4-12|Private

Bad
Good

Everybody in the school from the Director, front office as well as teachers are all committed to help each student reach their full potential.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The encouragement and positive reinforcement they provide is working as I have seen a big difference in my grandson's grades from the first marking period to the second one.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is only homework if the child has not completed their daily work in class. A huge plus for making home life easier after school.

My grandson started this year at Center Academy. WOW!!! What a WONDERFUL difference this school has made in his life. He went from failing ALL subjects to bringing home his first report card with 4 A's and 2 B's. WAS HE EVER PROUD!!! This school has caring committed teachers who are there because they truly care about teaching and the kids. Thank GOD common core is NO longer the only thing that matters!! My grandson hops out of bed EXCITED to go to school instead of tears and begging to stay home ( because he is sick) all the children here are KIND!!!! I Thank GOD every day for this WONDERFUL school!!!!

Center Academy in Palm Harbor has completely turned our lives around. My son who is extremely intelligent but a "different kind of learner" is finally in the proper element. He has gone from a problem student that most public school teachers just didn't have time for to a straight A young man who has excelled in all facets of his education. Center Academy build self esteem, they encourage children to do their best and excel. I found that public schools for a multitude of reasons tended to reprimand students more than rewarding. My son responds to motivation and reward, because Center Academy recognizes that they have reaped the benefits of having an exceptional young man in their student body. I will be forever thankful for what the school, the staff and especially the director, Suzy Gaudin has done for my family and my child.

My 5th grader is having an awesome first year at Center Academy! I love seeing the smile on his face and watching him saying his many goodbyes to his classmates. What a difference the right environment can make! There were many reasons that I chose to take my son out of Public school, but I will share two reasons; first, common core math was a joke and he lost a previous year of learning in this subject. Second, pulling up to car line after school and finding him in tears too many times to keep count. Center academy has been a blessing for my son and our family. They provide the correct curriculum for each subject. I knew when I enrolled him last spring for the following school year he would have to take 4th grade math again. They teach math the traditional way and unlike last year with common core, he loves math again and making wonderful A's and B's. He is getting a great education here and he is flourishing socially.

My daughter is flourishing at Center Academy. This was this best decision we could have made; to place her at this school. Our family life is so much more stress free. Our daughter is doing well in school and likes attending. We also have confidence that ALL the staff has our daughter's best interest at heart.

This school is honestly one of a kind. It enables students to gain their self-esteem back and capture a zest for learning. The environment is rich with loving hands, not just strictly teaching out of a book. The teachers and the Principal really care. They really do teach the whole child. I am forever grateful that I walked into their doors many years ago. I have no doubt many will walk away, not only with a solid education, but having left a better person.

The teacher/student ratio in my child's class is currently 23 to 1. There is an aid, but she is not a teacher. There is no 1-1 teaching. Most of the school day is spent working in workbooks. The kids work in cubicles, staring at a wall for most of the day.The teacher makes a sweep of the room, answers a few questions, then returns to her desk. Not sure if all of the teachers are Florida certified educators, but do know they are not ESE teachers. Many, many disgruntled parents here, which makes me question all these glowing reviews. There are no interventions geared towards those with learning disabilities. Might be an ok environment for ADHD, which was it's original intent, but not for those with learning disabilities.

The Center Academy SAVED our son. The public school system failed our son time and time again. He felt "stupid and unwanted" his words not mine. The Center Academy has been heaven sent. My child has built confidence and is thriving in his academics. The teachers and staff look at a child holistically. I have never seen students so understanding an accepting of their peers. This year we placed our nephew in the Center Academy. He is middle school age. He was failing in public school and we feared that he was a potential drop out. He now is making excellent grades. He no longer see dropping out as his only option. In my opinion the Center Academy is the best kept secret among private schools.

Last modified Center Academy-Palm Harbor is a Private school that serves grades 4-12