Palm Coast, FL

Matanzas High School 3

Posted April 04, 2014
Matanzas is an awesome school. With the clean environment and general friendliness I felt welcome. The staff and students are listened to and heard. The main problem with the school though is the control. They (staff) has far too much control and restrictions in some areas (such as extra activities that are supposed to be fun) and have far too little rules in areas like where kids who do smoke, where they can and the PDA at the school is off the charts! This school defiantly has its peaks. I don't think the staff is the reason for our high grades. The teens who attend this school are well mannered and generally self disciplined.

Matanzas High School 1

Posted January 18, 2014
My school is Matanzas and it sucks. The teachers don't know how to do their job, they treat every kid like they're stupid. Also the lunch you can find hairs in and it just is plain nasty. Another reason is because their is so many fights and I can't remember a time when any of the staff actually was able to break one up by themselves. It is a horrible school. Do not send your child there.

Posted December 08, 2013
Matanzas is a great school. It is actually the better of the two high schools in Flagler county. It was ranked in the top 7% of high schools in the country by US News for 2013. It has an awesome AP program, very competitive Track and Cross Country programs and excellent music program. It is still a young school and parents, teachers and administration are striving to build the name of Matanzas HS as a premier high school in the county and state. My biggest complaint about the county schools as a whole is the unnecessary and controversial dress code program that has caused more issues then it helped.

Matanzas High School 4

Posted October 24, 2013
I am parent and we are new to the area it is a school. Very clean and evetyone for the most part is pretty nice. We chose the area because of the schools ratings.

Posted November 22, 2012
Matanzas is actually a really good school, I've had so much fun here in the past four years, I'm really sad I'm leaving. Almost all the teachers I had were pretty cool and relaxed, i never had too much homework. Sure the AB schedulle isn't my favorite, I mean who would like to sit in math class for and hour and a half? And maybe this whole dress code thing sucks, but it could be worse.

Posted August 14, 2010
The school atmosphere is phenomenal and conducive to student learning. The principal and staff care about students and know them. All work hard to achieve student success.

Posted May 13, 2010

Matanzas High School 3

Posted April 15, 2010
Matanzas is an alright school. The regular teachers don't care about their jobs or their students, and often straight up refuse to use the technology given to them. However, the AP and Honors teachers seem to take their jobs seriously, and there aren't a lot of gangs here.

Matanzas High School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
I am a freshman here at matanzas. Let me tell you, Matanzas highschool is an amazing school. The teachers here are very nice, The administration are very helpfull, and there are alot of fun classes. My personal reccomendation for any incoming freshman is to take autocad/drafting with Mr. Ressler. It's a tough class, but in the end, it really pays off. Its a very fun class, and for those of you who like construction, he also has a construction class.

Posted October 20, 2009

Matanzas High School
3535 Old Kings Road North, Palm Coast, FL  32137
Last modified Matanzas High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Matanzas High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top