PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

So disappointed in this school! I came two years ago because of the great reputation to only find out there is a new head of school. She only caters to those who have power and yeses the parents to only do what the board has commanded her to do. The school is so institutional and heartless. They didn't even tell the parents that long time employees were not coming back. Communication is minimal. We always used to know what was going on but now the only communication is to ask for money. I agree with the previous post......Mrs M. please don't respond. The truth is the truth. You need to admit your mistakes and fix it!

It's a month into the new school year and the new administration is running the school like a public charter school. This once warm and welcoming school has turned into a cold, corporate business. For example only two weeks into the school year, they asked parents for $15,000 per each open parking spot up front, for the "privilege" to park there...but they claim this is NOT an elitist school. JM, I'm not looking for excuses, nor should you post a positive post in response to this or any member of the board or administration. I'm a very upset, long term parent. I'm extremely surprised the Weiss' still want their name on the school as I'm sure this is not what they envisioned. I'm tired of hearing previous administration this, previous administration that, time for EVERYONE, including the board to own up that we all play a part in Making Weiss Great Again!!

I couldn't be happier with the rapid progress that the Weiss School has made over the last several years. I especially like the methodical way that the school has been rolling out different centers of excellence by recruiting top teachers for the respective subjects. If you have a gifted kid, there is absolutely no better school than the Weiss School to send him or her to. I strongly disagree with a previous reviewer's negative view of having our kids participate in academic or athletic competition at state or national level. What a wonderful way to motivate those students who have participated in the National History Bee, Scripps Spelling Bee, Speech and Debate Tournament, Engineering contests, Taekwondo Championship, CubeSat (Satellite) Design or any other competition to work even harder to be the best that they can be, and to motivate those students who haven't participated to redouble their efforts to get in those competitions in the coming year. Every single kid at the Weiss School is exceptional and gifted, there is no reason why we should allow low expectation to deny them the chance to achieve their full potential! I hate to see Dr. Spirou leave too, but she has told us to support the new head of school Dr. Ferguson the same way we had supported her. I believe we should do just that.

For those of you considering the Weiss School...it has been run effectively and efficiently for the past 20 years. Each year, the school and administration would continue to build on its outstanding program. During the past school year, there has been an immense change in direction and NOT FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE CHILDREN. New administration and board members are running the school like a business. They are sinking money into competitions for a select group of children instead of investing in all of the students. My advice....wait one year and see if they continue the true meaning of gifted education.

My children started at The Weiss School six years ago. We came because of the stellar academics and the excellence in leadership as well as the outstanding teachers. Most recently, there has been a change in leadership as well as board influence. The board brought in a principal to do their duty work. She has already let go of three long term employees and favors the teachers who the board members sink their money into. This school was a gem. Since we have already signed our contract we will stay this year but it will be our last.

Excellent teachers. Great facilities. High focus on academic achievement and less focus on sports. Great team projects (for example NHD competition).

Unfortunately this school has been overtaken by the Board. I think the Weiss School will now be called The Mayville School or will it be the Tillson School? They have hired a new Head from a public school who doesn't have any background in gifted. It's funny how the previous post said how great the school is with the new administration. It must be one of the Board members as all the teachers are miserable and the morale is horrible. Hopefully for the students, the teachers will continue to do an amazing job and not let the new Head or Board interfere with what they do best. Good luck!

Love, love, love this school. As much as we'll miss Dr. Spirou, I have complete confidence in the new administration. The day to day activities at the school have not changed. We just participated in author's day, and seeing the book that my child created was incredible. Our younger child just tested gifted, and there's no other school in which we'd consider enrolling him.

We love this school. We believe that our children are getting a top notch education in a warm and caring environment. Highly recommend!

Amount of homework: Agree

At first, we were surprised with the amount of homework. However, our son rose to the occasion. He has shown that he is capable of doing more than we even knew.

Last modified The Weiss School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8