given. I gave it a 3 because of this attitude problem

Marsh Pointe Elementary School
12649 Ibiza Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33418
Last modified Marsh Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marsh Pointe Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top