Posted August 08, 2014
I searched every choice school on the internet in Lake Worth, Boynton and West Palm Beach area, over thirty at least. I took all these things and more into consideration. Keep in mind that I visit the Palm Beach County Website, I receive all the school email updates for the area, and I continue to read the Bright Futures board minutes and newsletters. Bright Futures is offering a private education that not only meets, but exceeds some of the private schools I visited. My goal next year, (as should every parent that is getting a private education at no cost) is to volunteer, be the biggest cheerleader and offer any skill or talent that would make the school grow.

Bright Futures Academy 2

Posted August 02, 2014
The Good: Parents are involved with the school which makes it feel like a community. The Bad: Teachers are unprepared, high turnover, unprofessional and unprepared administrators, the school is disorganized The Ugly: When I transferred my daughter out of Bright Futures, she had to take intensive classes to catch up with her peers. She was below grade level in math and reading even though she had good grades at Bright Futures. Parents need to step up and demand better or transfer their kids out.

Posted June 04, 2014
My son graduated the 8th grade last night from Bright Futures Academy. It was a great ceremony and many of the students received awards and recognition for achievements. My son was at the school for 3 years and has benefited tremendously from his time there. He has grown in responsibility, academic achievement and sports abilities. He totally positive experience for him and for his classmates.

Bright Futures Academy 2

Posted May 28, 2014
this has been a terrible year at BFA. I don't think my daughter learned much and the turnover of teachers was terrible. In addition, they promoted teachers into positions that exceeded their skill level. They lack serious organization and I hope to transfer my daughter elsewhere. She can't afford be behind in her education.

Posted August 13, 2013
My children moved from private schools to Bright Futures and I couldn't be happier with the experience. The very few issues I have mentioned to administration were handled immediately. (It appears that disgruntled parents of expelled students are venting on this site). I love that the children are tested quarterly and placed in groups according to their level. With this system the entire class is in sync with the education and no students are holding up the class or falling behind. My daughters have thrived in this environment and appear to be a year and a half ahead of their friends from our former private school. It's been a blessing to attend BFA for the past 7 years and I only wish they could start a high school!!

Posted June 11, 2013
We will miss BFA now that all of our kids have graduated. It really is a wonderful school. Too many people expect it to to be too many things. It's a public school that you have to be involved with as a parent. They aren't a babysitting service!

Bright Futures Academy 1

Posted June 06, 2013
This school definitely does not deserve the five out of ten stars it is currently receiving. The teachers are no where near qualified to teach the subjects they have been assigned and the administration is no better. They go around telling all the kids how poorly they're doing and how much it is going to affect them in high school, when in reality, they were never prepared for it. Any question asked seems to be a major inconvenience. This school could improve by actually listening to the students once in a while, because believe it or not, they're a lot smarter than you give them credit for. Truthfully, I think there is no hope for this school at all.

Posted April 23, 2013
We've been very happy at BFA for 6 years now. For the most part we have had outstanding teachers. I don't think this school is for everyone. I've seen many families leave over the years seeking something "better." I can honestly say that I don't think that there is something "better".....different maybe. No school is perfect and I don't claim that this school is. But what I do know, from our personal experience, is that BFA is a good school! I love that the teachers AND administration KNOW my children by first name. I feel they care about them and want the best for their future. My children have been happy, safe and learning something everyday. I love the small, private feel of this school. I love that if you don't like it...you can leave! Simple as that. We support BFA and are proud to be there!

Posted April 15, 2013
I don't believe that the last two posts were actually done by teachers. All of my daughter's teachers are wonderful, dedicated people who care about how well she does not just academically but socially too. I know several of the teachers outside of school and they say nothing but good things about the school's administration. To the REAL teachers of BFA, take it from a parent - KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

Bright Futures Academy 1

Posted February 15, 2013
This school stinks they do not care about these children at all!!!! They hire teachers last minute and they are terrible for our kids. Extremely unorganized ONCE AGAIN NOW they are panicing about the FACATS. They don't care about bullying I have addressed the school and have not even recieved a reply. The principal says he recieved tons of e-mails, e-mail me again. Something is seriously wrong. When a teacher is telling the students no one is getting an A on this project and they didn't even hand it in yet, its not right. They don't know how to encourage children to want to learn. Lets be glad they are moving!!

Bright Futures Academy
10350 Riverside Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL  33410
Last modified Bright Futures Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bright Futures Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 99 reviews.