PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted May 24, 2016
my son began the in the toddler 1 class when he turned 1. He had never been away from mommy before and he adjust quickly. The staff expresses love and caring for him . He loves going to school and waves bye to me when I drop him off he has learned so much and is very independent

Posted March 29, 2016
The staff at PHMA is incredible. My son is 3 years old and putting him in a school was difficult for us. After the first week at PHMA we were certain we made the right decision. Our son has learned so much and is very happy there. The environment of the classroom and activities there is centered around respect, peace and love. We know this because we have seen it and experienced it. Thank you PHMA for all you do, our children are the future.

Posted January 14, 2016
When we realized our daughter's educational needs would likely not be met in the way we thought best for her in her current setting, we made the extremely difficult choice to move from a high quality, topnotch, loving traditional commercial "daycare" setting, where she had been since 4 months old, to PHMA. Our decision did not come easily or without tears - on all of our parts! Our daughter started at PHMA at 17 months and now, at almost 2 years of age, we’re really enjoying PHMA --- Ms. Yenny, Ms. Suba and Ms. Christine, as well as Ms. Alana, have each played a valuable role in her growth and development! She’s having a lot of fun while developing some amazing skills in areas of concentration/focus, following directions & respect for others’ work/things. We love that she clearly feels self-confident and comfortable at school! We feel blessed that her teachers are willing and able to meet her where she’s at developmentally, while also providing her with appropriate boundaries / structure, and instilling within her a great sense of self-trust. We're very happy with our decision to have moved our daughter to PHMA and look forward to the years to come!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 14, 2016
She willingly hugs all of her friends at school. When someone cries, someone else is always willing to give a hug or share a toy to comfort!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 14, 2016
Our daughter comes home with the knowledge of "taking turns," "sharing," and "my work" -- she respects our needs while also communicating her own. She's clearly well treated at school and by being given respect, provides it back.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
The children in my care have come from a variety of backgrounds and aptitudes yet all felt safe and cared for at this school.

Posted August 10, 2015
We have a child who has attended this school from the time she was 1-year old until now and we also have foster children who have attended this school while they have been living with us. The teachers and the administration could not have been more caring. The education was adapted to each child taking into account both their abilities and their challenges. Attending this school has truly shaped all of them and made them grow both as students and personally.

Posted June 29, 2015
I've said this before to the people at Palm Harbor Montessori -- I'm giving them a "5" star grade only because "8" star isn't available. Where do I begin? We moved here mid term last fall. Our twins had attended a Montessori program in Port Orange, Fla. - which had been sold and came under different structure with the sale (non Montessori). Thank goodness we were moving anyway and connected with PHMA -- and they took us in for VPK 2 months into the school year (thanks!). Everybody from the teachers to the administration to the lady I call the ultimate upbeat ambassador of PHMA - Miss Shelley - are top of the line in every facet possible. The teachers have a true gift here ... they have the ability to "read" children within moments, identifying strengths and encouraging our kids to "run with it". These are individuals who have a deep, deep passion for what they do. They love kids and they love to teach and the ultimate reward for them at the end of the day is to see the kids' eyes light up when they grasp a concept. Yes, there IS structure ... but there is also freedom within that classroom structure for kids to look around and find something they're curious about - I sat in class for an hour once to witness it all. Fascinating. Our twins did VPK and it was an enormous success and Kindergarten won't know what hit it when our twins get there ... thanks to this foundation. We currently have our twins in the summer camp program and they come home happy, smiling, full of stories and EXHAUSTED because they are having so much fun. Also, our 2 year old has begun with the youngest group at PHMA and after only one quivering-lip day in the beginning, she now sprints to her teachers and waves goodbye to us, smiling ... she's totally on board with this new experience, thanks to the adults and the sweetheart kids she spends her day with. I am thrilled that our 3 kids are excited to be around new people ... new kids, new adults ... I'd describe the whole experience as some sort of educational cocoon that allows them a comfy space to grow without any negatives pelting them from the outside. I HIGHLY recommend PHMA and we are far from done working with them.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015

Posted October 29, 2014
We just moved to Palm Harbor, FL and decided to send our son (who is in the 1st grade or Junior Elementary) and our daughter (who is in the primary classroom) to PHMA. We could not be happier. There transition to a new school has been easy and we have been happy with the school both academically and socially.

2355 Nebraska Avenue, Palm Harbor, FL  34683
Last modified Palm Harbor Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8