Belle Terre Elementary School 4

Posted February 01, 2014
I had a really good experience at BTES. My kids were sad to leave when we had to move and my daughter hasn't quite perked up at her new school and keeps saying her teacher isn't as nice as her BTES kindergarten teacher. My son is in second grade and has adjusted much better. The biggest differences I see in the two schools is the presence of admin. At BTES, the principal and vices are everywhere, in the car rider line, at the events...everywhere. I never had to email them, because they were always around. New school...I don't even know what they look like. BTES is a fine school, and really one of the best in Flagler.

Posted October 25, 2013
This school is mismanaged, poorly run, and has a major bullying problem. You should not trust the star ratings on schools on this web site. It is clear by reading the 5 star reviews below this review, that they are written by the publicist at the school with the sole intention of raising the school's ratings. Did you notice that the 5 star comments state how many years the student was attending the school? Notice the exclamation marks in the first sentence? See the references to student grade levels? They were all written by the same administrator at the school... not a happy parent.

Posted October 24, 2013
Belle Terre is awesome! this is the 4th year. My daughter is in 4th grader and in special need education class. All IEP teachers has been so wonderful to my daughter also to other special needs students!!!! all of staff and front office lady are great!!

Posted August 20, 2013
I LOVE BTES! We are starting our 3rd year at this school. I have a 5th, 3rd and 1st grader there. All of my kids teachers have been so wonderful and helpful and have challenged them to their best. I wouldn't want them in any other school in Flagler County.

Posted April 12, 2013
My son started Kindergarten at Belle Terre and has also been in first grade here. This school is amazing. My son has enjoyed going to school everyday. I have had great communication with his teachers both years. I do believe you get out what you put in I have been an active volunteer in the school classroom. I'm sure this helps because I have built a relationship with both of his teachers. I am sad to say we are moving to a different county at then end of the year. I am sad to leave this school and can only hope his next on is as great.

Posted November 28, 2012
I could not agree more with some of these reviews. I am going through a similar situation right now with a very abresive teacher. My child comes home often very sad and says her teacher is mean and yells. I have seen evidence of this myself and finally brought it up to the administration. Did not feel like they really cared all that much about what my child is having to endure and the damage that is being done to our child while she continues to be exposed to this teacher. In fact the administration went as far as trying to turn the tables around on my child because I took the initiative to report the teacher's behavior. Luckily I have some friends at the School Board who I will be able to escalate the situation to, if there are no improvements. So far, i am not impressed with the administration, they seem lackluster and defensive and instead of persuing a valid complained, they have opted to wait the situation out while further damage is done. You shouldn't have to transfer your child to a different school, the administrators should be able to peacefully resolve the conflict!

Posted November 27, 2012
Do not know what all the fuss is about, this school is atrocious. My kid's teacher is rude, aggressive and mean but the administration just continues to let her get away with it, even after several parents have complained. My child constantly comes home with bruises from PE class and the administration dismisses it as if it's just fine. You'll have to email the principal several times to get a response, if you are lucky enough to get one at all! No wonder Charter Schools are on the rise in Flagler county. Don't send your kids here, I will be transferring mine to a Charter School at the end of the School Year.

Posted October 04, 2012
Shortly after moving to Palm Coast, I reported bullying that was being done to my son. They pushed it to the back burner. Second time it happened I reported it again, and asked for a meeting with the principal. I emailed him personally and he ignored me. 3 weeks later when I finally got to see him, he stated that he was a very busy personal running a large school with 150+ employees and that's why he ignored my email and it took so long to get to see him. Then he had the nerve to tell me that 'boys will be boys' and my son may not be 'so innocent'. Nothing was ever done. My son hates school now, and he continues to be bullied at BTES. I have taken this to the superintendents office, and been met with the same stonewalling and indifference.

Belle Terre Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2012
It comes down to both the teacher and the school. My son is in Kindergarten and I feel very fortunate for the teacher we have. At the very beginning of the year he was placed in class with a teacher who seemed very abrasive. As the school adjusted to new class size restrictions, he was moved to a new class with a new teacher. We ve been very impressed with her! The teaching schedule they must follow to prepare students for first grade is very aggressive and requires much homework and self-study, but Ms. Raleigh does an excellent job of providing the necessary foundation for accomplishing this. The school does provide encouragement for good behavior by using events such as a skating party for students without referrals, and takes bullying and anti-bullying measures seriously. We did have an incident earlier this year that, when brought to the attention of the teacher and admin, was immediately addressed in a suitable manner. Communication on school events needs improvement, and parent involvement with the PTA is abysmal. But personally, I m very satisfied overall this year. Though really, as with any school, who knows what next year could bring?

Posted September 02, 2011
Belle Terre Elementry I had the hardest time tring to in roll my son. They seem to be rude and dont care for there job its just another day . I was not impressed with there office workers. My son is in the 3rd Grade and the teacher seems to busy to stay on top of the student checking there work making sure they are doing the right thing. What I dont understand there is only 15 to 18 students in there class they should beable to work with them more. Very frustrating

Belle Terre Elementary School
5545 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast, FL  32137
Last modified Belle Terre Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Belle Terre Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top