Palm City, FL
Students enrolled: 1,051

Posted November 18, 2014
Horrible school its like a dungeon. I don't know how the kids get into the school. Its jail, my daughter is in Anderson now and she said its 100 times better. Go ANDERSON BOO HIDDEN OAKS!

Hidden Oaks Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I am in 8th grade and this is a great school. I have the best teachers ever. The only thing I can complain about is the food. It is horrible. The cook should be fired. The food in elementary school was way better than this stuff. I don't understand how they can mess it up so bad. Who eats brown lettuce? The hot food is cold and the cold food is not. My mom tries to find stuff on the website for me to eat but she said it is all pretty much unhealthy and full of salt and fat. I told her I would not care if it tasted good. I can't wait for H.S.

Posted March 17, 2013
I am currently in eight grade, and I have to say, this is a GREAT school. Teachers are nice, although there are a few grouchy ones. There's many clubs to join, including chorus, band, art, and SWAT. They also get you properly prepared for high school. I've noticed that many kids are snobby and rude, and I mostly stick to my friends from elementary school. As long as you hang out with the right people, you won't get into any drama, but you will be extremely annoyed at certain people who do. Before coming here, I went to Palm City Elementary which is AMAZING. I had my best school year there, and my worst school year here, which was seventh grade. Sixth grade was OK, I was just meeting new people and seeing who's good or not, and eighth grade is actually really good :) So all in all, you will have a great experience at this school and gain much knowledge, just stay away from the bad crowd. :)

Posted November 27, 2012
I have 2 children that attend and they both HATE it. The children think they are special(I don't know why),and the teachers well I am sure we have no scholars there. They have one teacher that screams and curses when she is upset( is she supposed to be a professional and what is she teaching my children. Funny I was getting my hair done and a complete stranger was having the same experience with the same teacher on,y her daughter attended 5 years ago. I think there is a agora teacher that needs to lay off the soda it's making her hyper. Another told my straight a student daughter not to apply for IB that she was not qualified,well it's not up to her she needs to stop suppressing children it's up to the Ib except acne at the high school, no not a good school

Posted July 10, 2011
This school was a dissapointment to say the least. With a few exceptions, the teachers appeared to be unhappy and the students... WOW is all I can say. Big group of self entitled here, not a nice bunch. My son absolutely hated going to this school.

Posted October 14, 2009
Truly dedicated teaching staff and a great student body!

Posted August 20, 2009
my son went their and the teachers were exellent

Posted July 09, 2009
this school is okay, the teachers are pretty cool. and i love lunch.

Posted December 10, 2008
Okay so this is my 8th grade year and hear me out: HOMS is the best school in the area, I won't lie, yes there are your typical preps, cheerleaders, jocks and all the other stereotypes, but if you just avoid and ignore them they won't affect your life. HOMS does have a great academic program if you wish to pursue a higher education. The gifted teachers may be harsh at times but in the end you'll realize that you actually learned a lot. The P.E. program is nice, because if you have a tough time athletically, it isn't too rigorous, but you also can get a good workout if you choose to. HOMS bands are outstanding, we have one of the best director's Mr. Allen Gilbert (no one can even remember when he started teaching), and dedicated students make All-State each year. Go to HOMS and you'll be happy.

Posted May 27, 2008
I absolutly love teaching at Hidden Oaks Middle School. The administration, staff and teachers go above and beyond to put learning first. Student achievment and character development are a top priority at HOMS. The atmosphere is very friendly and supportive of all who attend and work at Hidden Oaks. I would not work at any other school.

2801 Southwest Martin Highway, Palm City, FL  34990
Last modified Hidden Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hidden Oaks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top