No rating

Weiss School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

Unleashing the potential of Gifted Students

Living in Palm Beach...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $205,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted May 28, 2013

I without hesitation recommend The Weiss School. My child received a superior education. The teachers provide a hands on approach which catered to the unique qualities of each student. My child thrived both in and outside of the classroom at Weiss. She was provided with not only a superior academic education but the opportunity to grow and gain confidence thru extra-curricular activities. The Weiss School provided the necessary foundation which paved the way for her acceptance to a regional leading private High School. I highly recommend The Weiss School.

Posted January 31, 2013

I am a dad with 2 girl that go to the Weiss schools they are 12+8 yrs old. My 12yr old started in PRE-K 4 and is in the 6th grade now. She never liked going to her prior school and cried constantly until she went to the Weiss, she is now as excited today as her first day at Weiss. My 8yr old now in 3rd grade is thriving so well, as parents we have made a great choice in going to Weiss. Weiss school is our girls second family away from home, the teachers are wonderful, loving and kind. It is a beautiful establishment it creates a warm an safe environment for the children, and gives us a peace of mind. Weiss has helped to mold my girls into wonderful young ladies, they are respectful, kind and smart. We believe the best and brightest are from Weiss, the children are so smart that they challenge each other on a daily basis. As parents we are strongly confident that our girls will be successful in life because of what they are being thought at Weiss. I know every parent wants the best for their children that is why we send our girls to Weiss. The principal and faculty are the greatest they take pride in their school and it show in our children. The Weiss school is AWESOME. Luv Weiss

Posted January 8, 2013

I have recently graduated from the Weiss School and am now a freshman in high school. I have been a student at Weiss for seven years and I can say with complete sincerity that the school has prepared me wonderfully in a number of different aspects: academically, socially, and extra-curricularly. Weiss offers a number of classes and electives with some created to challenge "quicker learners," but the school does warmly accommodate students of all levels. All of these classes are taught by caring and experienced teachers. Weiss also offers an excellent extra-curricular program that includes a wide variety of activities ranging from musical theater to sports to homework assistance. This school truly considers students and their safety and well-being to be the utmost priority with its personalized classes, state-of-the-art technology, and warm, caring environment.

Posted October 8, 2012

My child has attended The Weiss School for several years and we couldn't be happier! The program is well-rounded and provides exposure to so many special classes in addition to top-notch academics. While it is true that children that attend The Weiss School are extremely bright, they are regular kids and experience the same "growing pains" that all kids do. Their proactive approach to issues (working with students and parents together) is fantastic. If a student continually does not meet their high standards for behavior and effort, it is not tolerated indefinitely. As a parent, I appreciate knowing my child is held to high standards in academics and behavior and that he is surrounded by others who value the same things.

Posted October 3, 2012

Sales pitch is great! Delivery on promises is extremely lacking; the moon, it is NOT! This private arena has the same social temptations/issues found in any demographic (rich or poor) in every public middle school! That was unexpected, given the picture they painted before we committed to them. We were told by staff and parents, alike, that this school does not have the drama you find elsewhere - simply NOT true!!! Conversely, parents are very welcoming!

Posted July 30, 2012

This will be our fifth year at the Weiss School. We are so proud to be a part of the Weiss family. It is truly the most comprehensive, creative, compassionate, caring environment for the gifted child. My son has had the opportunity at Weiss to flourish in academics and the arts. Through an amazing staff, he grows more and more every year.

Posted May 2, 2012

This has been our 1st year attending this school EC3 class and our daughter and us love it. There is a right balance of learning and playing for this special 3 year old age. The teacher are professional and well educated and know how to deal with different situation. We will definitely attend this school in the coming years too.

Posted April 19, 2012

Our son has attended the Weiss School for three years and will graduate the eighth grade in May 2012. I could cry tears of joy thinking of all the ways the Weiss School has helped him mature, discover and develop his gifts and reach his potential in the relatively short time we have been there. They care about each child as an individual and about bringing out the best in him/her in terms of developing their strengths while encouraging and modeling leadership, high academic achievement and community involvement . They understand the gifted child and go to great lengths to educate parents in ways the public schools cannot and will not, to be the best advocate for their child. Weiss has helped us beyond measure in navigating the often difficult middle school years. Recently our son was accepted to Oxbridge Academy for high school, and we are confident that the Weiss School has prepared him to excel there. (He most likely would not have even been a candidate if it were not for excellent preparation he received from the Weiss School.) We are truly grateful for the guidance and stellar education he has received at this outstanding school.

Posted August 25, 2011

My daughter is a graduate of The Weiss School. She is now attending Suncoast High School whiched has been ranked the 9th best high school in the country by Newsweek. She is in her second year and because of the exceptional education at The Weiss School she has been extremely well prepared for her honors and AP classes. When I talk to parents who have smaller children I try to encourage them to look at the whole picture not just one aspect of a school they wish their children to attend. There is much to be thankful for at the Weiss School. Small class sizes, wonderful and caring teachers, excellent resources. My daughter is thriving in a much larger environment due to the preparation she received in middle school. Isn't it our goal to have well rounded, smart, confident and creative children as they go into college? I will always recommend the Weiss School to parents. Thank you.

Posted August 9, 2011

Our family was at the Weiss School for the past several years, and we made the decision to switch schools for this coming school year. The Weiss School and all it purports to be is a great concept. In actuality, however, it is nowhere close. The classrooms for the younger students are filled to the state mandated maximum of 18 children, which is actually worse than at our local public school. Additionally, kindergartners are not taught anything about the planets or space, which again, is less than the public school standards. Weiss creates an artificial environment in which children are led to believe that they are superior because they are at a private school. It does not reward children or parents for merit based accomplishments. The school is run by a few extraordinarily wealthy parents, and the rest of us who pay tuition and volunteer are not valued as greatly because we don't pay for a new playground. Moreover, the teacher turnover is ridiculous. Each year, good teachers have been let go. A two-time Dwyer Award nominee was fired at the end of the last school year because she is honest and doesn't toe the party line. Weiss is a great idea turned great disappointment.

Posted January 31, 2011

I feel grateful every day when I drop my son off at Weiss. The education is exceptional in every way. The academics are of the highest caliber. Teachers explore topics with passion and creativity. The expectations are high; Weiss is a school where your child will be challenged. He or she will also get the tools and the support needed to excel. The teachers at Weiss understand the emotional component of learning. Dr Daniels, Head of School, is a real pioneer in this field and we are lucky to have this type of program right here in Palm Beach Gardens. The educational environment is rich; theater, sports, music, art, language. The school community is warm and welcoming great teachers, parents, and kids! I wholeheartedly recommend Weiss.

Posted January 14, 2011

Our daughter has blossomed at The Weiss School during her 6 years she has been there. The school has provided her with wonderful opportunities to develop her interests and self confidence. The curriculum is challenging, teaching analytical and problem skills as well as how to master advanced material in math, science, language arts, social studies, and Spanish. The teachers are warm and genuinely interested in the students' success both academically and socially. Their approach is creative and innovative. Our daughter has benefited greatly from the 1-to-1 laptop computing program which has helped her become more efficient at completing her homework. The Tae Kwon Do program has provided a unique opportunity for developing discipline, focus, and competitive spirit. The school administration has been open to our concerns and suggestions. There is a great sense of community among the parents, students and teachers. This is truly a great school!

Posted December 6, 2010

The Weiss School is one of the best preschools. My son is READING AND WRITING on a Kindergarten level and we're not even halfway through the EC4 schoolyear! They don't push the children, but do let them advance at their own, individual ability. They learn and they have fun doing so. Last year, our son was suspended for tantrums and anti-social behavior. Thanks to their recommendations and working together as a team, our son is reading and LOVES school. I love seeing my son happy and learning. I recently had surgery and my son made me a card on his own. "For Papa, git well soon". While not 100% correct, he did it phonetically, with no help, and he is 4! I want my son to grow up loved, happy, and educated and Weiss is doing a great job in helping with that. I couldn't ask for more from a school.

Posted December 3, 2010

My Son is at the Weiss school in preschool. I find it very upsetting that a preschooler was expelled. I have to say, many 'red' flags have presented themselves in the last few months. There have been teacher firings, re-hiring of previously 'let-go' teachers. My son brings home mass produced/copied workbook sheets. He also watches 'learning' videos..which I find upsetting, as he can do that at home. I hear kindergarten is better, although I also know the public schools do a great job of running gifted programs. If you are looking...recommend you wait until Kindergarten.

Posted November 27, 2010

After reading the previous post, I find it comforting to know that The Weiss School suspended a child from inappropriate behavior. One of my main reasons for switching to The Weiss School from a public school gifted program was because my son was getting bullied from other students for being "smart." The Weiss School's academic are fantastic and the teachers also know and understand the social needs of gifted students. I'm happy I made the switch this school year. My son comes home happy everyday and is not stressed about going to school. It's nice to know there is a school that doesn't accept negative behavior and places high value on education.

Posted November 26, 2010

Don't go to preschool if your child isn't 100% perfect! Weiss suspended my daughter for a tantrum, leaving two working parents without child care. She had two tantrums in 4 mos. Granted, the last one was bad..and I could understand a 'pick her up'...but they wouldn't let us in until she had a psy. eval. She was tired and kicked a teacher as she was taking her to time-out. Bottom-line: they do not deal well with 'active' kids. Funny..b/c most active kids are gifted. They need to figure that one out, or start calling themselves, a school for 'gifted-perfectly behaved' kids.

Posted November 2, 2010

We are very pleased with the teachers our son has been blessed with this year. There have been changes at the school, but one thing remains constant in our eyes: the high calibre of educators chosen to be part of The Weiss School staff. Our son is learning and growing at a wonderful pace. He enjoys his special subjects, as well as the core curriculum and approaches assignments with passion and a positive attitude. He is being challenged, as well as nurtured, by teachers that know how to peak his interest in a variety of subject areas. The teachers each bring their own personality traits to the table, yet all echo the school mission statement, which can only help children become confident, well-rounded individuals. Our son is fortunate to be surrounded by such a dedicated, talented group of educators who never seem to stop going the extra mile for their students.

Posted October 31, 2010

This school is absolutely a JOKE! My son was is kindergarten and my daughter in pre-school at Weiss, having just moved here from Broward county, we had our son tested, and he tested gifted and extremely high. So he and our daughter attended Weiss 3 years, and honestly the only reason we stayed is because we were afraid to switch them. Being new to the area, not knowing what was out there and having such a horrible public school experience we stayed. We also of course bonded with alot of the other families. We were however, NEVER happy. Our kids are currently in a charter school and so much more challenged. Just goes to show you you can sell anything if you stick the right label on it!

Posted August 2, 2010

We are so fortunate to have found The Weiss School. Our son had attended another school for gifted children, however his social/emotional needs were never met. The teachers at Weiss are warm, welcoming and skilled at motivating gifted children. The Tae Kwon Do program develops focus and discipline, while allowing the kids to move and expend energy. The Spanish program has taught him more in one year than the last 3 years elsewhere! Communication between parents and teachers/administration/student services is open and consistent, with appropriate followup. Our son thrives at The Weiss School and we couldn't be happier. Thank you Weiss School.

Posted July 21, 2010

I am a student at Weiss and I think that it is a great school. I learned a lot and had so much fun. The teachers at Weiss are nice, firm and they make learning fun. I am glad that grades are posted online weekly because if there are any discrepancies, I can talk to my teachers and they fix the mistake before report cards are sent home. Friday morning shows are a great way to end the work week and celebrate the talents in our school. Thank you Weiss School!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school
  • Dr. Denise Spirou
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Foreign languages
  • Music
  • Performing arts
  • Science
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Organize cultural events
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Suncoast