No rating

Weiss School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

Unleashing the potential of Gifted Students

Living in Palm Beach...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $205,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted September 18, 2008

I am entering my third year of teaching at The Weiss School. It has been the classes, instructed by the Head of School and Assistant Head of School, that have taught me how to meet the needs of gifted students and parents. I personally think that the conference skits have been the most helpful- it s what teachers aren t taught in college. I don t know if you both realize what incredible resources you are! Even when the days are challenging, I still feel grateful that I am able to work with such amazing leaders! It may be difficult for others, teachers and parents, to know what we have here if they haven t been somewhere else. I feel fortunate to be a part of The Weiss School.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 31, 2008

Our children both attend the Weiss School, and we are just delighted with their progress. Their education is fantastic, and the school environment is warm and friendly. Our just turned 5-year old is writing his first and last name, reading short books, and counting in Spanish. Our 6-year old is spelling words like chrysanthemum! The kids are not overworked and/or pressured either. With two young boys that can wait for school to resume in August, how can you go wrong? We truly love it there!

Posted May 21, 2008

It is a great school for truly gifted students, the work is difficult but they learn an incredible amount of information. There are many extra classes offered that you just can't get at other schools. Call today, there are still spots open for the 2008-2009 school year!

Posted May 13, 2008

I am sad to see my son's 2nd grade school year coming to an end. Hats off to the outstanding hands on education that has been offered this year. The teachers are outstanding.

Posted April 27, 2008

We have to relocate and regretfully leave Weiss. While going through final screening for a school that is close to if not at the top nationally, one of the teachers called another, 'come and see; this girl speaks like an adult'. The two years at Weiss Pre-K was wonderful. Bravo, Weiss.

Posted April 11, 2008

My son is just completing his first year in The Weiss School's 3 year old program. I am very pleased at his accomplishments over the past school year. He is able to write his name, identify all letters upper and lowercase and knows all of the sounds each letter makes. He is also beginning to sound out words as well. The 3 year old program also fosters the Fine Arts area by allowing the children to participate in art, music, movement and Spanish.

Posted March 26, 2008

The Weiss School is like a bodybuilder on steroids--it looks good from afar, but there is no substance to it. Nothing but mistruths. The curriculum is the same as a public school but at a much higher cost. If you seek an extension to your country club to show off your wealth go to Weiss. If, however, you seek the best education for your child(ren) look elsewhere. This school coddles their students and as such they learn no responsibility. They know they can whine to their teachers, or their parents can, and a test will be delayed or an assignment rescheduled. My child has been held back academically by attending Weiss instead of flourishing. Dr Daniels has people fooled to think there are no alternatives to Weiss, but I assure you there are and at a much lower cost and with greater rewards. Weiss is a Ford with a Lexus price

Posted March 17, 2008

I went to Weiss for middle school and I'm now a student at Yale. The school is exceptional in valuing its students' abilities, providing them with tremendous freedom. Learning to see teachers as mentors and intellectual peers rather than unyielding authorities happens naturally at Weiss. The high standards to which teachers held me, particularly in the Spanish and English departments, continue. These teachers are, and therefore expect, the best.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 16, 2008

I am a grandparent of a fourth grader at The Weiss School. There are many wonderful attributes of this school of high caliber. My grandchild and I are always made to feel special and welcome at all school functions. Upon many visits to the school, I have found the children to be extremely respectful and well-mannered; a rarity this day in age. My grandchild shares the wealth of information he receives at Weiss with an exciting and upbeat attitude.

Posted March 12, 2008

For those in the know, the Weiss School motto should be 'Where the students are gifted...but the teachers are not.' For whatever reason, they have a hard time keeping good teachers. For the most part, most of them could not write their way out of a paper bag...the majority of the teachers' grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing style is atrocious, at best! The Weiss School is very good at appearances, however, and can convince you that their teachers are the 'best.' Experience will show otherwise.

Posted March 11, 2008

My daughter is about to complete her kindergarten year at the Weiss School and it has been an unbelievable experience. The Weiss School has a great program for gifted children and understands the social and educational needs for the 'gifted' child. I would definitely rate this school with 5 Stars.

Posted March 5, 2008

I am a school presenter, a storyteller and author who visits many schools around the country every year. The Weiss School is a warm, friendly and very viable place to present multi-cultural stories. The school is obviously a nurturing environment with fine, enthusiastic teachers and students. When I asked them to be interactive with some of my stories, they were right there on the same page with me the whole way. I had a lovely time from start to finish.

Posted February 29, 2008

I have been working at Weiss School for 6 years now and I feel honored to be part of this amazing staff. Every morning when I walk in the door, I can feel the positive energy in the air from my colleagues and my students. We have access to a plethora of educational sources which are supported and encouraged by the administration. Professional development at The Weiss School is an ongoing process which we are priviledged to have.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 29, 2008

We moved to the area because the 50-minute-ride was killing us. That is how high we value the education both of my children received at Weiss. Teachers are all very devoted and qualified and work their best to fit all students' learning styles. I highly recommend this amazing school.

Posted February 28, 2008

This is my child's 2nd year at the Weiss School. I would not choose any other school in Palm Beach County over the Weiss School. The administration,faculty, and academic program are outstanding!

Posted February 25, 2008

I have to say that it is amazing to read all of the reviews. I have been a parent at The Weiss School for 5 years. Although it is not a non-profit, all of the proceeds are put back in to the school for the students. The owner of the school is there everyday and does not recieve a paycheck. It has been my experience that the unhappy parents are the ones who think their children can do no wrong. Weiss is an environment that guides and fosters your child's intellect. The negative reviews are from the parents who will never be happy anywhere.

Posted February 25, 2008

This is my second year at The Weiss School. After reading all of the reviews, I can't believe how many reviews are not accurate. Our teachers are the most dedicated I have had the pleasure to work with. We have other teachers come to our school to take the gifted education endorsement classes and they comment how dedicated and knowledgeable our teachers are. Our teachers are certified or are eligible for certificaton and have completed or are in the process of completing their gifted endorsement. You can check out the website to see who has completed their coursework. They spend endless hours on their lesson plans and accommodate the children. We have many other accredited schools who travel all over the state of Florida to view our curriculum and technology. Weiss is certainly an environment you would want your gifted child in.

Posted February 22, 2008

This is my daughter's 3rd year attending The Weiss School. When my daughter got tested by a licensed psychologist, he highly recommended Weiss to accommodate my gifted daughter. One of the things that I found most fascinating is that the teachers and administration were open to my request about assessing my daughter at an advanced grade level. It is refreshing to know that the administration is highly qualified in gifted education. They are not just 'business' minded people-they actually have education degrees at the post graduate level so they know exactly what to do for the gifted child.

Posted February 19, 2008

I came fro a public school where all they did was teach to the FCAT - drove my child crazy beause he knew all this information and was bored out of his mind. My son really enjoys all the hands on teaching that is done at Weiss and loves the many ways they make use of computers. He uses something in his class called a Smartboard which is all he ever talks about. Teachers are great and friendly and all seem to work together. Adminstration has always made itself available when I need. Would highly reccommend! IT's worth a look

Posted February 13, 2008

They help these kids not just academically, but socially. Social adjustment for some gifted children is very difficult and they need special nurturing. The Weiss School understands. They acknowledge and appreciate different learning styles. Of course, they provide excellent academic preparation and accelerate the student as needed.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school
  • Dr. Denise Spirou
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Foreign languages
  • Music
  • Performing arts
  • Science
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Organize cultural events
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Suncoast