Posted October 17, 2014
After reading some of the earlier posts, I had to take the time to comment. Our experience at Weiss has been unbelievably amazing. The administrators and teachers care deeply about these kids, and the kids are challenged to do their very best. Our son goes to school every morning telling us that he is excited about what lies ahead. The aftercare program is superb, with chess club, math club, tennis, cooking class, spanish, etc. I cannot recommend this school enough. It is everything it promises to be, and then some.

Posted October 16, 2014
This is an amazing school for gifted children. Our daughter, Valentina, would not be allowed to start kindergarten in any regular school, (public or private), until she turned 6 because of her late September birthday. After hearing about The Weiss School, we attended an open house. A spot opened up in pre-k and we enrolled her. Never before had she been so excited to go to school! We were told that we had to have her IQ tested by a licensed psychologist before she could be accepted into kindergarten, scoring a 130 or higher. At 4 1/2, she did score over 130 and started kindergarten this fall, a month away from her 5th birthday. I can honestly say that we couldn't be happier with the school and staff from the Head of School down. We are blown away with her progress in math, spelling and reading since she started in Mrs. Rac's kindergarten class. She is a great teacher! Last week, our daughter checked out a level 2 book from the school library about unicorns. She said she figured I could read it to her. She ended up reading the entire 20 page book by herself, only needing help with about 5 words. She was so proud and my husband and I both cried. We are so thankful for this school!

Weiss School 4

Posted October 16, 2014
I will be brief. My daughter Valentina is in her 2nd year at The Weiss School. Starting from Senior Pre-k. Her evolvement academically has been terrific. My wife previously mentioned on here that our daughter now reads 2nd grade level books (she just turned 5) and is excelling in all of her studies. Based on our own experience( which has been great), I find some of these comments made here to be rather unbelievable or exaggerated and would suggest that whomever leaves a comment here should attach their name to it for everyone to see. In closing, if I were to make a criticism, the only weak spot which I have witnessed at the school are some of the shows that I have attended. Sound, visuals, and coordination have not been the best, but that is the least of my concerns regarding an educational institution and there must always be something to improve upon. Best regards Charles Sharoubim

Posted October 05, 2014
This is our daughter's second year at the Weiss School. So far she (and we) are very happy. She is not an easy kid - she doesn't like to sit still and listen most of the time, and she loves to talk - a lot, but the teacher has been willing to work with us to help our daughter instead of just punishing her. No school is perfect, but the principal of this school (Dr. Spirou) has an open door policy and is always happy to listen to helpful suggestions and/or criticisms and is always willing to help fix situations when/if they arise. Instead of complaining on greatschools.org, I wonder if any of these people took the time to talk to her. We are very happy with our decision to go to the Weiss School. If your child is too smart for their own good, Weiss is a great place to send them. They will not be bored for a second. Between the rigorous classwork, art, foreign languages, mandatory taekwondo, computer courses and the huge variety of afterschool class options - they will not have time to get into trouble.

Posted September 22, 2014
As a grandparent of a student at the Weiss School I would highly recommend it. The teachers are giving our grandchild a love of learning. It is such a joy to see him so happy to go to school and to show off what he is learning, We can not say enough good things about this school.

Posted September 21, 2014
Having heard numerous accolades about the Weiss School from a friend, I decided to tour the facility and find out more about what the school offered. Although, I live a distance away, I took an opportunity to find out for myself. I was so impressed with the administrators, and the teaching s that was taking place in a nurturing environment. It was apparent that all the students were engaged and happy. I enrolled my child this year. I could not be more pleased with her experience so far. She is being challenged beyond any expectations that I could have imagined and comes home each day with a new story and a bubbling excitement for the next day.I am thrilled that I made the right choice.

Posted September 21, 2014
I finally found an early childhood education program that offers a full academic curriculum. The Senior PreK classes have the kids reading and doing math. They also have weekly art classes and Spanish too! Weiss is giving my daughter a great start academically.

Weiss School 1

Posted September 10, 2014
PART 1: I have been pondering on the idea of posting my experience of the school on here for a couple of years, and today I decided I will. It seems that many of the reviews on here are created by the school staff just to up their ratings. When I went to the school I was promised fair treatment and an amazing education, but that's not really what I received. Many of my teachers treated me fairly for a little while, but then they started to become rude to me and Didn't help me when I needed it most, and they also weren't very kind to my parents either! And of course the popular students were obviously glorified by all the teachers. Their standardized test at the end of the year was a COMPLETE joke. It was EXTREMELY easy, and many of the questions were completely below my level. The FCAT was MUCH harder.

Posted September 10, 2014
I have been a parent at The Weiss School for four years. As with any school, there will be parents who are happy and those who are not. I am one of those parents who are happy. Why am I happy with The Weiss School? How can you not be happy when you have qualified and caring teachers, a strong gifted curriculum especially in the areas of Language Arts, Math and Science and a wide variety of electives like Foreign Language, Art, Tae kwon do and Band to name a few? Weiss is a great find and if your child wants to be challenged and feel special,then this is the place!

Posted September 02, 2014
Weiss has been an incredible experience for both my children. I was fortunate to be able to pull my children from public school after they were not being challenged and doing nothing but being forced to bubble for standardized tests. The welcome they both received even though they did not attend from an early age was overwhelming and heartwarming. My daughter in particular was experiencing social difficulties at her public middle school. Coming to Weiss was the best decision for her. She blossomed here being around students who were similar to her academically. She has since graduated to high school a more confident individual who is self assured and outgoing. My son is happy to go to school where he did not look forward to going to school before. The administration puts family and children first. I am baffled by posts that suggest otherwise. We have experienced very positive things here. Regarding staff, I am amazed that previous respondents suggest a high turnover. To the contrary, there is a very low turnover of staff here. If you want to see high turnover, go to any public high school! In short, I can recommend no other school higher than I can Weiss.

Weiss School