PK-5|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 24, 2015
Both of my sons attend Sunshine Tree Montessori School. I am a public school teacher with 10 years experience, and swore that I would never send my children to private school. Unfortunately with the over regulation of the school system and pressures put on children at very young ages, it was apparent that unless I acted soon and found a nurturing, loving environment that my children would soon lose their love of learning and discovery. Sunshine Tree staff love and care for the children like they are their own. I have complete confidence in their ability to educate both of my children. Their staff is well educated, holds high expectations for all students, and push students enough but not so much that they crumble under unrealistic demands. Their staff are experts in child development and have realistic expectations for performance. I can not say enough about the Ms. Hoff and Ms. Moonie. They are some of the most gifted educators that I have known in my life. Their content knowledge is superior. They are consistent, caring, supportive, and love what they do. Sunshine Tree is a very special place, and we are so glad to have our children at this school.

Posted September 04, 2014
As an alumna who walked in nearly 20 years after moving on the director and lower primary teacher greeted me by name and asked after my family before I had barely passed through the door. My choice was made in that moment to send my two girls to Sunshine Tree. My oldest attended from 3 years old through VPK, she went into public Kindergarten well above her grade level. My youngest is currently in VPK, I expect the same results. As a previous reviewer stated, children are not a number here. Children are the future and are treated as such. An SST education includes all the usual arithmetic, science, and literacy and also a good healthy dose of learning to be a good citizen, conservation, and many other life lessons. The school motto sums it up beautifully: A child, like the tiniest seed, needs guidance and sunshine to grow.

Posted December 18, 2012
My son is in 1st grade, and I am very happy that we found this school. The other school prior, (Eisenhower Element.) seemed less than concerned about my son's education needs and his feelings. Eisenhower wrote off my son's needs, and then wanted to fail him and have him repeat the same kindergarten experience. I have never pondered the idea of failing kindergarten prior. My son now loves to go to school, and I am very grateful that he has such caring teachers in his life. Sunshine Tree School has a better student teacher ratio, and they really care about kids. Kids are not a number, they are little people who need help growing.

Sunshine Tree School