Sutherland Elementary School 2

Posted October 22, 2014
This school is wonder but WATCH OUT!! Kindergarten is difficult for both the parent and child. My son was assigned to a teacher who had the reputation of being one of the best because she was creative. She was creative but in my personal option she was completely rude, offensive and unprofessional. My son attended preschool prior to attending Sutherland so he was bored in kindergarten. He didn t want to complete the work because he said he already knew the information. She said to me he looks at me as if he is ON DRUGS . YES SHE SAID THAT. I called and spoke to Mr. Berry he couldn t believe what was said. I even spoke to her the next day. She said maybe that was a poor choice of words but followed that comment with, but what would you call this face. It took all I had not to SCREAM at her in front of her class. I said you call that spacing out, uninterested anything but what you don t say is he looks at me as if he is ON DRUGS!! If your child has any issues understand that she will talk about your child with the classroom mom.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 10, 2014
We moved from Minnesota almost two years ago and everyone we talked to said we had to send our kids to Sutherland Elementary in Palm Harbor. We were new to Florida and the area and the front desk was so helpful getting us situated into a new school. Our girls were young and a little nervous and all the staff and their teachers were so good about making sure they were welcomed. Now after two years, our girls just love Sutherland. From the staff, teachers and the PTA, it is an excellent school. We look forward to another school year and hope that Sutherland can win the Great Schools prize so they can continue to strive for excellence for all kids.

Posted February 24, 2014
Amazing school with fabulous teachers. My son looks forward to going to school daily and does not like when their is no school. Sutherland offers a safe, secure and fun learning environment for our children. Sutherland is a public school with a private school setting as it is not over populated. The school operates on high standards, good morals and ethics. They encourage good behavior, respect for others and strong values. We are very pleased with Sutherland Elementary. Thank you!!! Steven and Tracy Pratt

Posted August 31, 2013
This is the WORST principal that I have ever encountered. Her level of professionalism is disgusting. After reading the other reviews, it seems like the new principal, Mrs. Kristi Cantu, has really taken Sutherland Elementary School from a great place to an extremely unprofessional & unorganized place. I think they have some good teachers, however, I haven't met many of them. Hopefully, they will keep this school decent, because the admistrators are horrible! My children will not be attending this school, once the year ends. If you are looking for an incompetent Principal, and support staff of "employees-aides/secretaries/extra helpers", this is your school. Hopefully the other Palm Harbor Elementary Schools will be better. If not, we will be hitting the lottery for a charter/fundamental school. It's too bad, because I was really excited to attend this school from what I read about it online. Once we got there, I was in disbelief that they were as rude, unprofessional and unorganized as they were. If you have a choice, don't send your child/children to Sutherland Elementary School in Palm Harbor. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 23, 2012
I have two daughters that have gone to Sutherland for the last three years and my experience there was horrible. As a single father with primary custody my legal rights were violated on a regular basis. I was treated rudely and with disrespect constantly. The office staff including the Principle had such a callous disregard for the rights of a father that they regularly released my daughter to my ex-wife without notifying me when the court orders on file and my instructions as the parent of record with decision making authority specifically stated that they should not. My youngest daughter s 2nd and 3rd grade teachers were abusive to her and made her life miserable. As an example, the teacher took a show and tell object from my daughter claiming she had stolen it from another student calling her a thief. I had just unwrapped this item that morning and placed it in her bag. The teacher gave my daughter s item to the other student and refused to return it. Go somewhere else if you can, especially if you are a single father.

Posted April 15, 2009

Sutherland Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
This is our 3rd year at Sutherland and absolutely love it. From Mrs. Cromwell to the teachers to the volunteers and PTA. I am excited to have my other child start Sutherland in 2 yrs. We have heard so many nightmares of other schools and so far Mrs. Cromwell and the rest of the staff always make me feel happy to be there. Thank you!

Posted November 08, 2007

Posted October 04, 2007
My daughter has been attending Sutherland since kindergarten. She is now in 3rd grade. She is excelling with all of her studies. I think that Ms. Cromwell is doing a fine job. She is always smiling. I can not imagine how hard it must be to be 'in charge' of some many teachers and children. I think that the people that are making negative comments about her should think about how hard it must be to do her job My daughter loves Sutherland, all of her previous and current teachers and Ms. Crommwel.

Sutherland Elementary School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
I have a child in 5th grade at this school and have seen a steady decline in the last 2 years. Communication is really lacking. The Principal has been there 2 years now and still has no clue who I am or my child's name. It use to be so warm and welcoming there, now...eveyone seems very cold and unhappy. I am glad this is my last year, how very sad for it to end this way.

Sutherland Elementary School
3150 North Belcher Road, Palm Harbor, FL  34683
Last modified Sutherland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sutherland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top