Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 08, 2015
Family oriented, challenging, outstanding staff. I feel safe sending my children here. A great environment for learning.

Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School 1

Posted August 28, 2014
I would like to say that this school has so.e of the most rude staff I have ever met. The women at the front desk will sit inches from a person politely waiting for someone to talk to them and ignore there presence entirely and then once they do notice they will not make eye contact insteaed roll there eyes and act like it is terrible that you interrupted their conversation. Honestly it seems the majority of the staff are all this way. It is a very uncomfortable environment. Seems like a lot of political who knows who whispers and dirty looks. On the other hand the educational aspect is amazing . They have the ability to teach accelerated curriculum and that is wonderful. It is very sad to say that I dread going into the school for anything because of the rude staff and I want my children in a caring environment not a popularity contest so I may pull my kids and complain to the school board

Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School 4

Posted January 16, 2013
We placed our child in the school because we were looking for a classroom of similar educational abilities. The public school system places a child in a grade based on a birthday and not the child's learning level. We were impressed by the fact that Plato Academy tested each child - and placed them according - so the classroom was never bogged down by a slow learners. Many of the teacher are just beginning their career's and have a fresh outlook toward teaching. The principal makes every effort to improve the school but does not rely or look for parental input. It has been a better experience for our child than our neighborhood elementary school but we are not quite convinced that we will stay for middle school

Posted January 20, 2012
Great school. It's focused in on all the right areas and the students all seem engaged and happy to be there. My child's teachers are simply wonderful and I feel like they do very well instilling a solid base of character values. The clubs are varied and interesting and there's a sense of enthusiam about the school. Only downside for me is the principal--she comes off as very cold and aloof. Maybe she was just having a bad day on our meeting, but she stares through you in the halls. Not a bad teacher yet, though, and the desk staff (Dorris in particular) is friendly and helpful.

Posted November 16, 2011
We were intrigued by the idea of sending our children to a starter school but were pretty happy with where they were (Safety Harbor Elementary School). I looked into it and was informed a short time later there was an opening for my son who was in 5th grade. It ended up being one of the best moves we made. There was a period of adjustment but in a good way. Each student has a laptop assigned to them and the classes are smaller so they get a lot of attention from the teachers. They are also held responsible for daily and weekly assignments and have to learn to stay organized quickly. Once my son got the hang of it, I saw what I already thought was a good student blossom even more. I also wondered how he would take to learning Greek since it was completely new to him... He loves it! He finds examples all the time now of words that take their root in Greek origins and seems to have a lot of fun with it. He is also excited because we have an opportunity to travel with his class to Greece during the next summer vacation. The bottom line is I highly recommend this school and cannot wait until my daughter gets to attend next year.

Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School 1

Posted November 01, 2011
Last I checked, this is a forum to rate schools -- NOT the reviewer of said school. If a parent and their child is pleased with Plato, wonderful! However, as previously stated, Plato did NOT fit our family. Please, keep your thoughts and negative words about MY family to yourself (post from Oct. 31), thank you.

Posted March 15, 2011
Great school. Family friendly, kids love it. Great communication with teachers. My kids motivation for reading, writing and academic staff grew up. I feel great coming there.

Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School
1601 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor, FL  34683
Last modified Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plato Academy Palm Harbor Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top