1,376 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Exactly as the other reviews have stated. The teachers here are the type that give public schools a bad name. They don't care and won't communicate. The administration is just as unhelpful. Bullying and theft are not even punished. We moved to Palm Harbor because we thought this was a good school district. However, we've found this school's rating is a product of the area it's based, not because the school itself is any good. In fact we've lived in three different states now and across several school districts I can say that this is easily the worst we've had to deal with by almost every measure.

My biggest problem with this school was the teachers, they are just going through the motions, they don't want to be there, don't care about the students. It's just sad. My son hated there, luckily we were able to get out for 8 th grade.

Teachers refuse to keep in contact, administration denies requests to resolve issues, and students whom choose to hurt & bully others are not counseled. Zero investment is made in inspiring and cultivating our children's talents & gifts. This school has zero leadership. The staff are unprofessional, rude, and lazy. Do your child a favor & send him/her elsewhere. This school is a complete and utter NIGHTMARE.

This is probably a great school if your child is a self-motivated, above average learner and you love to let them walk to the bus and walk home at the end of the day...no involvement and no worries. However, if your child has any special needs, gets bullied or has an IEP, this school is a nightmare. They simply wont deal with you or the situation. Also, traffic, parking, drop-off and pick-up are the worst I have ever seen.

This is my son's third year at Palm Harbor Middle and every year it gets worse. The principal is rarely on premises and when she is she refuses to attend meetings or return phone calls even when my son was attacked by other students! In the three years my son has been attending this school she has never once returned a phone call or shown up to a meeting even when she was scheduled to attend! I am absolutely appalled at the lack of leadership and common decency this woman shows. The few teachers here who actually care, are few and far between but there are some. The main office staff is absolutely rude beyond belief. We are currently looking for a new school. I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend this school to anyone who cares even the tiniest bit about their child's education.

My son likes it there. He has made new friends. There was a bullying situation but the 7th grade assistant principal handled it right away. My son is no longer bothered by the kid. Office staff is friendly. Teachers seem receptive and willing to help. I like that they provide after school tutoring for kids who are struggling.

Staff are rude, teachers don't care, behavior is out of control. This school has no leadership whats-so-ever.

The staff is very rude and the teachers are arrogant. I guess this use to be a good school but I don't see signs of it now. They are to arrogant to allow parent involvement. Watch out for health class they show a diagrams of a penis and a vergina in a mixed class. No notification given to parents so we can decide to opt out.

This school is terrible. The kids hurt and make fun of one another and the teachers do not care.

My son has been very happy at this school. He has asperger's and tourette syndrome and is treated very well by all the teachers and students. He feels loved and accepted by all! He even had kids from this school ask to come to his birthday party. The teachers all tell me he's a wonderful boy. They have wonderful programs for kids with Autism and kids with Aspergers. They are separate and offer appropriate classes and help for each group. I love all the teachers and most all have experience with special needs kids. I am blessed to have him in this school.

Last modified Palm Harbor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.