611 students|Martin

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

All I know is our grandson came to us starting 2nd. grade and didn't even know how to read. much less anything else as you have to be able to read to even do math, soc. studies, science, etc.

Amount of homework: Disagree

If you are having problems at school the should be bring the books home to study more or doing extra work.

My grandson attended here for Kindergarten & 1st. grade. He got held back in Kindergarten. They had him in special Education classes like he couldn't learn. Well, he moved to Tn. to live with us & the school he attends now is not new looking & fancy, but they make sure you learn. He couldn't read going into 2nd. grade! We worked with him & the school worked with him and by the time he was going to 3rd. grade he was reading and doing all his academics at grade level. He even made high honors! Our school can't understand why Citrus Grove had him in Special Ed. classes when all he needed was teachers to teach him. Of course we helped but he had a lot of catching up to do. Third grade went smooth and now already in 4th he is making all a's & b's. Our school is even tougher at grading. He has also won numerous awards in the time he's been going here plus being listed in the newspapers! So Citrus Grove teachers & Admin. take note, my grandson Alex C. Jones is a very bright, smart & caring student & we are very proud of him. As he is also very proud of himself & disappointed it took coming here to learn what he should have already known in Fl. He loves how well he's doing & takes pride in everything he has & will learn. Big thanks to Michie Elementary & no thanks to Citrus Grove. May I also add shame on you Fl. schools. Gary & Tina Jones Grandparents of Alex C. Jones

Too many issues with my child's teacher this year and the school won't acknowledge it. Very sad for those students that got placed in that class. I truly hope the parents are relying solely on that teacher for their child's education this year. We have had wonderful teachers up until this year and it's extremely unfortunate. I hope the school rethinks things for next year for incoming students to this classroom.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The only complaint I have is about the music teacher. She is known as being very strict and screaming a lot, so she has turned my musically inclined child off on learning more about music, which is a shame.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Bullying is not tolerated at all. Respect is taught to all students, and encouraged throughout the year through various means.

I have nothing but great things to say about CGE! My children have been there going on three years. Although we've had a few things pop up here and there, any issues are immediately handled by Mrs. Aursland or Mr. Vilwock. The teachers are generally happy and enthusiastic, and it shows in how the children are respecting of others and friendly. This school is well worth the astronomical cost of living in Palm City.

The school is great; they do everything they can to help the students if they are struggling. The teachers are absolutely wonderful; I haven't met a grumpy or mean one yet! I wish I could say the same for the secretary at the front desk, though. She's very abrupt, she doesn't smile and always acts like I'm interrupting whatever she's doing thats obviously way more important than I am. Might be time to consider a change, Mr. Villwock.

My daughter has gone to Citrus Grove for three years now. The teachers have been wonderful, and attentive to any extra needs she has had. Her academics have improved greatly since she first started there. The guidance counselor was very proactive helping her through some social issues she was having. The school also has some great clubs for the kids to have added learning and social opportunities. I've never had a problem with communication between myself and the staff. I'm so happy that my daughter has such an awesome school!

Car line is poorly run, some kids are not cut out to be safety patrol,one in particular whose parent works there. Not enough adult supervision. Assistant Principal is never out there. Principal and Guidance Counselor seldom return emails or phone calls. Gym teacher is superfluous. One fifth grade teacher is miserable. The secretary who answers the phone is always rude. Otherwise its your average school!

Last modified Citrus Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.