Imagine School At Town Center

Charter | K-8 | 917 students

Posted February 8, 2014

This school is amazing! I have had the pleasure of sending my child to Imagine for 3 incredible years and have nothing but great things to say about the staff and environment. People complain that Mrs. O'Grady is never in her office but really... do we want a principal who stays in her office all day? I for one am ecstatic when I see either the principal or AP walking around classrooms. Is it too much to ask of us to make an appointment? I know that the administration has an open door policy, but I for one do not expect them to be at our beckon call. I for one am excited about the new changes in leadership as well. I am confident in knowing that Mrs. Kendall will fill Mrs. O'Grady's shoes perfectly as she has been under the direction of her since the very beginning and they share the same vision. It's cool knowing that she has served in many roles so she has an idea of the inner workings of the school. Im sure in some roles she has had - that at the end of the day, because of decisions that have to be made, will ultimately leave some people unhappy. To those unhappy - it IS a school of choice!!

Posted January 18, 2014

My son has been here for three years now. The teachers are exceptional and caring , curriculum is challenging. My son is so happy here.

Posted December 25, 2013

This school is incredibly unorganized, complete chaos.Lacks emphasis on education itself.Character development alone will not get your child into any college.I wish the principal along with all parties involved in the school's development would realize that. It is a low grade charter school where the focus lays on fundraising and parents to be "plugged in" as in continous physical presence in the classroom.Do yourself and your kid a favor and send them to the public school since this charter school does not outperform the public school. Terrible school!

Posted September 26, 2013

AWESOME my son had mrs mayhew last year he did not want to leave her class she is a great teacher . he still goes in her room to see her and give her BIG hugs . I LOVE THIS SCHOOL and more important my son loves going to school thank you

Posted September 18, 2013

Imagine Schools at Town Center has truly been the greatest support for our child. They have worked with us in helping our child meet with success. He came in from public school system in Second Grade and was reading in the 17 percentile. The teachers truly care for the success of their students and our child now feels like he is in a very safe environment that wants to help him with his learning differences. Our son is now is 6th Grade and meeting with great success. Thank you Imagine!

Posted May 10, 2013

This is my third year here, to be honest, this is the worst year I've had. Next year, if your child is going to be in Middle School, if he/she is assigned with Mrs. Rodriguez, ask for Mrs. Casher. Reading, science, or civics? You won't have a problem with them, you'll think Mrs. Gordon (Science) is weird, but you'll get used to her. Back to math, watch out for both math teachers. Mrs. Rodriguez is supposedly "Advanced mathematics", but she is just simply full of boredom. She constantly threatens her students with detentions, and doesn't care about your child. Mrs. Casher is moody and miserable. At Open House, you'll think she's awesome, but towards the middle of the year, you'll dislike her. She writes you up for no reason, and obviously plans to dominate the world... Overall, I wouldn't reccommend this school, especially the disorganized and lazy administration.

Posted February 14, 2013

We moved to Palm Coast in June not knowing the schools and placed our son the school that was our home school close to our home. He was bullied at that school and dreaded going to school and we started looking at options for him. We are so thankful to have found Imagine School as he is being challenged in his education and is growing and learning so much. His teacher is fantastic and very communicative. We love that parents have to be involved. Great academics, communication, and collaboration.

Posted October 12, 2012

My family and I moved to the PC area almost 2 yrs ago in the middle of the year for my girls. We didn't know the schools but they went to a public school we lived near. I was totally unhappy and searched around for another school. I was told about Imagine and while taking a tour, my husband and I fell in LOVE. The middle school students help assist the elementary teachers durring their free periods. Everyone helps everyone. My kids are known by many teachers not just their own. I am recognized and greeted by all staff as I walk through the school. They allow me to stop in at any time and welcomed warmly. My kids enjoy going to school more than ever at Imagine!

Posted September 5, 2012

This is my first experience with Imagine Schools and I am quite satisfied. The teachers, staff, and volunteers are extremely helpful and happy. My son was in a private school with a class of mixed grades. Bullying, and other unmentionables were tolerated and not dealt with at the school. The disciplinary action, and the organization is the best part of the school. It shows that children can and will be responsible adults. I thank all of the staff and those that os making it possible to run a successful school!

Posted July 21, 2012

We had a terrible year at Imagine this year and my child will not be going back. Lisa O'Grady is the principal but you can never get a hold of her. I have been told that she wasn't there and then walked in to find her to definitely be there. I have left messages that were never returned. I hear teachers and staff talking openly about a parent they don't like or a child's behavior. These things should be kept confidential. No one seems to be interested in resolving a problem to the parent's satisfaction. The attitude seems to be "if you don't like it - tough" My child has always loved school, but this year at Imagine has ruined the feeling and all I hear is "I hate school" This is terrible and we have a lot of healing to recover from this devastating year. Please consider another school. This one does not care about your child.

Posted May 16, 2012

This is my 7th grader's first year at Imagine and he continually tells me how much he likes it. He's getting straight A's, works hard, and has a deep respect for his teachers (which surprised me coming from a 13 year old!) The teachers are well educated and excited by what they do. At conferences time all five of his teachers sat with me as a group and together shared his progress. What a great way to get feedback. Most importantly the teachers show a love for their jobs and respect for my son, which I know makes him happy to go to school each day...and want to learn more. He does do PE, art and music...so don't worry. They are getting all that. As for the school as a whole, there's a wonderful sense of community there. It certainly feels like a welcoming place. My twins will be starting Kindergarten there in the fall!!!

Posted April 25, 2012

I am so happy that I have all THREE of my children at Imagine. My only regret is that I didn't enroll them sooner. EVERYONE is so nice. Regardless how busy the day is for Mrs. O'Grady, she is out there every a.m. helping the kids out of the car "with a smile." As soon as you walk into the building you are greeted by Ms. Butler who is always professional. The kids just love her. There are teachers who aren't my kids teachers who know me by first name and know all my kids. They always say hi when you pass by them. The entire staff has been so helpful and I know if I or my children needed anything that I can go to anyone of them and get RESULTS! My children are so happy to be attending Imagine. They do have PE, Music, Art, and Library time. They also get to go on field trips unlike they did at Public School. The ladies in the cafeteria have gotten to know my children's face just by them going through the lunch line and know them now by first name. They see them on campus and always say HI. This is a very family oriented school which is great. There isn't one teacher that I've met there that I wouldn't want my child to have. WE LOVE IMAGINE and THE IMAGINE FAMILY!

Posted April 13, 2012

The office staff is very disrespectful especially Marie. The school staff say they wants the students to be honest, respectful, and integrity and yet they lack that themselves. If you need principal O' Grady for any reason they say that she is busy and they give you her voice mail. Kristy Kendall lacks ethics and a moral compass and should not be in a position of disciplining the students when she acts as bad as they do. My children frequently come come with bumps and bruises. This school has a discipline problem. The teachers are very confrontational you cannot talk with them civil about your concerns about you child without them taking offense. In fact the front office worker Marie told me to that Imagine is a choice school so if I don't like the school to send my children elsewhere ....that's real professionalism there... And the PTO meetings are worthless its just a bunch of egos. Until this school makes some serious changes you are better off sending your child to public school or another private school.

Posted November 9, 2011

My daughter used to go to Belle Terre were she was intimidated and teacher screamed at her she was getting sick in the mornings not wanting to go to school for the first nine weeks in first grade. I had no choice but to place her at Imagine School which is 25mins away from my home. Ever since my daughter started this school she had a big change in attitude and in learning. Very happy with Imagine they all work together as a team and focus on important things and most important RESPECT! She will definitely finish all the way thru 8grade.

Posted October 3, 2011

I transferred my son to Imagine to repeat kindergarten last year. Within 1 week all teachers working the car rider line new his name and greeted him warmly. Uniforms not only make our mornings easy but instill a sense of responsibility in my son - he knows when he puts on his uniform he's going to "work". The school just started an after school performing arts program that we're very excited about! Parent involvement is mandatory which helps in countless ways. Highly recommend! (A comment was made about the car-rider line in a previous post. It is working smoothly now. I heard many parents from other schools moaning during those first few weeks as well.)

Posted September 11, 2011

The post from September 4th obviously has never been in ISTC. The school offers PE, Art, Music and array of after school activities that have done great things in our community (featured in all local newspapers). Its seems that this person did not receive a job so lets bash a school. The teachers are awesome, the programs cater to the individual student and as far as the building or pick up line; instead of complaining parents, do something about it!! Talk to your child's teacher, volunteer to help with the line. Every school has problems to solve; only Imagine will let the parents be part of the solution!

Posted September 4, 2011

What good is a school if social programs such as PE, Art and other classes of the such are not offered. Most schools offer these yet imagine does not. Also, I think that as long as your a friend of a friend of a friend of you dog groomers cousin, you can get a teaching job here. It's who you know, not what you know or how you teach. Not happy with this school. Also heard that although more buildings were built , the financial mess that the school is in, will be exposed soon.

Posted August 31, 2011

Is anyone out there paying attention to the new "pick-up" line after school. Outrageous and demonstrates a total lack of planning. Let's increase the student population by aprox. 400 without any consideration or planning for the increase in traffic flow. We're now driving on sidewalks to get the children! Laughable if not so sad, and don't forget to allow another 1/2 tank of gas a week just to idle in the heat for 1/2 or more. Even the sheriff's assisting traffic are not happy about this total lack of foresight by the school causing traffic jams. Common sense literally went out with the baby's bath water on this one!!!

Posted April 29, 2011

Imagine is the best school in Flagler County by far...Moved our son here mid-year, he so much happier and his school work has improved drastically. He was so far behind from Belle Terre. At imagine they take their time with the students and spend some actual one on one time with them which is so important and most public schools do not have the time or care to do this..My son is not just another body at this school the Staff are wonderful and all take the time to get to know the students on a personal level everyone knows our son there and he feels important..All I can say is wonderful things about this school, too many to list..

Posted January 15, 2011

This school is so different from any of the area's public schools for many reasons, but the one that drew me to it was the smaller size. My children can excel and shine in a smaller environment and that does a lot for their self esteem. I do not feel that my children are receiving less of an education or lower standards. True, many of the teachers have very little experience, but their passion for what they do is much more consistent. My children are actually being TAUGHT instead of TESTED. If the state and county would let the public school teachers TEACH, there would be less of a difference. However, given the current political climate, Imagine blows away all local elementary schools for the needs of my particular children, based on my priorities as a parent. All of that with a LOT less money from the district, too.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

121 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

97 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

97 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

95 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

62 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

64 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

67 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

66 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

67 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

70 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

49 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "D".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

24 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

775 Town Center Boulevard