Highland Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2015
First of all, I have a son that is in VPK and I do love the program. He loves going, has fun and learns a lot. My other son is in 2nd grade and it has been a struggle. I have never seen my child so stressed out. He has been bullied by other students and his teacher but he is the one constantly in trouble. He is on the 504 plan but the teachers never follow through with it. My children are not going to return to this school next year. Also, the front staff is rude and/or flakey. If I ever have to pick my child up early it takes 40 min for them to find them and get them to me. This has happened 4 times now. It has been a horrible school year and a huge disappointed.

Posted July 12, 2013
This school is amazing!!!!! The teachers are very friendly and the office staff is very helpful as well. I am going to miss this school so much.

Highland Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2010
This school only tries to push test scores on the children. The teachers are poor quality and have no communication skills. There does not seem to be any desire to teach the children only a demand to pass the state standards tests. It is a sorry thing to see and it will only hurt the future of our children. I have watched my children's self esteem drop and when reaching out to administration nothing happens. It is an overall negative environment.

Posted October 20, 2010
Highland Lakes Elementary is an incredible school. It is a solid foundation in a wonderful community. The new administrator is a huge asset to the school. She is extremely knowledgeable, hands on, positive and helpful. She has a genuine concern and caring for all staff, the families and students. The front office staff and teachers are so helpful and friendly. You can tell they enjoy their jobs! There is so much the school offers. They have it all. The PTA and volunteers go the extra mile on a daily basis. Can t say enough about this school.

Posted September 24, 2010

Highland Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted July 20, 2010
This used to be a great school but no longer... due to new administration that does not seem interested in parent input or involvement, this past year was a big disappointment for many! The principal came across as unfriendly and all the front offices changes made for a sterile and unwelcoming environment. We bought our house to be in HLE's home-school zone and are extremely disappointed.

Posted September 19, 2006
I love this school- The education level of the teachers is incredible. The office staff is amazing, the principal is always involved, always looking for new ways to improve. Everyone is understanding. This school is incredibly safe, very strict on safety policies. Programs are very challenging. They have PE every day. This is much needed in our world today, there are too many unactive kids gaining weight. Everything is wonderful!

Posted September 18, 2006
As the parent of a Kindergarten student I couldn't be more pleased. My daughter's teacher, Mrs. Leach, is a dream come true. She seems aware of each child's strengths, weaknesses, and needs, and is very warm and thorough in the education of her students. My daughter is progressing by leaps and bounds; each day she can read a little better than the day before and her math skills and social and physical skills are obviously improving as well. I am impressed by the school-wide support of the youngest students. The '54 Club' program is quite motivating, and I appreciate the involvement of Administration in commending these students for their achievement. The PTA appears to be a big part of life at Highland Lakes Elementary and they are well organized and very welcoming to new families. Again, I couldn't be more pleased with our experience at HLE to date.

Posted January 30, 2004
My daughter is 7 and in 2nd grade at HL. She loves it and has excelled quite well. Her teacher is involved with the kids and communicates well with me as a parent. The teacher is sensitive to the differeces of each child regarding their lives outside of school.

Highland Lakes Elementary School
1230 Highlands Boulevard, Palm Harbor, FL  34684
Last modified Highland Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Lakes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top