642 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Both my son and daughter attended Allamanda. My daughter has been there for all 6 elementary years and will sadly graduate this year. My son began halfway through first grade as a result of a move from another Florida county and completed 4.5 years there. He is now in the Finance program at Duncan. I have known that Allamanda is a special place, filled with bright, loving teachers and staff, but I would not have known just how special Allamanda is if not for the experience with my son in another county prior to our move. The school is comprised of a mix of traditional students and those with physical or emotional needs. For my two traditional students, participating in field day and other events with children of different abilities only strengthened their strong foundation of love, acceptance, and support for all. The principal and Assistant Principal are very involved and complement one another nicely. The entire staff rallies around the students as a big family and many send their own children to the school, which is a testament to its caliber! For my family, Allamanda has done a phenomenal job with education, extra support in math and reading, communication with parents, offering of healthy food options, focus on physical activity, cleanliness of the facility, and outstanding after school programs! Allamanda is an A+ in my book. I will be very sad to leave it behind in June 2017.

ALLAMANDA"claims"to be a school that Is caring towards children,considering they are a school that promotes"healthy direction,kindness and respect for others."Unfortunately,my child was treated with shame and threats of behavioral consequences by the assistant principal for having a medical condition,which by the way,was completely documented in the school file by a specialist.ALLAMANDA does many fundraising events for Autism and there are MANY physically impaired children that attend this school.I am highly disappointed ,and cannot fathom why this administration nor a school nurse would belittle a child with an impairment,especially when this particular school toutes themselves to be a "school of understanding and positive support to children that need a little more."Absolutely degrading to a child in need of something ,more than shame, for a condition they have no control of.

this school is like the best school my child went to.it is so big too.the assistant prinsapul is mr.dickerson .

My son loves this school. The ESE program is wonderful. The teachers really care and my son has learned so much. I just wish the grade went up to sixth. We will miss this school....

My kids love the school. They provide with excellent education and also engage kids in learning with fun activities. I am grateful for the teachers at this school because they are continuously informing my kids improvement specially my son that is in special education. Very Happy!

We are new to this school and love it! Moved here from another state. Everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. Lots of after School Events too. Glad we are fortunate enough to start out in such a Great School in Florida. Here's to a Great Year at Allamanda! My child thinks all the kids and teachers are so nice too!

Do not send your ESE student to Allamanda if you have a choice! Use your McKay scholarship to move to an appropriate private school. Allamanda has the worst ESE teachers, low parent involvement, and the ladies at the front desk are rude and unprofessional. My childs teacher would take them to the bathroom (there's a bathroom in each classroom and no cameras allowed) when she was angry and twist his arm behind his back until he'd cry!! He only told me this after the school year was over and after he became more verbal due to outside of school therapy. Another teacher we had barely spoke or wrote proper English which I still can't comprehend why a school chooses to put such teacher in an ESE classroom when our children are delayed speech anyways. That was a wasted year and she was rude to my son after he was out of her class by ignoring him if he said hi to her at drop off and pick up after school. Aadditionally, we had a terrible wasted 3rd year in 2nd grade with DiCarlo. Lack of communication skills, looses it in the class room, disorganized, & disheveled. Transfer if u get her! Rona should retire! She is rude, disrespectful, and insensitive regarding our children. (Continue..)

sadly this school has been on an out-of-control downward spiral as of 2009. We will be transferring.

Chapter 8 Sect. 8.025 state statute states in paragraph 13. PHYSICAL EDUCATION TIME (P.E. OR RECESS) TIME SHALL NOT BE WITHHELD AS A PUNISHMENT OR USED AS A PUNISHMENT. Allamanda DOES NOT abide by this law. It is not just 1 or 2 teachers that do not abide by this, but there are MANY teachers who do not abide by this. I have spoken with numerious parents and I am finding that this issue is equally a problem for the ESE program as it is with the main stream program. I DO NOT believe these ESE children should be "punished" by taking away their recess time! They should be "redirected" immediately after an incident, not punished. What good is taking away recess for a punishment 30minutes -1.5 hours later after the incendent occured?? At this point, they are not even connecting the dots. A child with Autism does not understand why they are being punished from recess when its up to 30min-an hour later. I do not think these teachers/office staff have been trained into how NOT to PUNISH our kids, but try redirecting them immediately. Then there is a chance we are getting through to these children and why something was wrong.

WHY is Allamanda hiring ESE teacher that barely speak good ENGLISH?!? Here we have a great ESE program, but then they hire teachers who's stronger language is SPANISH, speaking broken ENGLISH. WHY??!!? I cannot understand my child's teacher, let along can I expect my child to understand her. The journals they send home daily with their daily report of how their day went is written in such broken English, that I have to re-read it to understand. I rather them teach my child spanish rather then broken English. These teachers should be able to teach our children with special needs, language delays , comprehension problems, or with autism with clear, grammatically correct English! What are they thinking????!!!

Last modified Allamanda Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.