757 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Hidden gem in Palmetto Bay! Great teachers that truly care about their students and push their students academically to strive for their best while embracing the arts! The new principal genuinely loves children, is very approachable, and cares about her school! I'm very blessed to have my child be a part of this school!!

Since the beginning of this school year I have noticed a huge change! We have 2 new state of the arts Computer Labs! The administration has implemented many new family oriented activities such as Movie Nights and Spirit Week! The students are exposed to rigorous academics due to the highly experienced teachers! Perrine is the place to be!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teacher consistently allow the student to get low grades without intervening or attempting to correct the deficiency. Teacher failed to notify the parent.

Amount of homework: Agree

The students are given a lot of homework. I can agree that it is enough to be challenging for the child, not too much to be overwhelming, but not too little to lack challenge.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school lacks integrity. It practices favoritism and unprofessional behavior. I would never recommend any parent enroll his/her child here.

We are a military family and have traveled a lot. Our experiences and the staff at all other schools have been wonderful and pleasant. Henry Perrine Academy of the Arts is by far the worst school that my child has ever attended. My child has had great success at all of the other schools except this one. The teachers do not have the students best interest in mind. This Principal also has no interest in the well being of the children, neither effective, unbiased communication; it is about politics and money for her. The kids are just numbers for this school. Be very weary of enrolling your child here and if you do, make sure to be vigilant and aware of what is going on within the school. There have been multiple parents who have had their children injured, to include my child, and the parents were not immediately notified by the school, some of which the injuries resulted in hospital visits. I encourage every parent whom I spoke with, and others who I didn't, who have had issues to come forward and make the community aware of this. I have heard and experienced nothing but bad things with this principal this year (2015-2016), with it being her first year as a principal at Perrine Academy. She has lied to parents & deceived them. She upholds the wrongdoing and unprofessional behavior of the teachers. Be careful. Use your judgement wisely. I would not consider this school to have the best environment for learning.

Worst experience here ever. Took 3 attempts to enroll the kids because the same front office woman told us we needed another form of a different color each day. Seriously, you couldn't tell us that the first day so we could have gotten the proper forms day one? (We were a mid-year out of state move). Our 2nd grader carried around all his school supplies for the first 3 days and never empties one thing from it-when I asked why, I was told he was being sent to the library all day because they were reviewing. Huh? He should have been a part of the class from day 1-perhaps the material would have been new to him. And who dumps a kid on their first day in the library all day by himself. Our kindergarten teacher experience was even WORSE. I knew within the first 30 seconds that she saw us as "one more kid" when she asked the lady if all other classes were at 24 before even saying hello to us. Then she proceeded to write several things on the board that I would need to make sure my son could do "or she couldn't pass him to 1st grade". Well, hello, nice to meet you too. His new school supplies got raided the first day-he came home missing half of them and the other half had been replaced by poor conditioned items from the other kids. I could get over this had the teacher given a darn or had a heart. She basically said he would need to toughen up as she had rough kids this year and was afraid he'd get hurt. WHAT??? She even sent home a sticky note saying that I had to create math problems for him to practice. She held him in during recess because he didn't know the class rules and what to do on an assignment...we are talking the 1st week of school! Now, I'm a former teacher and a parent...and no matter what angle I look at this situation from, it is wrong. Needless to say, I'm upset we bought a house in this zone and our kids are now at another school where they are A) getting an education from a teacher who cares, B) not being bullied or left alone and C) are in a positive environment. Oh yeah, and if it weren't enough...no one showed either boy where the restrooms were on the first day, so they held it all day. Yes, they could have inquired...but the setting was super intimating and unfriendly. We lasted 2 terrible weeks that almost killed the year. School should be positive (especially in Kinder), not a place where you feel unsafe.

Great school son goes their and loves it great programs especially nest great teachers and principal.

This school is awesome and I was able to make friends really easily and the gifted teachers are great now that we're leaving 5th grade it's sad but i'll always remember Perrine.

My daughter is in the Dance Magnet Program and she absolutely loves attending this school! The teachers she has had are quick to respond to any email I've sent and amazing. The front office is overworked a bit but who isn't. Only reason I say that is when I do call the front office I feel like they rush me off the phone, I get help with the question or concern I call about though.

Last modified Dr. Henry E. Perrine Academy Of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.