Bad
Good

I had called several times to inquire about registration for the after school program and was told it would be today at 9:00am, I get off from work and found a note on the door to administration's office that they are all gathering at the cafeteria and won't be back until 10:00am. As a working parent this is really upsetting as this is not the first time they provide me the wrong information and I have to miss work due to their neglect. Communication must improve as worst mistakes I am sure are happening internally.

Administration needs to instill more of a school spirit and pride in the children. Teachers are working extremely hard and care a lot about the kids. But the kids seem very disconnected. They may have social and academic challenges, but there has to be more school initiatives even on a small level to communicate that their effort and focus to learn should be serious. I recommend holding parent workshops before the school year begins to connect the home and the school.

my kid want the ninja duck i know that he have squrerly but he getbs saying plz

My son has attended this school for 2nd Grade and now he is there for 3rd Grade the teachers he has had so far have been amazing! but as far as the office staff they cannot seem to get it together for the life of them!! had some very rude office staff we have encountered! to top it off my sons Step father is the one who enrolled him in the school and they give him the hardest time when coming to pick him up! i have filled out at least 5-7 contact pick up information forms and everyone of those forms just seems to magically disappear and in turn what should be a simple 5 minute pick up always turns into a 45 min to an hour pick up that is just becoming a nightmare NOT to forget the drop off system in the morning is HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!! about as worse as the office staff!!!!!!

My daughter's kindergarten teacher is very sweet. Aside from that, this is a poorly run facility. Dropping off and picking up my daughter is always a nightmare. I can't even unbuckle, hug and kiss my daughter goodbye without being harrased by a faculty member. I agree on the licence plate thing. Quite ridiculous. Any time I've had an issue and went to address it with the office faculty, they respond with attitude. Not only has the staff disrespected me... But my five year old as well. I will be unenrolling my child and finding a better facility for her to attend. Do not waist you childs potential. Please look into other options if you can.

The pickup/dropoff of car riders has got to be the most unorganized thing I've EVER encountered. Their security measure for assuring each child gets into the appropriate vehicle is a plastic licence plate you write your child's name and grade on. This is ridiculous. Anyone could get a blank one from your local store and write your childs name on it. Absolutely moronic.

My son just started grade K this year and so far the teacher is doing great. The only issue I have is with the ESE coordinator who lacks the people skills needed to deal with a parent of child who basically can't speak for himself. She doesn't understand that issues may arise that are unforeseen and that she and the parent should calmly work together to solve it. Instead she tried to push her I am supreme attitude around and things got out of hand. Either she needs more training with her 'bed side manners' or they need to find another ESE coordinator.

My daughter started kindergarden there last year!! It was going great she had a really good teacher till, the 2nd week of school (mind you this was her first year) she was served w/ two lunch detentions for being late to class because she kept getting lost and she has extreme anxiety... that was such a poor move and i refused her to serve it and they did it anyways without my permission!! very sad no one answered my question when I asked where was the hallway supervisors to direct her!! hopefully this year is better!

I love pretty much everything about the school, except for when it comes to picking up the children after school or anything eles that involves a little bit of organization.

I When my daughter went there for her fist year a kindegatener I was nervous but as time went on she loved it and so did I it is a great school the teachers staff and faculty are great and friendly I give it 5 + stars.Her teacher was Ms.Taveras she was the greatest teacher and helped me with evrything.my daughter loves her and still asks about her till this day we moved so she doesnt attend that school this year we were really upset :( .

Last modified Clifford O Taylor/Kirklane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.