Public charter
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
They hire "teachers" who arent even trained in how to deal with students or well versed in th subject they are teaching.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 31, 2015
They allow the older kids to take advantage and bully the younger ones. Thru don't care as long as their enrollment numbers are up.

Posted February 10, 2015
I have two children at Bright Futures Academy. I could not be happier with the school. The environment is open, supportive and conducive to learning. The philosophy that is stated is actually put into practice. I am pleased with the level of education and the caring way it is delivered. I took one of my children out of a gifted program to transfer to BFA and he has lost nothing in the switch.

Posted January 26, 2015
This school is amazing. The principal and staff know the parents by name, and the principal is very accessible. I email her teachers and/or the principal quite a lot, and they always answer. When my child went through a period in which she decided not to do her homework, the staff was on top of it. My daughter started there in 7th grade, and she feels very welcome. My daughter struggles in math, and they provide tutoring. She has not had any incident's with bullies either. Her grades are coming up, and so is her self-esteem. This place is a gift. A private school atmosphere without the cost. The staff have been the most caring people I have ever seen gathered under one roof, and Ms. E. (the principal) always knows what is going on with my child.

Posted January 25, 2015
My 3 children all attended and graduated from bright Futures. 2 started in Kindergarden and 1 from 5th grade on. All had great educations and experiences at the school, 2 graduated in the top 5% of their high school class and are now in prestigious universities with scholarships and one I high school, It really concerns me that the incredibly negative reviews as published as fact when thefacts support a totally positive atmosphere and result for the students I knew and know who now attend. Ths staff and administration are top notch and always trying to improve the education of each child. Some teachers who don't perform are let go and I imagine these are the primary source of the negativity that is sometimes presented on this sight. Regardless, most parents I know feel as I do, that Bright Futures offers their students an exceptional education and experience.

Bright Futures Academy 1

Posted November 13, 2014
I would not reccomend BFA the staff will not meet the child's learning needs, they specifically told me they do not help kids with their learning disabilities they were so rude on the phone, I pulled my child out of that school As soon as I hung up the phone she attended 6 days and she is happy at the new school now Rate this school a -0

Bright Futures Academy 1

Posted October 27, 2014
My kids went there for 9 years. When my child went to high school the math grades were so low that summer school was warranted. When I spoke with the Guidance Counselor and they said that was expected of students from Bright Futures Academy. The administration at this school is horrendous. My child's teacher was fired and asked to leave the property immediately for going to interview for another position. A lot of the teachers and admin are not certified in the area they are employed in. I would ask to see their teaching certifications. Many friends I referred to the school left very upset. They discouraged a PTA and no longer have one, no safety patrol and the middle school has 4th and 5th graders in with 6th - 8th graders. The teacher and staff turnover rate if horrific. There are a lot of disgruntled ex-parents, students and staff of this school. Don't be fooled by the dog and pony show! All of my children were at least one year behind starting new schools.

Posted August 08, 2014
I searched every choice school on the internet in Lake Worth, Boynton and West Palm Beach area, over thirty at least. I took all these things and more into consideration. Keep in mind that I visit the Palm Beach County Website, I receive all the school email updates for the area, and I continue to read the Bright Futures board minutes and newsletters. Bright Futures is offering a private education that not only meets, but exceeds some of the private schools I visited. My goal next year, (as should every parent that is getting a private education at no cost) is to volunteer, be the biggest cheerleader and offer any skill or talent that would make the school grow.

Bright Futures Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2014
The Good: Parents are involved with the school which makes it feel like a community. The Bad: Teachers are unprepared, high turnover, unprofessional and unprepared administrators, the school is disorganized The Ugly: When I transferred my daughter out of Bright Futures, she had to take intensive classes to catch up with her peers. She was below grade level in math and reading even though she had good grades at Bright Futures. Parents need to step up and demand better or transfer their kids out.

Posted June 04, 2014
My son graduated the 8th grade last night from Bright Futures Academy. It was a great ceremony and many of the students received awards and recognition for achievements. My son was at the school for 3 years and has benefited tremendously from his time there. He has grown in responsibility, academic achievement and sports abilities. He totally positive experience for him and for his classmates.

10350 Riverside Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33410
Last modified Bright Futures Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bright Futures Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 111 reviews. Top