Palm Harbor, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 17, 2014
My daughter is flourishing at Center Academy. This was this best decision we could have made; to place her at this school. Our family life is so much more stress free. Our daughter is doing well in school and likes attending. We also have confidence that ALL the staff has our daughter's best interest at heart.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is honestly one of a kind. It enables students to gain their self-esteem back and capture a zest for learning. The environment is rich with loving hands, not just strictly teaching out of a book. The teachers and the Principal really care. They really do teach the whole child. I am forever grateful that I walked into their doors many years ago. I have no doubt many will walk away, not only with a solid education, but having left a better person.

Center Academy-Palm Harbor 1

Posted March 11, 2014
The teacher/student ratio in my child's class is currently 23 to 1. There is an aid, but she is not a teacher. There is no 1-1 teaching. Most of the school day is spent working in workbooks. The kids work in cubicles, staring at a wall for most of the day.The teacher makes a sweep of the room, answers a few questions, then returns to her desk. Not sure if all of the teachers are Florida certified educators, but do know they are not ESE teachers. Many, many disgruntled parents here, which makes me question all these glowing reviews. There are no interventions geared towards those with learning disabilities. Might be an ok environment for ADHD, which was it's original intent, but not for those with learning disabilities.

Posted October 16, 2013
The Center Academy SAVED our son. The public school system failed our son time and time again. He felt "stupid and unwanted" his words not mine. The Center Academy has been heaven sent. My child has built confidence and is thriving in his academics. The teachers and staff look at a child holistically. I have never seen students so understanding an accepting of their peers. This year we placed our nephew in the Center Academy. He is middle school age. He was failing in public school and we feared that he was a potential drop out. He now is making excellent grades. He no longer see dropping out as his only option. In my opinion the Center Academy is the best kept secret among private schools.

Posted September 20, 2013
This school has helped change our child from a potential drop out from a large public school, to a child who is now doing dual enrollment. Attention is personal and learning is more individualized. School is still not my childs favorite activity but the daily battles to get them there have stopped. Thank You, Thank you, thank you!

Posted September 13, 2013
Center Academy of Palm Harbor- we are very happy with our son's first three weeks at Center Academy. The program is designed in a very thoughtful manner to take the unique learning curve and emotional development of each child individually which, in the case of our son, is necessary to promote an optimal learning experience. The difference in our son's attitude today versus what he was facing in a public high school is too great to describe in words- three weeks ago we were woried that he would not be able to finish the year; today we are confident that at Center Academy he will not only complete all academic requirements bur flourish while doing so.

Posted September 12, 2013
This school has changed our families life! So appreciative of all of the staff!! Dont know what we would do without them

Posted August 28, 2013
A Life Changing School for Us! From the moment we walked in to tour the school I knew this would be a different experience and I could not have been more right. Very friendly and accommodating staff. The children are welcoming. My son looks forward to school and is excited to learn. This was the best decision I have ever made. It is priceless to have him go from panic attacks before school last year to a smiles in the morning this year. Just a side note, if you have ever experienced an IEP team that has made you physically ill because they are so confrontational instead of working together as the team that they are supposed to be, you will truly appreciate the teamwork at Center Academy. A huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I just love this school.

Posted August 08, 2013
Both of my sons attend Center Academy. As the father of a son on the Autism Spectrum, I could not be more proud of both how my son is doing at Center Academy, and how FANTASTIC the teachers and staff are with the children and parents. As a former Board of Education member in NY, I am equally impressed with the high standard of education offered by the school. I would recommend Center Academy to anyone!

Posted August 04, 2013
Center Academy, Palm Harbor, FL - Fabulous school for my son. The teachers and staff are excellent. They are able to deal with any situations that may come up, while catering to your childs needs.

Center Academy-Palm Harbor
34054 US Highway 19 N, Palm Harbor, FL  34684
Last modified Center Academy-Palm Harbor is a Private school that serves grades 4-12
Center Academy-Palm Harbor Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top