Bad
Good

Palm Springs Elementary School My Daughter has gone to this school since kindergarten she is in her last year 5th grade now. She's had the best teachers they have always communicated ways I could help my child at home so that we are all teaching them the same way. The staff has always treated my daughter and myself with respect. As far as their dress code it is not strict at all I find it to be refreshing that they expect kids to look proper and put together. They have there muffins for mommy days there donuts for daddy day and they even have a grandparents day that is really cool to involve the entire family to help your child be a success. Again amazing teachers and the teachers are not there for the money at all if anything we need to support our teachers more everyday, the job they do to handle 15+ students in a class that are all different and from all different cultures. Us as parents need to do our jobs at home with our children so that our children are focused while there in class and respect their teachers. Thank you.

At Palm Springs Elementary we are always striving for ways the children can have more resources. We have an exceptional group of parents and staff working long hours to constantly improve. Under our new Principal Mrs. Kathy Harris we believe anything is possible. But as with most public schools funding always seems short. We strive to find creative ways to earn monies for our school year round.

This is my sons 1st year at Palm Springs. When it comes to his teacher Ms. Crouch...she is great! She keeps me informed and answers any questions I may have in a timely manner. We need more teachers like this in schools. As far as school functions or newsletters I never seem to get anything sent home to me. I hear about it by phone the night before which is a great reminder but I need more than 1 day advance notice since we are both working parents. Getting in and out of the school is a nightmare so we get there early... they do try to get us in and out as soon possible. Overall a good school for us so far :)

It is very disappointing to see the opinions of parents on this site. I am currently a teacher at PSES and I love this school. The teachers are very dedicated to their students. If a teacher seems unavailable at times, it is likely due to all of the guidelines we are forced to adhere to from the state. With our new evaluation system and all of the testing, we have a packed schedule. Our 30 minute planning period is supposed to be for our lesson planning, but that rarely happens because of parent conferences, meetings, or dealing with behavior. Teachers are definitely not in this job for the money because there is no money! The leadership at this school is amazing. Their hearts belong to the children. If you want to complain, bring your comments to the legislature because they are the problem.

My child and i were not satisfied with this school. The principle is very strict and most of the the teachers have no respect for students and do their job poorly as if they only teach for the money. The dress code is very strict. i buy my child correctly-fitted clothing and he is repeatedly ask to have his shirt tucked which causes him discomfort. Another thing is having a belt at all time my child shorts and pant fit him well and he dislikes wearing belts. A teacher has given him a detention for not having a belt when his pants never go below his waist. Also in the cafeteria they have sirens that go off when it gets to loud and when one goes off so does the other, so the principle comes in and both sides of the cafeteria now have silent lunch. Don't teachers always say class is not for having conversations with your friends. You can do that at lunch?. I would give this school a zero but it does have multiple activities such as "Jump Rope For Heart" and saluting veterans for their actions that i did like. Overall, this school is a one star and i do not recommend it to others.

If i could give this school zero stars than i would. but i can't, so i'll give one. i enrolled my child to that school as his first year for second grade. They told me that it was a very good school, that the teachers were very caring, and actually worried for our children. but to me, none of those things are true. one thing i noticed was that everytime i went to pick up my child, the teachers would just turn their face everytime they saw me like me and my child do no matter to them. this happened every year. another thing that gets me disappointed, is that my child has always had a very good conduct record from Pre-k to 1st grade. ever since i came to this school, my son's teacher began to give my child C's in the report card for conduct. thanks to her, my child's conduct record is ruined. he never even got a B in conduct. it was always only A's. i decided to go to that school, and it was to ruin everything. my son also told me that his teacher was always in a bad mood and always yelled at the kids. she never let the kids outside for reccess like the principal ordered to. my son never had the chance to see his teacher smile. i'm very upset with this school. my son wont return agn

I loved this school 2 years ago. Now I find the Principe unavailable and the Vice Principle arrogant and unresponsive. I can't wait for my child to be done in this school!

We are involved at the school, & are not pleased with the changes in the past 2 years. The Volunteer Coordinator, Mrs. Keezer, is excellent. We have also had fairly good teachers who seem to care. Mrs. Brutus, the librarian, is also great & does some outreach projects with the kids. The administration, however, is arrogant, incompetent, & disrespectful to teachers, students, and parents. Very alarming.

My daughter been in Palm Springs Elementary since KG, and now she s going into 5th grade, my daughter love's the school and her teachers. I feel very please and my daughter lucky that she is in an excellent school like Palm Springs Elementary. Thank you all, Doug L.

My daughter has been in Palm Springs Elementary since kindergarten and now she will be going into 5th grade. My son is now going into 1st grade. I have found that the school is a great school because it has helped my daughter alot. Her teachers since she was in kindergarten has always been concern. When she has had problems in any of her subjects they always go that extra mile for her to do better and I thank god for that. The teachers and staff in the school is great and they do care for their students and make sure they get the attention that they need to do better in school. I find it that Palm Springs Elementary is always concern for the well being and the safety of the students.

Last modified Palm Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.