Palm Harbor, FL
Before care: Yes

New Horizons Country Day School 1

Posted May 09, 2014
My son has attended this school since he was 2 years old...the teachers are very dedicated and provide a family like environment. However, the Director/Owner should not be operating a school like this..she has absolutely NO people skills. My son is now 9 yrs old and is in 3rd grade at this school, but his father and I are no longer together and do not communicate. My son lives with his dad. At the 'Muffins with Mom' event today, I was told that the Dad had priority to attend the event, the director said she asked the child which parent he preferred attend the event!! This is a MOM's Day event!! My son has special needs..it's incredible that I have been kept from seeing my son this weekend because of this person. I would NOT recommend keeping your child at this school for elementary grade level classes. The preschool however has an awesome director and it's very well run. The Director/Owner is extremely rude towards others and this sets a very bad example for the children who are often present.

New Horizons Country Day School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
NHCDS is a solid early education oasis. The classes are small, the teachers are passionate and committed. This allows for a model of individualized attention to students. The curriculum is vibrant and creative. Something we like that may be easy to overlook is that the school understands the importance of outside time and they have a fitness instructor. The elementary model has a pretty good amount of ongoing homework and requires parent-involvement and discipline (and this is as it should be!). The one shortcoming seen is that although parents provide the meals, the school-provided snacks could use an upgrade. They give nutritionally-empty, high-salt, processed carbs such as pretzels, goldfish, chex mix. Growing bodies and minds are better suited to more responsible choices, especially when food habits are developing. Since the school is so "smart" in other ways, we suspect this is a cost-saving/time-saving decision at the expense of better options. Otherwise, we give the school high marks and pleased with our decision to send our son here in this critically-important time of life. He loves the school experience and the teachers and that makes all the difference.

Posted April 29, 2014
We are very pleased with the level of partnership between teachers, administrators, and families at this school. Our son is thriving and his individual needs clearly matter. There is a mix of well-thought educational philosophies applied. As both a Master's level educator and a parent, I highly recommend New Horizons.

Posted April 09, 2014
My son is in 2nd grade at New Horizons County Day School. He has been there since Kindergarten. The teachers there have been kind, loving and firm. Because of this he his thriving and excelling in his education. The individual attention that he has received from the teachers and principle is very appreciated. The playground is huge, completely shaded, has a beautiful butterfly garden and even out outdoor classroom. I only wish I had know about this program for my other two children, they attended public and charter schools. If you are looking for the perfect environment for your son/daughter to receive their education, you have found it.

Posted April 08, 2014
NHCDS is a place with children laughing, learning and playing. Children have a chance to be children, happy and safe. We have a great group of Elementary students who welcome new enrolled students with smiles. NHCDS has a strong academic base with added features of music and the arts. Join us, visit us, sign up for Summer Camp or our programs for the fall of 2014!

Posted April 08, 2014
New Horizons is a special school with dedicated leadership, nice kids and involved parents. Thanks for all you do!

New Horizons Country Day School 1

Posted January 22, 2014
the principle is very rude, doesn't like to answer any questions or address any concerns. threaten to throw out my 2 year old if we "complain too much" . would not let us talk to the owner and basically told us that she is the boss and the owner only will take her side. I noticed her yelling at kids in the playground constantly. some of the teachers called her "dragon lady" I think the school is great, the owner needs to hire a principle who actually likes kids.

Posted August 07, 2013
I Think it is a great school, it has done wonders for my 3 Triplet Girls. The Teachers are great & caring. I could not have made a better decision to have my girls attend New Horizon's! I am sad they will be finishing up their last year there, wish it went all the way to grade 12!!! The director & Owner has taken pride and leadership in her work and has been a great Teacher as well as been a big influence in my girls life's and class school work. I am so pleased with the progress that my girls had made,my girls love going to school thanks to the wonderful staff that has worked with my kids. They have learned incredible things, where as if they were in public school they would not have the chance to learn hands. New qHorizon's has taken a great approach in teaching at different levels of learning where as public school does not,I could not ask for a better learning environment for our kids.. They deserve all the credit and recognition.

Posted August 07, 2013
New Horizons Country Day School has helped our children move from crying every day [as they did in public school] to coming home with big smiles saying they had a HAPPY day! The teachers are so very understanding and take the time to meet with you if you have any questions. They plan incredible field trips that the kids not only learn a lot from but really enjoy! The climate at the school and on the playground areas are so very child friendly. But most importantly, the staff really gets to know your child's strengths and weaknesses and understands various techniques to help them do their best. The school could improve only by expanding so that more children could attend such a marvelous environment! We can never thank them enough for the great learning environment they've provided for our children.

Posted February 22, 2013
My son has been attending New Horizons Country Day School for 3 years. He has shown rapid academic and social development well attending the school. The teachers care a great deal about all of their students and work diligently to help each child develop at their own pace. The school encourages creative thinking, promotes a strong work ethic and teaches respect towards all people. As parents, we could not be happier with our choice to send our son to NHCDS.

New Horizons Country Day School
2060 Nebraska Ave, Palm Harbor, FL  34683
Last modified New Horizons Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
New Horizons Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top