Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Weiss School 1

Posted January 21, 2015
My daughter has been at the Weiss school for two years. The school has a number of positives, but the negatives outweigh the positives this year. She may return next year but I have strong reservations about doing so. Positives: Dr. Spirou is a caring administrator who is an asset for the school. Ms. Beck is an excellent teacher for senior pre-k. Mr. Tripp is an engaging and excellent art teacher. Negatives: The school initiated a new spiral curriculum without fully understanding the program. It did not motivate my daughter, and she no longer wants to go to school. She loved school and did not miss school for the three prior years. She has been stagnant all year after being one of top readers and students at her senior pre k class last year at the Weiss. The senior pre k teachers prepared extensive notes for the kindergarten teachers which the kindergarten teachers failed to read. The assessment process at the beginning of the year was poorly done. Therefore, the teachers did not know the level of students. We have met over ten times with Ms. Otero and Dr. Spirou with only marginal improvement in the classroom. Vivek Reddy

Posted January 13, 2015
My 3 children have attended since Pre-K 3 and are now in 6th grade. They have flourished each and every year, shocking us all with their knowledge and exposure to so many different disciplines-well beyond their years. They are ahead of many of their peers from other places. It truly was the best decision we made for their education. We could not have asked for a better environment. The teachers and administrators are on top of the kids needs both academically and socially. Pushing them forward when necessary and providing that extra help when necessary. There is something to be said when a parent is greeted by administrators and teachers with a hug and not a handshake. Clearly a family environment.

Posted January 12, 2015
My daughter started 1st Grade at Weiss and she is now in 4th grade. I have seen my daughter blossom, she loves learning, and she enjoys learning and being challenged. She has become an independent student, she is very organized and I don't have to do homework with my child, I just check that she has completed her assignments. This year in 4th grade my child gets to use a 3D-Printer at school, learns about robotics in technology class, conducts different experiments in science, and plays Jeopardy in social studies class, my child has so much fun while learning! My child loves to go to school, what else could I ask for?

Posted December 04, 2014
My son started at Weiss in 4th grade. We regret not starting sooner. When he came home from his tour and visit as a third grader, he asked us if he could start at Weiss the following day. During his visit as a third grader, he was able to recognize the quality teaching and fun activities the students were engaged in. The administrators at Weiss are second to none. Not only are they highly educated and experienced in their field, they are proactive in parent communication and truly want what is best for every child. The teachers are superior in all areas. They continue to challenge all students and accommodate different learning styles on a daily basis. My son has opportunities at Weiss that he would not have at any other school in our area...National Elementary Honor Society, Educational Taekwondo, Chinese (or Spanish), Public Speaking and Debate, to name a few. The after school program also offers students many opportunities from Chess to Math Counts and Taekwondo. We are grateful to Weiss and all that it offers. If you are a parent looking for quality education, there is not another school that offers so much! Very happy parents.

Posted December 02, 2014
My son graduated from The Weiss School last year and what a wonderful experience it was. Nurturing and well qualified staff and teachers. He was very well prepared for his leap into High School. He is now in all honors classes and doing very well. I can't say enough about The Weiss School!

Posted November 19, 2014
My daughter attended The Weiss School for eight years. This fall, she started at Suncoast High School, a school nationally ranked and known for it's tough academic curriculum. Even as a freshman she is taking pre-calculus, Spanish 2, and two AP classes. Unlike other schools, Weiss allowed my daughter to not only grade accelerate but also subject accelerate based on her academic abilities. Classes sizes are small enough that teachers are able to identify the needs of each and every student so that your child is continuously challenged and learning to their fullest potential. The middle school curriculum at Weiss is top notch. Your child will graduate from Weiss well prepared and already ahead of their class at any public or private high school.

Posted October 23, 2014
Our child is one of 11 children in the pre-k 4 class. He loves his class and has grown and matured so much over the past few months. We are delighted with his progress. He is improving his reading skills on a daily basis. The preschool teachers are so supportive and caring. The children love them. We can't wait to see what kindergarten holds!

Posted October 17, 2014
After reading some of the earlier posts, I had to take the time to comment. Our experience at Weiss has been unbelievably amazing. The administrators and teachers care deeply about these kids, and the kids are challenged to do their very best. Our son goes to school every morning telling us that he is excited about what lies ahead. The aftercare program is superb, with chess club, math club, tennis, cooking class, spanish, etc. I cannot recommend this school enough. It is everything it promises to be, and then some.

Posted October 16, 2014
This is an amazing school for gifted children. Our daughter, Valentina, would not be allowed to start kindergarten in any regular school, (public or private), until she turned 6 because of her late September birthday. After hearing about The Weiss School, we attended an open house. A spot opened up in pre-k and we enrolled her. Never before had she been so excited to go to school! We were told that we had to have her IQ tested by a licensed psychologist before she could be accepted into kindergarten, scoring a 130 or higher. At 4 1/2, she did score over 130 and started kindergarten this fall, a month away from her 5th birthday. I can honestly say that we couldn't be happier with the school and staff from the Head of School down. We are blown away with her progress in math, spelling and reading since she started in Mrs. Rac's kindergarten class. She is a great teacher! Last week, our daughter checked out a level 2 book from the school library about unicorns. She said she figured I could read it to her. She ended up reading the entire 20 page book by herself, only needing help with about 5 words. She was so proud and my husband and I both cried. We are so thankful for this school!

Weiss School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
I will be brief. My daughter Valentina is in her 2nd year at The Weiss School. Starting from Senior Pre-k. Her evolvement academically has been terrific. My wife previously mentioned on here that our daughter now reads 2nd grade level books (she just turned 5) and is excelling in all of her studies. Based on our own experience( which has been great), I find some of these comments made here to be rather unbelievable or exaggerated and would suggest that whomever leaves a comment here should attach their name to it for everyone to see. In closing, if I were to make a criticism, the only weak spot which I have witnessed at the school are some of the shows that I have attended. Sound, visuals, and coordination have not been the best, but that is the least of my concerns regarding an educational institution and there must always be something to improve upon. Best regards Charles Sharoubim

Weiss School