4-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted February 07, 2016
Everybody in the school from the Director, front office as well as teachers are all committed to help each student reach their full potential.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 07, 2016
I wish there was a way to click on more than just one person. Everyone I have been in contact with from the Director, the front office as well as the teachers have all been tremendous. They have worked with us to help get my grandson acclimated to his new school. They have provided encouragement and nothing but positivity to him and to us.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 07, 2016
The encouragement and positive reinforcement they provide is working as I have seen a big difference in my grandson's grades from the first marking period to the second one.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 07, 2016
There is only homework if the child has not completed their daily work in class. A huge plus for making home life easier after school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 07, 2016
The weekly reports I get from the teacher give positive reinforcement and encouragement as well as areas that are improving and don't just focus on negatives.

Posted November 03, 2015
My grandson started this year at Center Academy. WOW!!! What a WONDERFUL difference this school has made in his life. He went from failing ALL subjects to bringing home his first report card with 4 A's and 2 B's. WAS HE EVER PROUD!!! This school has caring committed teachers who are there because they truly care about teaching and the kids. Thank GOD common core is NO longer the only thing that matters!! My grandson hops out of bed EXCITED to go to school instead of tears and begging to stay home ( because he is sick) all the children here are KIND!!!! I Thank GOD every day for this WONDERFUL school!!!!

Posted May 12, 2015
Center Academy in Palm Harbor has completely turned our lives around. My son who is extremely intelligent but a "different kind of learner" is finally in the proper element. He has gone from a problem student that most public school teachers just didn't have time for to a straight A young man who has excelled in all facets of his education. Center Academy build self esteem, they encourage children to do their best and excel. I found that public schools for a multitude of reasons tended to reprimand students more than rewarding. My son responds to motivation and reward, because Center Academy recognizes that they have reaped the benefits of having an exceptional young man in their student body. I will be forever thankful for what the school, the staff and especially the director, Suzy Gaudin has done for my family and my child.

Posted April 19, 2015
My 5th grader is having an awesome first year at Center Academy! I love seeing the smile on his face and watching him saying his many goodbyes to his classmates. What a difference the right environment can make! There were many reasons that I chose to take my son out of Public school, but I will share two reasons; first, common core math was a joke and he lost a previous year of learning in this subject. Second, pulling up to car line after school and finding him in tears too many times to keep count. Center academy has been a blessing for my son and our family. They provide the correct curriculum for each subject. I knew when I enrolled him last spring for the following school year he would have to take 4th grade math again. They teach math the traditional way and unlike last year with common core, he loves math again and making wonderful A's and B's. He is getting a great education here and he is flourishing socially.

Posted May 17, 2014
My daughter is flourishing at Center Academy. This was this best decision we could have made; to place her at this school. Our family life is so much more stress free. Our daughter is doing well in school and likes attending. We also have confidence that ALL the staff has our daughter's best interest at heart.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is honestly one of a kind. It enables students to gain their self-esteem back and capture a zest for learning. The environment is rich with loving hands, not just strictly teaching out of a book. The teachers and the Principal really care. They really do teach the whole child. I am forever grateful that I walked into their doors many years ago. I have no doubt many will walk away, not only with a solid education, but having left a better person.

34054 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL  34684
Last modified Center Academy-Palm Harbor is a Private school that serves grades 4-12