Posted May 19, 2014
My daughter has gone to Citrus Grove for three years now. The teachers have been wonderful, and attentive to any extra needs she has had. Her academics have improved greatly since she first started there. The guidance counselor was very proactive helping her through some social issues she was having. The school also has some great clubs for the kids to have added learning and social opportunities. I've never had a problem with communication between myself and the staff. I'm so happy that my daughter has such an awesome school!

Citrus Grove Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2014
Car line is poorly run, some kids are not cut out to be safety patrol,one in particular whose parent works there. Not enough adult supervision. Assistant Principal is never out there. Principal and Guidance Counselor seldom return emails or phone calls. Gym teacher is superfluous. One fifth grade teacher is miserable. The secretary who answers the phone is always rude. Otherwise its your average school!

Citrus Grove Elementary School 3

Posted February 23, 2014
It seems Citrus Grove got a better failing grade than the overall state!! If my child were to receive a grade less than 80% let alone a failing grade of 65% Id be very disappointed and they would be doing homework every night without excuse until they brought the grades up. Either the testing is poorly managed, delivered, or taught, or the Florida school system is in shambles. Either way, everyone should be ashamed. Before seeing these results Id have rated the teachers and staff 4 or 5 stars. But after seeing the testing results apparently they aren't able to do the jobs adequately. Either Florida hires only mediocre uncaring teachers or more than likely, the resources provided to them by state level management is lacking and poorly managed. Maybe its time to look at teaching students to think rather than now to take a test.

Citrus Grove Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
If you have a child that is at grade level or above then they will do great. If you have a child that struggles with reading, the be prepared for the fact that they will want to fail your child. But the principle will tell you, as a way to make you feel better, "but don't worry we never hold a child back more than once." My child has an above average IQ but difficulty reading and their best solution was to make him repeat all of 2nd grade. Their reasoning was, "He has a good chance of failing the third grade FCAT." I suppose failing a student is better than working hard to help them succeed. I told them I could come into the classroom to help where he struggles. I was told, "That is just not how we do things here." At the same time, they said that he needed too much help in the classroom. The teacher had 14 kids. Needless to say, I pulled my child out of this school and he's thriving above grade level. The other thing I hated about this school was how they picked all the smartest kids in the grade and gave them all the awards. We came in half way through the year and my child was told she was not eligible for awards since she came in late. That's ridiculous!!

Posted May 27, 2013
My son attended Citrus Grove Elementary in Palm City. The teachers, staff and school are excellent! I feel very blessed that my son was able to attend Citrus Grove. I wish to thank everyone, especially Mrs. Bakkedahl, Mrs. Klostreich s and Mrs. Windsor for caring, teaching and all they do to help mold our children. You are the best of the best and we appreciate you! Thank you!

Posted July 24, 2012
My son is leaving CGE for middle school. The teachers have left their mark on him. His attitude for school and learning has become infectious. His academic growth is rewarding. The friendships made by him and by our family through the school will live forever. We miss CGE!

Posted July 23, 2012
I have two children at CGE and we love it. Amazing staff! Child-centered! My children have demonstrated excellent academic progress and have made strong friendships.

Posted May 31, 2011
Actually the parent writing about the 24 hr observation rule should be informed that it is district policy per teacher contract that requires 24 hr notice. It is not a school-based decision.

Citrus Grove Elementary School 1

Posted March 16, 2011
I have a serious problem with the observation policy at the school. I must give 24 hr notice in order to observe my child's classroom. What if I want to see it without giving the teacher 24 hrs to clean up their act? As a parent I feel I should be able to observe and check on my child at any time.

Citrus Grove Elementary School 0

Posted October 10, 2010
Citrus Grove is a beautiful facility. The teaching staff seem happy to be there and excite the children to learn.

Citrus Grove Elementary School
2527 Southwest Citrus Boulevard, Palm City, FL  34990
Last modified Citrus Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Citrus Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top