Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Posted March 27, 2015
This is a great school. My daughter, a second grader, has had outstanding teachers who are caring and make learning fun. She loves to go to school everyday!

Timber Trace Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2015
For the most part Timber Trace is a great school. I'm a VERY involved parent, I am in the classroom for both my kids at least once a week and also volunteer within the school library. No school is ever going to be "perfect", you will always find something you don't like, a teacher who's personality you (or your kid) clashes with but that is true for anything in life. If I break down the important points of what I believe make up a school Timber Trace gets a passing grade in my book. Safety of students, facility, extra circular activities, community involvement, and resources. We started here in 2013 (in Kindergarten) and now have a student in 2nd grade. So far we haven't had any serious problems with staff or other students. The students seem to come from all walks of life and varying backgrounds which is nice. If I could request a change to administration it would be to incorporate more recess (free play time outside) for the students. This is not a problem with just Timber Trace but all schools these days, the students need more time to exercise and run around. A 15 minute recess once a day just isn't enough.

Posted September 29, 2014
My son transferred from a top school to Timber Trace. Timber Trace has been an awful experience for him. Totally agree with poster that if you do not conform to their "box" you get ousted. They do not care about your child's individual needs. Planning to transfer as soon as possible.

Posted August 17, 2014
My son has ADD and has been going to TTES for 2 and a half years now and our experience there hasn't been at all good. First he got a teacher that wouldn't help him at all with the transition from one school to another, her words exactly were "I won't baby him, he has to learn to get used to it". Then next year he got a teacher that were constantly yelling to the kids and use bad words around them, I actually heard her at the Thanksgiving dinner, and on one occasion, she grabbed my son's face and pushed it away. Went many times to the asst. Principal and principal too but they didn't do anything until last month of school when they put my son with another class.Then last year he got one teacher that treated him so bad he had to go to therapy and got diagnosed with depression. Again went many times to the principal and she did absolutely nothing and blamed everything on my son. His homeroom teacher was great though. One day he got yelled at by the asst principal in the cafeteria in front of everybody because he was pushed and bumped into another kid, next day she had to apologize to my son because it was an accident. Overall this school sucks and surely doesn't deserve an A.

Posted June 13, 2014
First off I wish I could have not even rated this school with 1 star. We parents of 3 gifted kids who attended Timber Trace. The school lacks leadership and teachers who are properly educated to teach truly gifted students. If you don't fit into their "box" of thinking you are ousted. The kids whom I've interacted with are pompous and narcissistic, just like their parents. This school is loaded with bullies We have since pulled our kids out of Timber Trace and moved to Wellington. I've never seen our kids more happy and looking forward to going to school at Binks Forest. If you are parent please look at Timber Traces FCAT 2014 results, you will clearly see that 70% is not a "A" rating.

Timber Trace Elementary School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I was new to the Palm Beach area (coming from Denver) and needed a very good school for my 1st grader. After much research and comparisons of other school my husband and I choose Timber Trace. We received a lot of guidance from everyone in the school months before actually making the move. At TTE a parent can get involve as much as they want to be in the school. All parents are encouraged to participate in their child's education. The school is very proud of their many accomplishments and constantly strive to do better with the students.

Posted August 29, 2013
Top notch learning center! Kids have fun, learn, and they love the teachers. Great neighborhood feeling. Lots if clubs and activities. Reading and math scores very high, Parents volunteer in classrooms.i SAC is very imp, but somewhat dominated by principal. That would be only area of improvement.

Posted August 27, 2013
my grandson attends this school. He is now in the fourth grade. Every year he learns more and more. The teachers really give him a great incentive to learn. I'm so happy that he attends this wonderful school and know the staff encourages him to do his very best! Sincerely, Sheila and David Smith (Grandparents)

Posted August 27, 2013
Timber Trace is a fantastic learning environment! I did not want to send my daughter to public school, but I am glad I did. They have excellent parent participation and involvement. Parents are everywhere and helping. My daughter gained six reading levels in first grade. They have two wonderful parking officers and school police and the school is very well- kept. I am at the school during working hours, so this is my third year seeing how it runs. I never heard a parent not happy. The speech and language and gifted program are also superb! My daughter talks about speech like it is a priveledge to attend. Due to so many local neighborhoods- tons if kids and parents walk or rude their kids to bike by school. Garden Lakes and Shady Lakes have a nature path to school! Best times with all the kids.

Posted February 06, 2012
My daughter started Kindergarten at Timber Trace and she has excelled wonderfully. Her teacher is excellent and school personnel have always been very pleasant. The math and science nights that they do in the fall and winter are nice and well organized, but more space is needed for the amount of parents and students that attend. Otherwise, great job, teachers and staff at TT! We are very pleased.

Timber Trace Elementary School
5200 117th Court North, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33418
Last modified Timber Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timber Trace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top