No rating

Weiss School

Private | PK-8 | 220 students

Unleashing the potential of Gifted Students

Living in Palm Beach...

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $205,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted November 6, 2009

We are delighted with the Weiss School for gifted children. The high teacher to student ratio ensures that each child receives immediate and specific instruction to meet his or her needs. Teachers are exceptional as they design lessons to reach children in multiple ways. The students are challenged academically and are allowed to progress at their grade level or at an accelerated pace as appropriate. Parents are kept abreast of student s progress on a daily/weekly basis so there are no surprises. The curriculum is well rounded with an outstanding academic program that is enhanced with art, music, tae kwon do, and foreign language to name a few. The administration and staff is top notch; many of whom are recognized leaders in the education of gifted children. We encourage parents seeking a truly exceptional education experience for their children, to consider The Weiss School.

Posted August 9, 2009

I am a student at Weiss and have been going there for 7 years, the education I recieve is better than any you could recieve. The teachers are great and loving. This is a great school!
—Submitted by a student

Posted April 11, 2009

Weiss is a remarkable place. Our children have an insatiable appetite for learning thanks to the environment at this school. The teacher to student ratio is fantastic, and the atmosphere is exciting and challenging. The teachers are exceptional and the staff is genuine and caring. We love that our kids love to go to school. As parents, there are many ways to be involved with school activities and beyond. Our experience with Weiss has been a rewarding one.

Posted February 20, 2009

Without the care and dedication of the teachers, I would not have known that my child was having anxiety. Their willingness to work as a team with me and my child's therapist is allowing my daughter to regain confidence and enjoy learning again!

Posted January 13, 2009

I love Weiss. Middle School at Weiss is wonderful. It would be hard to pick a best teacher. He loves Spanish and is beginning to use the language. He is excelling in math. Language Arts and Social Studies are up-to-date and interesting. My son also loves music, band and especially Taekwondo. The science looks very hard, like something I had in college, but the kids eat-it-up. The homework is just the right level and only given in subjects where it makes sense, like math. While there is homework in the other academic classes, it is usually pretty brief. The best thing is that my son is happy, has loads of friends, both boys and girls, and enjoys school every single day.

Posted October 19, 2008

I am from Melbourne and had the privilege of taking classes towards my gifted endorsement at The Weiss School this past weekend. I am amazed at the exceptional administrators and staff at this wonderful school. They were all so welcoming, informative, and helpful to us. The climate in the building as I toured it on Friday was happy and friendly. The students were very polite and courteous. The administrators and faculty are an amazing group of individuals that care about each other and are working hard to provide the best education for their students. Keep up the great work Weiss School and thanks for everything!

Posted September 18, 2008

I am entering my third year of teaching at The Weiss School. It has been the classes, instructed by the Head of School and Assistant Head of School, that have taught me how to meet the needs of gifted students and parents. I personally think that the conference skits have been the most helpful- it s what teachers aren t taught in college. I don t know if you both realize what incredible resources you are! Even when the days are challenging, I still feel grateful that I am able to work with such amazing leaders! It may be difficult for others, teachers and parents, to know what we have here if they haven t been somewhere else. I feel fortunate to be a part of The Weiss School.

Posted May 31, 2008

Our children both attend the Weiss School, and we are just delighted with their progress. Their education is fantastic, and the school environment is warm and friendly. Our just turned 5-year old is writing his first and last name, reading short books, and counting in Spanish. Our 6-year old is spelling words like chrysanthemum! The kids are not overworked and/or pressured either. With two young boys that can wait for school to resume in August, how can you go wrong? We truly love it there!

Posted May 21, 2008

It is a great school for truly gifted students, the work is difficult but they learn an incredible amount of information. There are many extra classes offered that you just can't get at other schools. Call today, there are still spots open for the 2008-2009 school year!

Posted May 13, 2008

I am sad to see my son's 2nd grade school year coming to an end. Hats off to the outstanding hands on education that has been offered this year. The teachers are outstanding.

Posted April 27, 2008

We have to relocate and regretfully leave Weiss. While going through final screening for a school that is close to if not at the top nationally, one of the teachers called another, 'come and see; this girl speaks like an adult'. The two years at Weiss Pre-K was wonderful. Bravo, Weiss.

Posted April 11, 2008

My son is just completing his first year in The Weiss School's 3 year old program. I am very pleased at his accomplishments over the past school year. He is able to write his name, identify all letters upper and lowercase and knows all of the sounds each letter makes. He is also beginning to sound out words as well. The 3 year old program also fosters the Fine Arts area by allowing the children to participate in art, music, movement and Spanish.

Posted March 26, 2008

The Weiss School is like a bodybuilder on steroids--it looks good from afar, but there is no substance to it. Nothing but mistruths. The curriculum is the same as a public school but at a much higher cost. If you seek an extension to your country club to show off your wealth go to Weiss. If, however, you seek the best education for your child(ren) look elsewhere. This school coddles their students and as such they learn no responsibility. They know they can whine to their teachers, or their parents can, and a test will be delayed or an assignment rescheduled. My child has been held back academically by attending Weiss instead of flourishing. Dr Daniels has people fooled to think there are no alternatives to Weiss, but I assure you there are and at a much lower cost and with greater rewards. Weiss is a Ford with a Lexus price

Posted March 17, 2008

I went to Weiss for middle school and I'm now a student at Yale. The school is exceptional in valuing its students' abilities, providing them with tremendous freedom. Learning to see teachers as mentors and intellectual peers rather than unyielding authorities happens naturally at Weiss. The high standards to which teachers held me, particularly in the Spanish and English departments, continue. These teachers are, and therefore expect, the best.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 16, 2008

I am a grandparent of a fourth grader at The Weiss School. There are many wonderful attributes of this school of high caliber. My grandchild and I are always made to feel special and welcome at all school functions. Upon many visits to the school, I have found the children to be extremely respectful and well-mannered; a rarity this day in age. My grandchild shares the wealth of information he receives at Weiss with an exciting and upbeat attitude.

Posted March 12, 2008

For those in the know, the Weiss School motto should be 'Where the students are gifted...but the teachers are not.' For whatever reason, they have a hard time keeping good teachers. For the most part, most of them could not write their way out of a paper bag...the majority of the teachers' grammar, spelling, punctuation, and writing style is atrocious, at best! The Weiss School is very good at appearances, however, and can convince you that their teachers are the 'best.' Experience will show otherwise.

Posted March 11, 2008

My daughter is about to complete her kindergarten year at the Weiss School and it has been an unbelievable experience. The Weiss School has a great program for gifted children and understands the social and educational needs for the 'gifted' child. I would definitely rate this school with 5 Stars.

Posted March 5, 2008

I am a school presenter, a storyteller and author who visits many schools around the country every year. The Weiss School is a warm, friendly and very viable place to present multi-cultural stories. The school is obviously a nurturing environment with fine, enthusiastic teachers and students. When I asked them to be interactive with some of my stories, they were right there on the same page with me the whole way. I had a lovely time from start to finish.

Posted February 29, 2008

I have been working at Weiss School for 6 years now and I feel honored to be part of this amazing staff. Every morning when I walk in the door, I can feel the positive energy in the air from my colleagues and my students. We have access to a plethora of educational sources which are supported and encouraged by the administration. Professional development at The Weiss School is an ongoing process which we are priviledged to have.

Posted February 29, 2008

We moved to the area because the 50-minute-ride was killing us. That is how high we value the education both of my children received at Weiss. Teachers are all very devoted and qualified and work their best to fit all students' learning styles. I highly recommend this amazing school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 3%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
French
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school
  • Dr. Denise Spirou
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Foreign languages
  • Music
  • Performing arts
  • Science
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Organize cultural events
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What does it cost?

Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered
School-based aid

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Suncoast