Coral Reef Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2014
Too many politics at this school!!! This school is for the stay at home mom's that are bored to death at home. Mom's are constantly coming into the school and wondering around hallways gossiping with one another.

Posted June 15, 2014
We have had a wonderful experience at Coral Reef Elementary. This has been my daughters first experience with public school after many years of private school. We have been happily surprised by the quality of education and the excellent teachers. In addition, we have worked closely with the Assistant Principal on several areas and she has been wonderful and very responsive. I would not hesitate to send my child here again (and wish we would have sooner).

Posted June 05, 2014
I love this school more than I can ever say. The faculty is beyond amazing. I have a child with special needs and was scared to death of her entering kindergarten, but the principal, VP and counselor were so welcoming and accommodating of our unique situation. They went above and beyond to make me and my child feel comfortable in school. Our teacher was perfect. So calm and sweet, always caring for my child. I really felt like she cared about me and my child and that was so important to me. I wish we didn't have to leave this school for next year. I recommend it especially to children who are different or are worried about bullying. They really care so much. Love love love this school and all the staff in it!

Posted May 29, 2014
My child had been enrolled in a local private school for a number of years. The private school served her well but we decided to give Coral Reef Elementary School a try. At first she was apprehensive but soon she was having a better experience at Coral Reef than she had at the local (expensive) private school she previously attended. The teachers, the administration and the school staff made the transition not only easy, but enjoyable. In fact, our family discovered that the professional resources available at this school were far beyond what was made available via the previous school. The private school our daughter attended was fantastic. However, the teachers and administration at Coral Reef have experience dealing with many students from different backgrounds with any number of issues and challenges. This, I believe, has prepared them to educate students in a more professional and effective manner regardless of the situation. I really didn't want my child to switch from private to public school. However, now I know my prejudice proved to be both expensive and foolish.

Posted May 28, 2014
We moved to Palmetto Bay in the middle of the school year and enrolled our children at Coral Reef Elementary. Our apprehensions about the move all disappeared because of the smooth transition into this school. The Assistant Principal and the Counselor are amazing! They met with us and answered all our questions. The teachers were wonderful and immediately provided our kids with books and materials to get started. My husband and I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 24, 2014
As a parent with a second child attending Coral Reef Elementary, I have ten years of experience at this school. Through out all of the years that my children have attended this school I can honestly say that I have had nothing but positive experiences. The administration, faculty & staff are exceptional.They have brought the school to a higher level of academic excellence, as well as created a phenomenal environment for learning.

Posted May 22, 2014
As a parent at this school, I am grateful that my child is able to attend a quality public school. From administration, support staff, teachers, librarian to security personnel, everyone seems vested in the importance of their job. As to security, I feel very comfortable with the procedures. There is always security personnel at the front entrance to sign in visitors and issue badges. During school hours this is the only gate open, the rest are locked. During dismissal another pedestrian gate is open with another security person. I see and hear this person making sure no child leaves without an adult escort. Before the children get to that gate they are released by teachers only to those on the approved list. As to parents around the school during school hours, I find this comforting. The parents add to it's appeal. They have to sign in or are wearing their volunteer badges. The reality is that most are mothers. They are a community of parents who choose to help their children's school. I see them caring for children who are not their own. When I am at work, I know that there are other moms with their eyes on the campus and my child. This is invaluable to me.

Posted May 21, 2014
My daughter is a student at Coral Reef Elementary. I can honestly say that it is excellent. The staff, teachers, and leadership team know the students by name and make it feel like a second home. The PTA is active and involved with making the school great. There are all types of after school clubs offered. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 20, 2014
My experience at Coral Reef Elementary has been amazing! The teachers, administration, staff, and PTA team are very welcoming and my child has had opportunities to participate in several clubs and programs. This school is not just about pushing academics, but also about developping well-rounded children.

Posted May 20, 2014
This school honestly has the BEST TEACHERS. You will not find teachers that truly care as much as these teachers do anywhere else. The principal is very active and is always around, which again you don't always find. What was mentioned in an another comment about security I truly disagree. There is a security guard at the front entrance at all times, at which that is the only entrance during school hours. And what I truly love is that parents are always welcome to volunteer in the classroom or around the school. I was nervous switching from a small preschool to a public school, but I truly have had nothing short of an amazing experience. They have tons of clubs like Legos, cheerleading, and drama the kids can sign up for as well. As well as if you look up academic scores compared to other public schools, they are always in the top 10 in the county, usually beating out some of the other more known schools like palmetto and pinecrest elementary. It's truly an all around great school.

Coral Reef Elementary School
7955 Southwest 152nd Street, Palmetto Bay, FL  33157
Last modified Coral Reef Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Reef Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top