Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Posted September 06, 2013
I attended Duncan for three years and did not like it. Pros: Nice size classrooms. Cons: Bad finance academy, teachers give you homework but never teach you, bad exterior looks, I'm very angry that now all foreign languages are now virtual, pointless advanced program same as gifted, horrible food, let you take high school courses in 6th grade, too much cursing, Chinese has a bad teacher, teachers blame everything on you, no security cameras in classes, also they waste money on "touchscreen Windows 8 laptops" and they say they have a tight budget. I think I have listed all the cons I know right now, it is only my second year.
2 people found this helpful

Watson B. Duncan Middle School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
I am in the finance academy. The teachers for almost all subjects are rude, don't teach, and expect you to know everything by reviewing it once. Some just tell you to read the chapter and expect you to know everything about it. The food sucks, their is little parent involvement,, the fundraisers are stupid, and it is cramped. Not many people don't get into the finance academy or art academy. Alk foreign languages are on the computer. Gifted and advanced are pretty much the same.

Watson B. Duncan Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
Wonderful , busy school with lots of opportunity.My daughter went here and loved chorus with Mrs. Butterfield. Also, my son is in the finance academy entering into 8th grade. He has learned in the academy amazing things related to business. Although he doesn't like the dressing professional , the once a year field trips are amazing. Food needs a lot of improvement! Need more parent -teacher interaction too. Need more help in student service office.

Posted July 16, 2013
I thought this school was good but it is terrible! I was zoned for it and hated it! I started with straight A's but then went down to C's because they let you take any course you want! I was allowed to take high school courses in the 6th grade! I received no warning! So now my dream to go to Suncoast high is nothing. All because of Watson B Duncan Middle School.

Posted July 10, 2013
I am going to Watson and by the looks of the reviews I can't wait!

Posted August 15, 2012
If I could rate Principal Leadership zero, I would. They are condescending and disengaged from parent concerns. Perhaps if you are a nerdy mom who only lives to have a career PTO life will they relate with you. And with a population of 1500+ kids, it seems that apparently they (the administration) is above making mistakes. Sorry to tell you that you are tax funded personnell, not God.

Posted March 07, 2012
If your child is in the Gifted program or AP this school is an excellent choice. The principal, Dr Jose Garcia is so dedicated to the school and the students. Even while most public schools have cut so many programs due to budgets, this school still encourages/supports student achievement with award ceremonies and parties for Honor roll each quarter. As well, security is taken very seriously as demonstrated by the full time Officer John on campus, the kids call him OJ and adore him. I have been most satisfied overall with my child's teachers but (3) really stand out as going above and beyond and they are Ms Bonnie Butterfield chorus; Ms Griffith Language Arts; Ms Ahearn Social Studies. We will miss them greatly next year for highschool. Any 'issue' that needs addressing is dealt with prommptly. I would definately give this school a try!

Posted March 06, 2012
I would NOT recommend this school to anyone. Too many kids, very little supervison, lots of bullying, overall a stressful and not very friendly athmosphere.

Posted May 10, 2010
I am currently going to go in 8th grade for the next year, I think this school is the best by far. I just wished for the Academy they will let you take electives then a language. All the teachers are very nice and want you to get a good education. Right now im in all honors geting all A's and im very happy!!!

Posted May 06, 2010
This is my first year at Duncan,well its almost over,but the school is by far a good one just a few fights,the teachers are great,and i was failing math but the Compass learning odyssey program saved me.Also if your child wants to join band or chorus they have great teachers,Mrs.Roggen (Band) and Mrs.Butterfield (chorus) are both wonderful and helpful teachers.

Watson B. Duncan Middle School
5150 117th Court North, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33418
Last modified Watson B. Duncan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson B. Duncan Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top