Posted September 22, 2014
As a grandparent of a student at the Weiss School I would highly recommend it. The teachers are giving our grandchild a love of learning. It is such a joy to see him so happy to go to school and to show off what he is learning, We can not say enough good things about this school.

Posted September 21, 2014
Having heard numerous accolades about the Weiss School from a friend, I decided to tour the facility and find out more about what the school offered. Although, I live a distance away, I took an opportunity to find out for myself. I was so impressed with the administrators, and the teaching s that was taking place in a nurturing environment. It was apparent that all the students were engaged and happy. I enrolled my child this year. I could not be more pleased with her experience so far. She is being challenged beyond any expectations that I could have imagined and comes home each day with a new story and a bubbling excitement for the next day.I am thrilled that I made the right choice.

Posted September 21, 2014
I finally found an early childhood education program that offers a full academic curriculum. The Senior PreK classes have the kids reading and doing math. They also have weekly art classes and Spanish too! Weiss is giving my daughter a great start academically.

Posted September 10, 2014
PART 1: I have been pondering on the idea of posting my experience of the school on here for a couple of years, and today I decided I will. It seems that many of the reviews on here are created by the school staff just to up their ratings. When I went to the school I was promised fair treatment and an amazing education, but that's not really what I received. Many of my teachers treated me fairly for a little while, but then they started to become rude to me and Didn't help me when I needed it most, and they also weren't very kind to my parents either! And of course the popular students were obviously glorified by all the teachers. Their standardized test at the end of the year was a COMPLETE joke. It was EXTREMELY easy, and many of the questions were completely below my level. The FCAT was MUCH harder.

Posted September 10, 2014
I have been a parent at The Weiss School for four years. As with any school, there will be parents who are happy and those who are not. I am one of those parents who are happy. Why am I happy with The Weiss School? How can you not be happy when you have qualified and caring teachers, a strong gifted curriculum especially in the areas of Language Arts, Math and Science and a wide variety of electives like Foreign Language, Art, Tae kwon do and Band to name a few? Weiss is a great find and if your child wants to be challenged and feel special,then this is the place!

Posted September 02, 2014
Weiss has been an incredible experience for both my children. I was fortunate to be able to pull my children from public school after they were not being challenged and doing nothing but being forced to bubble for standardized tests. The welcome they both received even though they did not attend from an early age was overwhelming and heartwarming. My daughter in particular was experiencing social difficulties at her public middle school. Coming to Weiss was the best decision for her. She blossomed here being around students who were similar to her academically. She has since graduated to high school a more confident individual who is self assured and outgoing. My son is happy to go to school where he did not look forward to going to school before. The administration puts family and children first. I am baffled by posts that suggest otherwise. We have experienced very positive things here. Regarding staff, I am amazed that previous respondents suggest a high turnover. To the contrary, there is a very low turnover of staff here. If you want to see high turnover, go to any public high school! In short, I can recommend no other school higher than I can Weiss.

Posted August 31, 2014
To the parent that posted on August 10th, 2014: thank you. We are one of the families that left mid-year and it is as if we had written the review. The lower school principal is particularly inept and constantly revises and downplays serious situations. The marketing video would like potential parents to believe that the alumni head to highly competitive colleges such as Harvard and M.I.T. but if you do enough research, you will see that they keep highlighting the same handful of kids. With a little more research, you can see the colleges that the majority of the alumni end up at. One of the most disturbing is that your child does not have to meet the public gifted requirement of a FSIQ score of 130 to enter Weiss. You do NOT need a FSIQ of 130, just 130 in ONE of the subsections. Of course, even this can be bypassed depending on who you are. Also, they do not require a full psycho-educational evaluation. Classes such as math are repetitive, with many children who have problems grasping basic concepts that a gifted child should have no problem with. And the level of drama and bullying.....this could be the theme of another review on its own!

Posted August 10, 2014
The reputation of the school is outstanding, sadly I believe it is riding the coat tails of the prior administration. High teacher turnover, poor retention of students in lower grade levels. Last year, 2013-2014 many students left mid year. The administration continues a good facade but has no depth in its ability to run a school or lead. Parents are scared to leave for public school as they think their kids will not be challenged and other private schools are more money or inconvenient. It is not a happy student body. Teachers have no compassion. Discipline is a huge issue and the staff can not handle it. They need an independent board who can take an honest look at the situation and replace the administrators and teachers who are inept. My personal experience was far worse than the generalities I am writing here. We were in tears listening to the stories we heard from our child.

Posted April 23, 2014
This is my daughter's first year attending The Weiss School and it has been an amazing experience for her and our family. We knew that she was gifted, but she has grown leaps and bounds in so many ways. I am impressed by the curriculum, all of the staff and the supportive parents. My child is eager and happy to go to school! She has already planned to join different after-school activities for next fall!

Posted March 05, 2014
My daughter has had an amazing experience at The Weiss School so far. When we moved here in the summer we decided to put her in a public school taking gifted and advanced classes. The problem was that she was turning into a classic underachiever to fit in socially. Since started at The Weiss School (mid-way through the school year) she has blossomed socially, emotionally and academically. She was accepted with open arms by her peers and teachers. She is back to having to put effort and not afraid to show her intelligence and learn while having fun. Just this week, she has dissected in science class, read and acted out Shakespeare and performed in a talent show. I am so glad that we made the decision to take her out of her home public school and put her at Weiss.

Weiss School
4176 Burns Road, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33410
Last modified Weiss School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Weiss School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 96 reviews.