590 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 31, 2016
The teachers and the staff of the school are very passionate about their love for teaching and the wellness of every child that walks through their doors. I wouldn't want my child to be at any other school. The teachers always go above and beyond. The office staff is friendly and knowledgeable for any questions or concerns I may have. Everyone is so friendly and the PTA is highly involved. The amount of family activities the school hosts is exciting as well! Love this school!

Lake St. George Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2016
I have had excellent response time and information provided in order to enroll my son at this school. The staff went above and beyond. If the teachers are as helpful and nice as the office staff, we definitely will have a good experience at this school.

Posted November 12, 2014
In regards to the previous posts, I have been extremely involved with this school for the last 3 years. PTA is extremely involved, and encourages all parents to have a part, no matter how big or small, everything matters and counts. I do NOT agree with the lack of school security, these teachers are always with their students and anytime a child needs to go to the office, they send two classmates to walk them up and they have a partner to walk back with. Im sad to hear that some parents have had a bad experience with the office staff, it is very few far and between, very rare that this happens. They never let anybody just walk through the office without signing in AND show their ID, yes may be an inconvenience if you forgot it, but it is for the safety of each of the students. Yes the car line is long, but of you either come early or arrive around 2:50pm it is much easier. They do their best and is more organized than most schools. I reassuring seeing so many parent/family members taking the time to come safely pick up their child from school instead of walking home by themselves. These are small issues compared to all of the love, education, and encouragement given to each child.

Lake St. George Elementary School 4

Posted September 08, 2014
Coming from California ..the Florida "system" really ticks me off! BUT I have to say..this school isn't horrible. My daughter cried the first month we were here because she missed recess (CA has 3 during the day). have been irritated more at the whole system and not at this school..they are only doing their jobs. Both years now my daughter has liked her teachers. I have also been satisfied with her teachers. Both teachers have stated they hate homework :) Good..because so do i!! My daughter has 30 mins a night of reading and I was told any classwork not finished will come home but there is enough time in class ..I should hardly see any work come home. I think it's great that everyone gets free breakfast..but once again the "system" is failing the kids.. my daughter eat Poptarts every morning until I found out! The worse part about this school is the car circle pick up line..HOLY COW!! BUT..as the school year goes on..it gets better and better..everyone falls into a routine and things improve. With all honesty I see the car line HOT MESS at a lot of others schools too..not use to that!! Overall I'm pretty satisfied with LSG and it's staff. PTA is very active!

Posted August 27, 2014
I have both my boys in this school since last year so far we love the school and teachers.everyone is so kind and welcoming.they can do a little better on breakfast choices for the kids. i been to other schools that provide better breakfast menu, more wholesome breakfast not always poptarts and toast but like they do here.other than that A+

Posted August 25, 2014
I don't want my kids at this school. I went to register my kindergartener and the lady yelled at me because I didn't have the right stuff. I tried asking questions to see if i could get the right stuff and not mess up and she stared at me and started talking really slow and rowling eyes at me. I was so embarrassed in front of my children. My daughter says the lady was mean to her in the office this week and she is scared to go in there. My kindergartner is now afraid of new school. Other parents said that they have the same problem but that all of the office has been there long time and think they can talk how they want. It is not right!!!!!!!

Posted July 01, 2014
Great school and amazing teachers! Wonderful extremely involved PTA!!!! I have 3 kids and they all loved every teacher they got here. We've never had an issue. A+++++

Posted March 05, 2014
The office staff at this school is very rude. If they don't like you they will try and make everything difficult. They don't want to help if you are from another country and will make you feel like you should find a different school. It's clear that this school operates like an elitist clique and if you're unlucky enough to not be accepted then you and your children will be made uncomfortable. I have liked most of the teachers, but some are more interested in being the "cool" teacher instead of furthering their student's education. Security at this school is as lax as previous commenters noted, especially in regards to lunch and dismissal. If we could afford to sell our home I would move out of this district. I wish the county would give this school an overhaul.

Posted February 24, 2014
Lake St. George Elememtry needs a peridime shift and real quick! Never have I seen a student come home with so much homework, are the teachers teaching anymore? My own sister who has been teaching for 30+ years is in disgust of the amount homework my son brings home every single night! Teach the children!!

Posted February 19, 2014
Fantastic school for my grandson, who has Asperger's syndrome that is on the autism sprectrum. Since Ms Texel took over as principal, two and a half years ago. Training is done. Everyone communicates. Before she came to the school, it was terrible. Definitely highly recommended if your child or grandchild is on the autism sprectrum.

Lake St. George Elementary School
2855 County Road 95, Palm Harbor, FL  34684
Last modified Lake St. George Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.