754 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Amazing, dedicated teachers that really care about the kids

We have 5 at the school and simply love it.

If you are not a very active member of the PTA or generous donor ....your child will not get placed in the STEM program (which cwe claims is a lottery, it's not! ). Additionally, it's the students of these PTA parents that get chosen for all the pictures in the yearbooks, all the best SEM groups, and the best spots in the Enterprise Village field trip. This school needs to mix it up. Why continue to group all these kids together year after year??? Lots of bullying at this school without follow through by teachers or administration. And...the young teachers are too busy posting selfies and concentrating on their planned workouts to email parents. This school needs a major make over. Its parent Oriented , not student oriented. Don't waste your time , move on.

What an amazing experience both my sons had at this school. From Kindy, there was nothing but excellence all the way. In a couple weeks, my youngest son will be promoted to middle school and I have had a stellar experience with all teachers and staff at CWE. My family was blessed to have the personal connection of a private school education at a public school price at CW ! Thank you, thank you, thank you to great teachers, wonderful staff, and the best PTA for working together to provide a great educational foundation for my sons. As an involved mom, it was a great 7 years. We will miss you CWE but will always be Eagles!

This is a great school! They have good parental involvement and support, which translates to having resources that other area schools don't provide. It's a nice, safe neighborhood and is a good learning environment.

To reiterate about the last comment. We had a Great principal last year for 3 years or so and she was so great that the school board moved her to some troubled schools. Also, we have the most parent participation of all Pinellas Co!!!!! Low income families? I'm not sure where you are talking about because it cost a lot even just to rent around here...just because of how great the schools are :)

We had a great year at Cypress after moving here from up north--great teachers, nice parens. Then we experienced a disorganized, biased, down right mean teacher who has since left Cypress. Another teacher had complete inability to control the class. Two Principals in two years, not a good sign. There are many stellar educators here, but there are a group of bad apples. Be careful. Also, the school draws from a low income area, so some of the families did not share our values/language/behavior guidelines. Both my children were bullied. We ultimately switched schools.

The majority of the educators at Cypress are committed, loving and nurturing of their students. My kids have thrived at Cypress Woods but I am also heavily involved in their education and know that it is important to be involved and be an advocate for your child. The Florida education budget means that our teachers have too many kids in a classroom and are underfunded. It's up to parents to bridge the gap... be involved and support your school, your kid's will only benefit. Thank you CWE community!

I would have to agree with the post that was submitted on June 9th. This school is very tight knit. My son began kindergarten here and is now going into second grade; both years he had less than stellar teachers, to put it nicely. Neither of them communicated lessons or classroom assignments very well. I would get messages such as... "oops, sorry i forgot to send out the homework, you can send me a note if you want your child to do it".... what? Also, my son was kept on the same reading level for months until I wrote the teacher a message asking if she had noticed an improvement,(we read had been reading nightly together and he was doing great) she then moved him up 4 levels. I am looking for a new school!

CWE is a warm, safe place for a child to be inspired by lifelong learning. My children are consistently challenged by a higher than average expectation curriculum, have made dear friends, and all our teachers have been genuinely lovely. I appreciate each and every faculty member who makes this school such a great one. Added perks: weekly and sometimes daily communication from teachers to clarify lessons, provide feedback or simply fill us parents in on what they are learning; open invite to luncheon or visit with your child or class; ample volunteer opportunities for the Alpha Moms AND the ones who just want to pitch in without too much notice, grin. Love this school, more importantly--my kids do!

Last modified Cypress Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.