Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 04, 2014
My son started at Weiss in 4th grade. We regret not starting sooner. When he came home from his tour and visit as a third grader, he asked us if he could start at Weiss the following day. During his visit as a third grader, he was able to recognize the quality teaching and fun activities the students were engaged in. The administrators at Weiss are second to none. Not only are they highly educated and experienced in their field, they are proactive in parent communication and truly want what is best for every child. The teachers are superior in all areas. They continue to challenge all students and accommodate different learning styles on a daily basis. My son has opportunities at Weiss that he would not have at any other school in our area...National Elementary Honor Society, Educational Taekwondo, Chinese (or Spanish), Public Speaking and Debate, to name a few. The after school program also offers students many opportunities from Chess to Math Counts and Taekwondo. We are grateful to Weiss and all that it offers. If you are a parent looking for quality education, there is not another school that offers so much! Very happy parents.

Posted December 02, 2014
My son graduated from The Weiss School last year and what a wonderful experience it was. Nurturing and well qualified staff and teachers. He was very well prepared for his leap into High School. He is now in all honors classes and doing very well. I can't say enough about The Weiss School!

Posted November 19, 2014
My daughter attended The Weiss School for eight years. This fall, she started at Suncoast High School, a school nationally ranked and known for it's tough academic curriculum. Even as a freshman she is taking pre-calculus, Spanish 2, and two AP classes. Unlike other schools, Weiss allowed my daughter to not only grade accelerate but also subject accelerate based on her academic abilities. Classes sizes are small enough that teachers are able to identify the needs of each and every student so that your child is continuously challenged and learning to their fullest potential. The middle school curriculum at Weiss is top notch. Your child will graduate from Weiss well prepared and already ahead of their class at any public or private high school.

Posted October 23, 2014
Our child is one of 11 children in the pre-k 4 class. He loves his class and has grown and matured so much over the past few months. We are delighted with his progress. He is improving his reading skills on a daily basis. The preschool teachers are so supportive and caring. The children love them. We can't wait to see what kindergarten holds!

Posted October 17, 2014
After reading some of the earlier posts, I had to take the time to comment. Our experience at Weiss has been unbelievably amazing. The administrators and teachers care deeply about these kids, and the kids are challenged to do their very best. Our son goes to school every morning telling us that he is excited about what lies ahead. The aftercare program is superb, with chess club, math club, tennis, cooking class, spanish, etc. I cannot recommend this school enough. It is everything it promises to be, and then some.

Posted October 16, 2014
This is an amazing school for gifted children. Our daughter, Valentina, would not be allowed to start kindergarten in any regular school, (public or private), until she turned 6 because of her late September birthday. After hearing about The Weiss School, we attended an open house. A spot opened up in pre-k and we enrolled her. Never before had she been so excited to go to school! We were told that we had to have her IQ tested by a licensed psychologist before she could be accepted into kindergarten, scoring a 130 or higher. At 4 1/2, she did score over 130 and started kindergarten this fall, a month away from her 5th birthday. I can honestly say that we couldn't be happier with the school and staff from the Head of School down. We are blown away with her progress in math, spelling and reading since she started in Mrs. Rac's kindergarten class. She is a great teacher! Last week, our daughter checked out a level 2 book from the school library about unicorns. She said she figured I could read it to her. She ended up reading the entire 20 page book by herself, only needing help with about 5 words. She was so proud and my husband and I both cried. We are so thankful for this school!

Weiss School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
I will be brief. My daughter Valentina is in her 2nd year at The Weiss School. Starting from Senior Pre-k. Her evolvement academically has been terrific. My wife previously mentioned on here that our daughter now reads 2nd grade level books (she just turned 5) and is excelling in all of her studies. Based on our own experience( which has been great), I find some of these comments made here to be rather unbelievable or exaggerated and would suggest that whomever leaves a comment here should attach their name to it for everyone to see. In closing, if I were to make a criticism, the only weak spot which I have witnessed at the school are some of the shows that I have attended. Sound, visuals, and coordination have not been the best, but that is the least of my concerns regarding an educational institution and there must always be something to improve upon. Best regards Charles Sharoubim

Posted October 05, 2014
This is our daughter's second year at the Weiss School. So far she (and we) are very happy. She is not an easy kid - she doesn't like to sit still and listen most of the time, and she loves to talk - a lot, but the teacher has been willing to work with us to help our daughter instead of just punishing her. No school is perfect, but the principal of this school (Dr. Spirou) has an open door policy and is always happy to listen to helpful suggestions and/or criticisms and is always willing to help fix situations when/if they arise. Instead of complaining on greatschools.org, I wonder if any of these people took the time to talk to her. We are very happy with our decision to go to the Weiss School. If your child is too smart for their own good, Weiss is a great place to send them. They will not be bored for a second. Between the rigorous classwork, art, foreign languages, mandatory taekwondo, computer courses and the huge variety of afterschool class options - they will not have time to get into trouble.

Posted September 22, 2014
As a grandparent of a student at the Weiss School I would highly recommend it. The teachers are giving our grandchild a love of learning. It is such a joy to see him so happy to go to school and to show off what he is learning, We can not say enough good things about this school.

Posted September 21, 2014
Having heard numerous accolades about the Weiss School from a friend, I decided to tour the facility and find out more about what the school offered. Although, I live a distance away, I took an opportunity to find out for myself. I was so impressed with the administrators, and the teaching s that was taking place in a nurturing environment. It was apparent that all the students were engaged and happy. I enrolled my child this year. I could not be more pleased with her experience so far. She is being challenged beyond any expectations that I could have imagined and comes home each day with a new story and a bubbling excitement for the next day.I am thrilled that I made the right choice.

Weiss School