Belle Terre Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 1310 students

Posted February 1, 2014

I had a really good experience at BTES. My kids were sad to leave when we had to move and my daughter hasn't quite perked up at her new school and keeps saying her teacher isn't as nice as her BTES kindergarten teacher. My son is in second grade and has adjusted much better. The biggest differences I see in the two schools is the presence of admin. At BTES, the principal and vices are everywhere, in the car rider line, at the events...everywhere. I never had to email them, because they were always around. New school...I don't even know what they look like. BTES is a fine school, and really one of the best in Flagler.

Posted October 25, 2013

This school is mismanaged, poorly run, and has a major bullying problem. You should not trust the star ratings on schools on this web site. It is clear by reading the 5 star reviews below this review, that they are written by the publicist at the school with the sole intention of raising the school's ratings. Did you notice that the 5 star comments state how many years the student was attending the school? Notice the exclamation marks in the first sentence? See the references to student grade levels? They were all written by the same administrator at the school... not a happy parent.

Posted October 24, 2013

Belle Terre is awesome! this is the 4th year. My daughter is in 4th grader and in special need education class. All IEP teachers has been so wonderful to my daughter also to other special needs students!!!! all of staff and front office lady are great!!

Posted August 20, 2013

I LOVE BTES! We are starting our 3rd year at this school. I have a 5th, 3rd and 1st grader there. All of my kids teachers have been so wonderful and helpful and have challenged them to their best. I wouldn't want them in any other school in Flagler County.

Posted April 12, 2013

My son started Kindergarten at Belle Terre and has also been in first grade here. This school is amazing. My son has enjoyed going to school everyday. I have had great communication with his teachers both years. I do believe you get out what you put in I have been an active volunteer in the school classroom. I'm sure this helps because I have built a relationship with both of his teachers. I am sad to say we are moving to a different county at then end of the year. I am sad to leave this school and can only hope his next on is as great.

Posted November 28, 2012

I could not agree more with some of these reviews. I am going through a similar situation right now with a very abresive teacher. My child comes home often very sad and says her teacher is mean and yells. I have seen evidence of this myself and finally brought it up to the administration. Did not feel like they really cared all that much about what my child is having to endure and the damage that is being done to our child while she continues to be exposed to this teacher. In fact the administration went as far as trying to turn the tables around on my child because I took the initiative to report the teacher's behavior. Luckily I have some friends at the School Board who I will be able to escalate the situation to, if there are no improvements. So far, i am not impressed with the administration, they seem lackluster and defensive and instead of persuing a valid complained, they have opted to wait the situation out while further damage is done. You shouldn't have to transfer your child to a different school, the administrators should be able to peacefully resolve the conflict!

Posted November 27, 2012

Do not know what all the fuss is about, this school is atrocious. My kid's teacher is rude, aggressive and mean but the administration just continues to let her get away with it, even after several parents have complained. My child constantly comes home with bruises from PE class and the administration dismisses it as if it's just fine. You'll have to email the principal several times to get a response, if you are lucky enough to get one at all! No wonder Charter Schools are on the rise in Flagler county. Don't send your kids here, I will be transferring mine to a Charter School at the end of the School Year.

Posted October 4, 2012

Shortly after moving to Palm Coast, I reported bullying that was being done to my son. They pushed it to the back burner. Second time it happened I reported it again, and asked for a meeting with the principal. I emailed him personally and he ignored me. 3 weeks later when I finally got to see him, he stated that he was a very busy personal running a large school with 150+ employees and that's why he ignored my email and it took so long to get to see him. Then he had the nerve to tell me that 'boys will be boys' and my son may not be 'so innocent'. Nothing was ever done. My son hates school now, and he continues to be bullied at BTES. I have taken this to the superintendents office, and been met with the same stonewalling and indifference.

Posted April 20, 2012

It comes down to both the teacher and the school. My son is in Kindergarten and I feel very fortunate for the teacher we have. At the very beginning of the year he was placed in class with a teacher who seemed very abrasive. As the school adjusted to new class size restrictions, he was moved to a new class with a new teacher. We ve been very impressed with her! The teaching schedule they must follow to prepare students for first grade is very aggressive and requires much homework and self-study, but Ms. Raleigh does an excellent job of providing the necessary foundation for accomplishing this. The school does provide encouragement for good behavior by using events such as a skating party for students without referrals, and takes bullying and anti-bullying measures seriously. We did have an incident earlier this year that, when brought to the attention of the teacher and admin, was immediately addressed in a suitable manner. Communication on school events needs improvement, and parent involvement with the PTA is abysmal. But personally, I m very satisfied overall this year. Though really, as with any school, who knows what next year could bring?

Posted September 2, 2011

Belle Terre Elementry I had the hardest time tring to in roll my son. They seem to be rude and dont care for there job its just another day . I was not impressed with there office workers. My son is in the 3rd Grade and the teacher seems to busy to stay on top of the student checking there work making sure they are doing the right thing. What I dont understand there is only 15 to 18 students in there class they should beable to work with them more. Very frustrating

Posted January 3, 2011

Terrible school...I pulled my son from Belle Terre, It took alot of time in the morning for me to convince him to go, he hated it...nothing but problems from teachers, to injuries, to bullying..I would never recommend this school to anyone! They rush your child with everything from learning to lunch...my son was way behind with his reading and writing because of Belle Terre, I really had to work with him alot at home just to get him where he needed to be..when they have PE outside there are approximately 30-40 kids and one teacher to watch them all. My child was contantly getting hurt and bullied on the PE field..and I was not even notified from the school nurse when he was hurt and he is only 6 yrs old..Alot of injuries happening at this school during PE..At this school your child is just a number and they get lost in the crowd when it comes to learning they do not take any one on one time with your child at all..I moved my son to Imagine School and it has been the best move ever..He is learning more and his personality has changed to a positive motivated child who loves going to school now, I could not be happier. Best thing I ever did was pull my son from Belle Terre!

Posted August 26, 2010

We took our child out from Belle Terre 2008 because of 1 3rd grade teacher who was not seeing eye to eye with her style f teaching habits. We kept being ignored and my son who's an A student kep being pused to the side. I then transferred him out from BT to the Imagine School which was great for the 3rd grade only. I did not want to take him out of Belle Terre but the suoer intendent and principle chose to ignore the matter. As i know it's an A school @ BT i cried for days questioning my decisions. I realized it was not me because a yr later parents had the same concerns and kids were being transfered out from Bt. to know now the entire administration staff were changed for the best and i now transferred my son back to BT and so far so good.

Posted August 19, 2010

I came to this school when it opened in 2005. I was in second grade. The teachers are not compassionate. The counselor says he'll keep in touch. But doesn't. Whatever. I'm glad I'm going to ITMS.

Posted December 8, 2009

I Have Twin in BTES and absolutely love this school. We came from St. Johns county and this is soooo mcuh better,

Posted September 21, 2009

I love Belle Terre because they are helping my son be and feel successful. Understanding his needs and helping him deal with his [learning] disabilities. It takes very compassionate, dedicated and understanding teachers and school staff to not only education our children but to help make them feel worthy, respected and successful as well. Unfortunately, not all schools are able to be successful at this.

Posted December 10, 2008

My daughter has been attending Belle Terre for three years and we love it! There is no area that is lacking. If you are trying to find a good school this is the one.

Posted August 11, 2008

My daughter attended another school in this county and I can tell you by comparison, this is a great school. The principal is wonderful and the staff is great as well. I am happy through and through and even made it a point to remain in this school district when I moved so that both of my kids could continue at this school.

Posted June 23, 2008

E..xcellent school Mr. Maxcy really cares about the children..Mrs McAnany is awesome for Kindergarten and Mrs. Johnson is excellent for first grade..Keep up th great work!!

Posted March 27, 2008

I think Belle-Terre is an excellent school. My daughter attends this school and her teacher is excellent. He is very attentive to his students and the school overall is geared to the education of their students. I think this school is the best elementary school there is. I only wish they had after school activities for the students.

Posted September 17, 2007

This is very good school and we are always informed as to what is going on.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

179 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

180 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

166 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

167 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

165 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

211 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

212 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

212 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

207 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

206 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

191 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 66% in 2014.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 68% in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 65% in 2014.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5545 Belle Terre Parkway