1,269 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

My child is an 8th grader there..this school used to be a friendly welcoming caring place two years ago with a positive principal who inspired students and teachers. With the new principal it has turned into a police state that seems to view all students as the enemy. No smiling faces greet you in the morning no positive comments at the end of the day only rules and barked orders. An unhappy police state. No school or team spirit.so sad.

I attended Duncan for three years and did not like it. Pros: Nice size classrooms. Cons: Bad finance academy, teachers give you homework but never teach you, bad exterior looks, I'm very angry that now all foreign languages are now virtual, pointless advanced program same as gifted, horrible food, let you take high school courses in 6th grade, too much cursing, Chinese has a bad teacher, teachers blame everything on you, no security cameras in classes, also they waste money on "touchscreen Windows 8 laptops" and they say they have a tight budget. I think I have listed all the cons I know right now, it is only my second year.

I am in the finance academy. The teachers for almost all subjects are rude, don't teach, and expect you to know everything by reviewing it once. Some just tell you to read the chapter and expect you to know everything about it. The food sucks, their is little parent involvement,, the fundraisers are stupid, and it is cramped. Not many people don't get into the finance academy or art academy. Alk foreign languages are on the computer. Gifted and advanced are pretty much the same.

Wonderful , busy school with lots of opportunity.My daughter went here and loved chorus with Mrs. Butterfield. Also, my son is in the finance academy entering into 8th grade. He has learned in the academy amazing things related to business. Although he doesn't like the dressing professional , the once a year field trips are amazing. Food needs a lot of improvement! Need more parent -teacher interaction too. Need more help in student service office.

I thought this school was good but it is terrible! I was zoned for it and hated it! I started with straight A's but then went down to C's because they let you take any course you want! I was allowed to take high school courses in the 6th grade! I received no warning! So now my dream to go to Suncoast high is nothing. All because of Watson B Duncan Middle School.

I am going to Watson and by the looks of the reviews I can't wait!

I am in my second year at Duncan and it is a great school. I do admit there are fights here and there but if you hang around the right people it is a friendly and safe environment. The staff are trying their best to eliminate all danger to students. They have a lot of great programs for their students and it has been amazing. For the students who are not doing very well, they have a lot of programs and classes to help them reach their full potential. They have a lot of great teachers who are amazing! There are a lot of opprotunities for going on field trips,events, and performances for different classes. It may not be the school for everyone but it is for me.

If I could rate Principal Leadership zero, I would. They are condescending and disengaged from parent concerns. Perhaps if you are a nerdy mom who only lives to have a career PTO life will they relate with you. And with a population of 1500+ kids, it seems that apparently they (the administration) is above making mistakes. Sorry to tell you that you are tax funded personnell, not God.

Yea I agree with that parent there is a lot of bullying and fights I'm going to into the second grade there but my mother says if anyone gives you trouble just say "You what b**** I don't care what you think of me." Sorry for my language.

If your child is in the Gifted program or AP this school is an excellent choice. The principal, Dr Jose Garcia is so dedicated to the school and the students. Even while most public schools have cut so many programs due to budgets, this school still encourages/supports student achievement with award ceremonies and parties for Honor roll each quarter. As well, security is taken very seriously as demonstrated by the full time Officer John on campus, the kids call him OJ and adore him. I have been most satisfied overall with my child's teachers but (3) really stand out as going above and beyond and they are Ms Bonnie Butterfield chorus; Ms Griffith Language Arts; Ms Ahearn Social Studies. We will miss them greatly next year for highschool. Any 'issue' that needs addressing is dealt with prommptly. I would definately give this school a try!

Last modified Watson B. Duncan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.