Palm Beach Gardens High School

Public | 9-12 | 2532 students

Posted Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I go to Palm Beach Gardens and it's amazing! My magnet program (Global Business) is fun and you can learn a lot from there for the big world. The teachers and students are friendly and supportive in everything that a student may do.

Posted October 18, 2013

I graduated from Gardens in 2012 and it was getting worse and worse as the years went on. Many people think that it is a good school because it is new but it is so crowded and the teachers are not helpful.

Posted September 12, 2013

My school is Palm Beach Gardens High which my grandson started this year. He can't wait to get up to go to school now. Who thought high school would be so easy? The students and teachers are friendly, helpful and make everyone feel special. In this day and age we need more schools like this to encourage students.

Posted November 30, 2011

I graduated from PBGHS and now my Step-Daughter is a student there. I believe that there is and has always been problems there. I remember the year before I was going to go there, there was a riot in the lunch room between two rival gangs. I was worried about going there but if you stay with the "good" crowd and stay out of trouble your going to do great. The teachers I had were excellent and prepared me for college. Great atmosphere and the new school looks great.

Posted June 23, 2011

I think Gardens is an awesome school i havent attened there yet but i want to become a student as the year of 2011 proceeds... if i make it in i will be a freshman also to me Gardens have some goals i can achieve minus the drama that goes on i have heard good things from my sister and close friend so can any one else tell me how is PBGHS really acheiving?

Posted June 7, 2011

I am very dissappointed that my child has been hanging with the wrong crowd in this school & their's illegal activity going on during school hours. I complained twice & thank goodness for the assistant principal. Very helpful! We are watching her like a hawk...but otherwise academically she excells with a 3.5 gpa.

Posted September 28, 2010

i attend this school and i am very HAPPY to be there my gread level is getting up there thank u gardens high school.

Posted May 18, 2010

PBGHS gave me an excellent start in my academic and professional life. The teachers truly care for their students, and go above and beyond the call of duty. The school leadership works tirelessly to ensure the best environment and education for all students and staff. I had an amazing experience, and will never forget my time there.

Posted May 3, 2010

While we miss Dr. Prince, Larry Clawson has come in and done a great job. The new school is fantastic and the school spirit is still high....

Posted April 29, 2010

i love gardens itsthebest high school thsat hepls you pass and graduate

Posted September 15, 2009

This school a great, well-rounded, high school experience. The Magnet programs are awesome.

Posted March 10, 2009

Going to Palm Beach Gardens High School was the best decision i ever made. The school is excellent, and they made my transition from 8th grade to 9th grade very easy. I am currently in the magnet program, which made it a lot easier to make friends and such. But i am now in the 11th grade, and i still love it. It is a place i enjoy and i could not see myself anywhere else. I would defianatly advise all parents to not only place there children in the magnet but too let them get involved, because the overall high school experience is not the same if you don't. Gardens is defianatly the best high school in Palm Beach. We have the most school spirit in the world, we are the only school that cheers when we loose a game. This is place to send you child. Go Gators!!!

Posted February 19, 2009

I think Palm Beach gardens high is one of the best school there is because the students give their all into into there work.We also have great teacher in a wonderful principal we are glad to have him!!!!!!! ~a proud student~

Posted December 24, 2008

A Student, an Athlete, and a Fan. This school is the place to be. It is an atmosphere that is unique in the schools dioversity, and allows students to strive. I have many friends that feel really sorry that they did not enroll in Gardens

Posted December 10, 2008

I was excited about starting my junior year at PGHS, what a mistake. I had just moved to PBG from Oregon. The kids are judgemental and it's a very crowded school. I didn't feel like the teachers had enough time for every student and overall, I didn't feel comfortable. I was hesitant to swith to Dwyer but I'm so glad I did. I've made some of the best friends and I'm getting an excellent education. It's not a crowded school and the kids are excepting of everyone. Race, gender, sexual orientation.. whatever. I love Dwyer high school and our new principal has only made it an even more enjoyable experience.

Posted May 7, 2008

My daughter is finishing up her 2nd year there and my son enters in the fall. The leadership and teaches have been fantastic. The school spirit is great and I can't way to see what the new school look like. 'A great school only gets better....'

Posted April 4, 2008

My 9th grader is in the PreMed Magnet Program. The teachers are outstanding, available and they extend their own hours to be of help to their students. Dedicated!

Posted July 20, 2007

This school has been amazing! Both of my children had always been in gifted programs through middle school and this high school gave them plenty of challenges to keep them interested! The magnet programs present the kids with many outstanding opportunities and experiences. The school spirit is unprecedented! It can't help but draw the kids in! Hats off to the principal and all of the wonderful, involved teachers who really seem to care!

Posted July 19, 2007

This is an outstanding school. The school is very diverse, but there is a real direction for the school. The principal is young and energetic, and has drastically improved the school over the last three years. My kids have had the best experiences there, and I would recommend the school in a heartbeat.

Posted December 19, 2006

If your child can go to any other school, let them. going to gardens highschool was the biggest mistake of my life. I wish I would have taken my mom's advice and gone to suncoast.
—Submitted by a former student

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

663 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

640 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

645 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

620 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

437 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

605 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

577 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

570 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 10%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Arts & music

• (561) 691-0515

Staff resources available to students
  • Art teacher(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options