Palm Harbor, FL

Posted October 15, 2014
We had always thought we would homeschool, until we found this school. I had heard about Waldorf Schools, but never thought there would be one in our area. We are so lucky to have one so close by. My children truly love going to school and come home happy, tired and dirty (from lots of outside time).

Posted October 10, 2014
Suncoast Waldorf School fosters brilliant people mind, heart and soul and instills a love of learning. Suncoast Waldorf celebrates the individual.

Posted October 09, 2014
Finally a school that educates the whole child in all aspects. Arts, language, math, science - and all hands on, fun and interactive learning that will stay with them forever. Both my daughters love going to school - every single day - what more could I ask for? This school awakens a deep desire in our young ones to be interested in life - and a yearning to continue to want to learn about things unknown. Can't say enough great things about the staff, they are not just teachers, but mentors, role models and idols for our kids.

Posted August 18, 2014
In reference to the review posted on March 12, 2014 - that teacher is no longer with the Suncoast Waldorf School. This school cares more about the children then any school I have ever been to. The teachers have to go through special training to become a Waldorf teacher. They are trained to teach the whole child from the inside out through experience and interaction. Visit this school once and you will fall in love with it. There are 2 Kindergarten classes this year because enrollment has increased significantly. There are people that move to Palm Harbor specifically becasue there is a Waldorf school there. Read more detailed information on the website and email to schedule a visit.

Suncoast Waldorf School 3

Posted March 12, 2014
I love the system but this school particularly didn't meet the what is was looking for. My son 4 years old it's very active and went to a visit day I was at the parking lot observing and I see how the kids refuse to let him play with then an push him to the floor no one but twice an the teacher didn't do anything no even try to make a conversation , when I step out to pick up my kid the teacher told me that I didn't talk about the whole package (my son) , when what I was observing was sufficient to know what happens. This doesn't mean that waldorf education is not good, but yes school depends on the disposition of the teachers on how to meet the needs for the kids in the first visit. Love waldorf philosophy .

Posted January 24, 2014
Happy. Active. Confident. Loves School. This is my daughter. She is thriving in the Suncoast Waldorf school, thanks in great part to the exceptional caring and nurturing provided by her teachers and school staff. As parents, we were interested in the pedagogy of Waldorf schools, but not 100 % sold on child outcomes. We've since had the chance to see first hand what an education focused on the whole child, not just some arbitrarily chosen bits, can create within our daughter. You should visit this school- it's unlike any other in the Tampa Bay area. Come watch the children play. Explore the lovely campus and classrooms. Watch children learn with their bodies and minds in harmony. It's a beautiful thing.

Posted January 11, 2014
If you think your child doesn't like school then you haven't tried the Suncoast Waldorf School yet. After hearing my daughter complain that she didn't want to go to her Westchase school anymore - we looked at alternative options. We found out the Suncoast Waldorf school has a mixed aged Kindergarten and children can start as early as 3 years old. We started her in the Kindergarten and she can't wait to go every day. She is also more tired after coming home from this school which is great - her bedtime has been 10pm no matter what we tried for the last year. Now she goes to bed between 8 and 8:30pm every single night. Visit the school and see for yourself!

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is for anyone looking for an alternative to public school education. My daughter started to not like school as early as preschool - she was bored. I enrolled her in the Waldorf School Kindergarten class and she jumps out of bed to go to school in the morning. This school teaches children to think for themselves and brings out their creativity. The school does not believe in homework because they feel it is more important for the child to have quality time at home. Read about this school and the waldorf education nationally. I encourage you to visit the school at least once - it reminds me of how school was when I was a child.

Posted March 02, 2013
As a former public school educator, I knew when our daughter was born that I needed to find an alternative approach to a broken system. If done properly, a child's elementary school experience should be filled with wonder, excitement, a sense of community, respect and the JOY of being a child. We absolutely found that in Suncoast Waldorf School. Now in the 4th grade, our sweet girl has been thriving in this family environment since age 3. The teachers and staff are caring for the individual child while giving them a love of learning, play, environment and community. If only the public schools in our nation would model this approach to learning we would have an intelligent and compassionate society. It truly is a beautiful approach to learning.

Posted February 12, 2013
We recently moved to Palm Harbor from Chicago and the Chicago Public School system and were excited to learn that there was a Waldorf School in the area. My daughter entered Waldorf school in 7th grade. Most of the kids in her class have been together since kindergarten, and have had the same wonderful teacher since 5th grade. The staff are incredibly dedicated to the students, and the curriculum incorporates a great balance of arts, sciences, math, handwork, music, and physical activity--versus CPS which eliminated art, had 15 minutes to wolf down lunch, no recess, and spent half the year preparing students for the ISAT. Waldorf focuses on learning, rather than teaching to the test. Above all, for the first time in her life, my daughter claims that she loves school. They don't depend on technology to teach at Waldorf, but kids still have their phones, read assignments on their kindles and type out papers like any other middle schooler. Instructors follow a certain philosophy in their teaching methods but do not impose any "dogma" on the students. The difference at this school is that there's a joy of learning, and joy of simply being at school, that I've never seen anywhere else.

Suncoast Waldorf School
1857 Curlew Rd, Palm Harbor, FL  34683
Last modified Suncoast Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Suncoast Waldorf School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top