Palm Harbor, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 11, 2014
What an amazing experience both my sons had at this school. From Kindy, there was nothing but excellence all the way. In a couple weeks, my youngest son will be promoted to middle school and I have had a stellar experience with all teachers and staff at CWE. My family was blessed to have the personal connection of a private school education at a public school price at CW ! Thank you, thank you, thank you to great teachers, wonderful staff, and the best PTA for working together to provide a great educational foundation for my sons. As an involved mom, it was a great 7 years. We will miss you CWE but will always be Eagles!

Posted March 20, 2014
This is a great school! They have good parental involvement and support, which translates to having resources that other area schools don't provide. It's a nice, safe neighborhood and is a good learning environment.

Posted February 24, 2014
To reiterate about the last comment. We had a Great principal last year for 3 years or so and she was so great that the school board moved her to some troubled schools. Also, we have the most parent participation of all Pinellas Co!!!!! Low income families? I'm not sure where you are talking about because it cost a lot even just to rent around here...just because of how great the schools are :)

Cypress Woods Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2014
We had a great year at Cypress after moving here from up north--great teachers, nice parens. Then we experienced a disorganized, biased, down right mean teacher who has since left Cypress. Another teacher had complete inability to control the class. Two Principals in two years, not a good sign. There are many stellar educators here, but there are a group of bad apples. Be careful. Also, the school draws from a low income area, so some of the families did not share our values/language/behavior guidelines. Both my children were bullied. We ultimately switched schools.

Posted August 15, 2013
The majority of the educators at Cypress are committed, loving and nurturing of their students. My kids have thrived at Cypress Woods but I am also heavily involved in their education and know that it is important to be involved and be an advocate for your child. The Florida education budget means that our teachers have too many kids in a classroom and are underfunded. It's up to parents to bridge the gap... be involved and support your school, your kid's will only benefit. Thank you CWE community!

Cypress Woods Elementary School 2

Posted July 15, 2013
I would have to agree with the post that was submitted on June 9th. This school is very tight knit. My son began kindergarten here and is now going into second grade; both years he had less than stellar teachers, to put it nicely. Neither of them communicated lessons or classroom assignments very well. I would get messages such as... "oops, sorry i forgot to send out the homework, you can send me a note if you want your child to do it".... what? Also, my son was kept on the same reading level for months until I wrote the teacher a message asking if she had noticed an improvement,(we read had been reading nightly together and he was doing great) she then moved him up 4 levels. I am looking for a new school!

Posted July 01, 2013
CWE is a warm, safe place for a child to be inspired by lifelong learning. My children are consistently challenged by a higher than average expectation curriculum, have made dear friends, and all our teachers have been genuinely lovely. I appreciate each and every faculty member who makes this school such a great one. Added perks: weekly and sometimes daily communication from teachers to clarify lessons, provide feedback or simply fill us parents in on what they are learning; open invite to luncheon or visit with your child or class; ample volunteer opportunities for the Alpha Moms AND the ones who just want to pitch in without too much notice, grin. Love this school, more importantly--my kids do!

Cypress Woods Elementary School 1

Posted June 09, 2013
The previous post hit the nail, this school IS tight knit group. But, if blind conformity isn't your thing you're an outcast, no acceptance for parents/students who question ANYTHING! It amazes me how much condescension & degradation are accepted (and prevail) here. In my 25+ years with educators, I've never seen teacher's care more about the authority they have over these young & impressionable minds. My honor roll/principal's list students came home crying at least once a week because they were either bullied by a student (and it was ignored) or by a teacher. The principal & asst principal are wonderful (as is the PTA), but the fact that the principal left this "A" rated school after just 3 years to teach a struggling school says it all! Communication from our teachers was terrible. Questions were met with condescension & snarky remarks. Our experience taught us to beware of rocking this boat, as retribution came in many forms from many directions. We couldn't get away from this school fast enough. Unfortunately, it won t erase the experience my children had here. Of 2 bus stops (15 children), all but 1 parent shared this view - 8 of these kids are now moving to diff schools.

Posted December 07, 2012
The best teachers and school ever. I am so glad my son is attending at CWE.

Posted October 07, 2012
I read the previous couple of reviews and honestly couldnt believe what I saw. I have been a parent here for the last 7 years. I have volunteered in the school, in the classrooms, the media center, the lunchroom, etc. I have met and know 98% of all staff, and can honestly say I have not seen anything of the nature from the previous negative posts. Our principal is firm but loving. The kids adore her, and for the 11th year in a row our school is an A rated school, and we also are a 5 star school which is very hard to achieve. This is all under her direction. One of our teachers was named semi-finalist for teacher of the year last year. Our school is very tight knit. Teachers, admin, and PTA work very hard to have great programs, great fun, and above all a great educational experience for all the students. I implore anyone who has read these reviews to consider contacting the school or the pta for the real truth as to what truly takes place in our school, and to also consider participating in an after school function which always includes administration, teachers, and parents. I have had the opportunity to move and refuse to do so just so my kids can stay here at this great school

Cypress Woods Elementary School
4900 Cypress Woods Boulevard, Palm Harbor, FL  34685
Last modified Cypress Woods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cypress Woods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 108 reviews. Top