PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Yes I have 3 children I have been at several schools in Palm beach gardens and Jupiter over the last ten years as we have moved and our kids have gotten older Dr ferguson is the first person who has a conflict resolution strategy that she follows Unlike most schools who are afraid to kick a student out I was so impressed that she put a student on a behavior contract with the parents and when it was violated the student was asked to leave Most of the schools in our area are to focused on losing the tuition

I can't believe any of these negative reviews. I'm sorry, but my son has been at the Weiss school for 3 years and we love it! This is the best school in south Florida for a gifted child. Not like " kind of gifted", or how you can get your kid in to public schools gifted program if you shop around until you get a gifted IQ score. At Weiss you actually have to be accepted. The administration was great when we first joined the school, and the recent changes have only made this a better environment for our child. I wish we could send our other 2 children to Weiss but it isn't for every child as the curriculum is accelerated. You can take a tour and see for your self!

Curriculum offered was not true. Limited technology in a day and age when it should be priority. Administration has changed and so has the atmosphere and energy. Seems money has become the priority even after paying an exorbitant tuition. Anyone can teach Highly gifted children, but this place does not expose students to their full potential.

Horrible school and dilapidated grounds! My family has been at the school for five years. We will not be renewing our contract. We tried to embrace the change in leadership but each day the experience continued to go down hill for my child and family. The head of school never gave me the time of day until she found out we would not be renewing our contract. She asked, "what could she do to convince me to stay?" How about know my child and understand gifted kids? How about stop always asking for money? How about treating your staff with respect instead of second class citizens unless they are your favorite? I'm so sad to leave what was once a hidden gem. Save your money and go to the public gifted program as the head of school and newer teachers have no background in gifted education.

Every day, morning drop-off brings a smile to my face. I am so happy that my daughter is walking into a school that fully supports and inspires her. At pick-up, she’s happy, and full of stories about her friends and her classes. Because of the school mission, and as Weiss is so welcoming, I’ve spent a lot of time on the campus talking with staff and volunteering. Here are just a few things to love about this school: •My daughter had an easy time making friends here. Giving gifted students the opportunity to learn and play with their intellectual peers helps their social development. Creativity is also a big part of Weiss. While there is some homework, it’s very manageable. • It is the most socio-economically and racially diverse private school I know of in the area. The school is not-for-profit and secular, about a fifth of the students receive some financial assistance. Given the amazing staff and resources, it has reasonable tuition, supporting an egalitarian culture. • The staff is incredibly dedicated. Students are encouraged to work to their ability. We did a mid-year grade jump, and the teachers have communicated with us really well through the transition. The teachers are very comfortable advocating for the best interests of the students. • The new head of school, Dr. Ferguson, knows every child by name. She is there to greet them in the morning, she shows up for after school activities, and she cheers them on. She was a school supervisor for the north palm beach public schools, and most recently headed up the FAU high school program. She has formalized some of the management at Weiss, including staff training on legal and ethical operational standards. (something I feel is lacking in many private schools in the area.) While this is affecting the school culture, it is serving the children and families’ best interests. She fosters a culture of constant improvement, I feel the school will be getting better and better over time. While no school is perfect, there is no place I would trust more for my daughter, her happiness, and her intellectual development. We are so lucky to have a school for gifted learners. But it’s more than just a competitive education. What I believe Weiss does is to teach these children to pursue and develop their ideas, and also give them the tools to express them to others. I am so excited for the future of these kids.

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

Because of the number of affluent children at the school, there is a feeling of entitlement among many of them. This leads to disrespectful behavior. Although all kids can't be policed at school and this respect should come from home, it should be better dealt with at school when it does arise.

Supports LD students: Agree

The school has many children with learning differences and although that's a wonderful thing, the school doesn't have the ability to keep those who are behaviorally disruptive in check. This leads to a lack of support and a lack of attention for the kids who are just trying to learn and do their best. It's very disruptive behavior that negatively influences the learning of other kids.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The new leadership is untrustworthy and indifferent. They act as if they care just to make you go away. Plenty of emails have gone unanswered or ignored.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When students openly disrespect the teachers, that's a huge red flag. This behavior has been happening for a long time and it's completely unacceptable.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers, for the most part, are great. With a few glaring exceptions, they care about the kids and help when needed. The lack of communication is a HUGE problem, though.

Last modified The Weiss School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8