936 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

My son is at the end of first grade and I'm excited that his brother will be starting in the fall. We love this school and it has been great for him (a bit of a daydreamer). I haven't dealt with any of the negatives that other reviewers have mentioned. I feel very lucky we are zoned for Marsh Pointe!

This school is so good it's overcrowded (22+ students in most second grade classes now) plus the huge new development Alton is getting zoned for MPE just down the street. There's a teacher shortage in PB county which means the subs they get are so-so if you can even get the right amount of substitutes needed (one day this year 17teachers were absent) when our good teachers do move on which they will with this overcrowding what happens then?

Excellent school.... Teachers, principal/staff are awesome! My son is in 5th grade and has been there since kindergarten. We feel very fortunate to be zoned for this school.

In Florida for work, we're professional athletes. We know what other countries offer. Marsh Pointe is not that good of a school. As soon as your child gets in 4th grade and 5th grade, they come home with 2hrs to 2hrs 1/2 HOMEWORK everyday. Backpack weights 8 bricks. Math homework on paper and on computer. If you like to limit computer time, you are done here. Teachers are asked to rely on computer homework instead of school providing quality time for teachers to TEACH instead of sending homework. County's fault, not teachers. Kids are tested, tested, tested. That's the only thing they do. My opinion, students will get bored, frustrated, feel like they are in a army boot camp. Education in Florida is actually not that good at all. Kids are not robots. No recess, or almost never. Depends of the teacher. Students are at school all day, no recess, come home with 2hrs 1/2 homework to do? Sports, recess, outside activities are so beneficial for kids! I don't understand. It is damaging kids' health. Recess should be mandatory to help kids empty the overflow, and PE should be at least 1h each time. If kids get bullied they will tell your child instigated it. Shame.

WOW, I just read some of the reviews and can't believe what a different experience we have had at the school. Yes, Kindergarten was rough...going from pre-school to elementary is a hard switch. However, my 2 children at the school could not be happier. I think the staff is amazing!! They are always available to listen and help when they can. Of course my kids have struggled with other kids at the school, isn't this normal at their age? Through the nurturing and caring teachers and office staff, they have found their way and have learned how to handle themselves and make great friends! I am a working mom and never felt that my children were treated any different than the other kids at school. I am truly grateful to have them at this school and will be sad when my oldest graduates.

HORRIBLE KINDERGARTEN EXPERIENCE!!! 24 unruly students in 7 classes with mean screaming teachers!!! Then they tell you your kid needs to be tutored by a different teacher after school, as if a 5 year old can concentrate at the end of a school day. What are they teaching the kids if they if they need to be tutored after school?! Or do they purposely not teach them so they can make extra money? Is it a surprise that everyone we know at Marsh has crying kindergarteners in the morning? When you think of a kindergarten teacher you picture a warm sweet person, this type of type of teacher does not exist at Marsh. Looking into other school options....

Don't be fooled by the high rating of 10 this school has been given. Teachers are disrespectful and mean to the kids. The principal is aware of this behavior yet it continues. The students here are taught to take tests basically. My child who has always loved school before we moved here hated coming here & cried every morning.

Not happy at this school at all! Mean teachers that tell you to get your kid tutored for $50.00 at the school at 2:00 when the child is already tired and frustrated from not being allowed to talk all day or get out of their seat. They are trapped in a seat for 4 hours in the morning and get a 15 minute recess. It is horrible the way the kids and parents are treated at this school unless you are a stay at home rich mom on the PTO. My son got all PRs on his report card and I was told he is struggling and for him to be tutored!

We have had our child at Marsh Pointe for four and a half years and we couldn't be more pleased with the school. For a public school, it runs and feels like a private school. The school has a lot of support from parents and the community. The principal is very involved and knows almost every child by name. The teachers are caring and dedicated and it shows as my child loves to go to school everyday. Excellent school.

The quality of the school/education has gone downhill in recent years. The school is located next to affluent communities; the children are spoiled and undisciplined, the parents are entitled and the teachers and staff are lavished with gifts due to the school's "fortunate" location/zip code. Talk about income inequality and the education gap... As far as schools in PB county go, it is an above average school. However, that is not saying much.

Last modified Marsh Pointe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.