853 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Great parents, staff and administration! Lots of parental involvement! Best school in the neighborhood as far as scores as well. Many after school activities offered like art, drama, and science club. Those who are complaining about gifted, yes I'm sure there are many students who shouldn't be in gifted. The issue is if a parent tests their child privately the school has to accept the score. So that really is a mute point, as the school has no control. My children have had amazing teachers throughout the years and we have really had nothing short of a great experience.

Their so called gifted program is an absolute scam. There are so called gifted students in who have less math and reading skills than some students enrolled in charter schools in Kendall. I know this because they are family members. The other students are ahead and were basically helping them do homework....I was floored. This school is obsessed with trying to have an image and in force feeding students to try and pass the FSA/fcat. And then their scores were very good but there are at least 6 or 7 schools in Kendall that match it or exceed it. Also a warning to some that there are many complaints of the lack of security and unsafe feel. There are always people walking everywhere on campus with nothing to do and they aren't even staff. No thanks....I took my kids to one of the other schools I mentioned prior.

I have been nothing but pleased with my kids' education at Coral Reef. They are all in the Gifted Program. There is a reason why this school has been an A school for 14 years. There is a cohesive network of teachers, staff, parents and children that works wonderfully. The gifted teachers go above and beyond! I am proud of CRE and the great school that it is and always has been. Go Dolphins!

Terrible experience at this school! One of the 1st grade gifted teachers is horrible to her students and I have had the unfortunate experience of seeing her yell at her students quite frequently. I have complained but nothing gets done. This school is run by the unfortunate politics of the public school system. This school only cares about its ranking based on test scores in order to obtain more funding. I have now pulled my children out of this school and look forward to never going back there again.

Too many politics at this school!!! This school is for the stay at home mom's that are bored to death at home. Mom's are constantly coming into the school and wondering around hallways gossiping with one another.

We have had a wonderful experience at Coral Reef Elementary. This has been my daughters first experience with public school after many years of private school. We have been happily surprised by the quality of education and the excellent teachers. In addition, we have worked closely with the Assistant Principal on several areas and she has been wonderful and very responsive. I would not hesitate to send my child here again (and wish we would have sooner).

I love this school more than I can ever say. The faculty is beyond amazing. I have a child with special needs and was scared to death of her entering kindergarten, but the principal, VP and counselor were so welcoming and accommodating of our unique situation. They went above and beyond to make me and my child feel comfortable in school. Our teacher was perfect. So calm and sweet, always caring for my child. I really felt like she cared about me and my child and that was so important to me. I wish we didn't have to leave this school for next year. I recommend it especially to children who are different or are worried about bullying. They really care so much. Love love love this school and all the staff in it!

My child had been enrolled in a local private school for a number of years. The private school served her well but we decided to give Coral Reef Elementary School a try. At first she was apprehensive but soon she was having a better experience at Coral Reef than she had at the local (expensive) private school she previously attended. The teachers, the administration and the school staff made the transition not only easy, but enjoyable. In fact, our family discovered that the professional resources available at this school were far beyond what was made available via the previous school. The private school our daughter attended was fantastic. However, the teachers and administration at Coral Reef have experience dealing with many students from different backgrounds with any number of issues and challenges. This, I believe, has prepared them to educate students in a more professional and effective manner regardless of the situation. I really didn't want my child to switch from private to public school. However, now I know my prejudice proved to be both expensive and foolish.

We moved to Palmetto Bay in the middle of the school year and enrolled our children at Coral Reef Elementary. Our apprehensions about the move all disappeared because of the smooth transition into this school. The Assistant Principal and the Counselor are amazing! They met with us and answered all our questions. The teachers were wonderful and immediately provided our kids with books and materials to get started. My husband and I highly recommend this school.

As a parent with a second child attending Coral Reef Elementary, I have ten years of experience at this school. Through out all of the years that my children have attended this school I can honestly say that I have had nothing but positive experiences. The administration, faculty & staff are exceptional.They have brought the school to a higher level of academic excellence, as well as created a phenomenal environment for learning.

Last modified Coral Reef Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.