Posted August 23, 2014
As a student, I believe that MSA has an incredible academic program but the quality of electives has gone down since I started here in 6th grade in 2009. Many of the teachers are wonderful but the disciplinary staff seems to think that they are the police and treat you like you're guilty until proven innocent. They have become excessively more strict even in the past year and lock the doors when the bell rings so you can't get in even if you're like 10 seconds late!!!!! If your phone is out in class it's grounds for suspension even if you're being productive and making reminders to do your homework, which leads me to my next point. MSA is VERY behind in the way of technology. Computers are pretty discouraged and everything is done with paper, funding is low and it has become very obvious. However with all of the faults and backwardness of the school I do believe that the education is better quality than what you will find anywhere else in manatee county and the students are very kind and accepting of everyone.

Posted April 18, 2014
MSA has been a great school for my child, both academically and artistically. She loves it there!

Posted February 19, 2014
I am in sixth grade there right now from my experience I love the school I love how in sixth grade we get a little taste of everything we get dance,pe,theater,music,art,graphic design it's amazing

Manatee School For The Arts 4

Posted February 03, 2014
I have gone to this school since sixth grade and am satisfied. The lack of communication is distressing. The clothing guidelines are a bit ridiculous and I prefer not to have my pants pulled on to see if they're too tight, but I understand where its coming from. I would like to see the theatre department improve. If you are going here for dance, GO! Our school has the biggest dance program in the state of Florida. Our school adds up to DANCE, little bit of theatre, lots of shows, art, and some stupid rules. But overall satisfied with the arts.

Manatee School For The Arts 1

Posted January 29, 2014
As a parent I find this shool very difficult to get information from. The guidance office is reluctant to offer information and meetings of any sort. My daughter was recently in the dressing room where a guidance councelor yelled and threatened to lock her in the room. I am quite concerned as my daughter has informed me that this same woman has pulled on students clothes and hair. The school declines to give any information on this incident.

Posted July 02, 2013
We love the well rounded curriculum and the fact that each child gets to experience various arts. My daughters are musical and artistic, and enjoy the theater as well. The school has a great way of allowing the students to find their artistic forte be it in the area of music, dance, visual arts, or theater, and gives them the ability to experience things they would never have the opportunity to try in a regular public school. In addition, I love their philosophy regarding homework, and encouraging parental involvement without being overbearing regarding it.

Posted May 07, 2013
Manatee School for the Arts is a decent school. I have been going there for almost 5 years now. Its academics are hot and cold considering some teachers are absolutely terrible and some a fantastic. If you're an artist consider going here, if you play music the opportunities are not very wide, do not ever and I mean ever go here for the Tae Kwon Do. It was a fantastic system when the first Master was around but now it has turned into a school of favortism and disrespect. I believe this has to do with the current Master for the most part. But if you are a dancer I highly encourage you to go there. Now to talk about the Administration. I have seen some of the worst disciplinary action here, the staff can be extremely disrespectful to students.

Posted August 18, 2012
I don't understand why they do not allow parents to come in during the day to help where ever or who ever could use some help.They say it is because they do not have the proper equipment to do finger printing.How hard is it to get the things they need?All the other schools have it.This makes no sense to me.

Manatee School For The Arts 4

Posted April 22, 2012
We have had our problems at MSA. Things have been very rocky over the years, but I'm proud to be a graduating 2012 student! The teachers are what keep us all together. They are always there to help when we need it, and I love the fact that everyone gets involved here with various activities. It might have alot of administration problems, but WE as a student population overall are doing GREAT! Dont let "blank walls" or "bad administration" stop you from coming to this school. Its about the education, and the students. Overall, Ive done alot better here than Lakewood if you ask me.. much better choice if your a performer!!! Sometimes you just have to see it during school hours to see it. We might not be like what you see in Fame, but we're MSA! People have been leaving during the years for various reasons, but I've been here to stay for 3 years. I wouldn't change anything for the world because I've learned so much, and have taken it all in. If your a bright, good kid, you'll never have to worry about administration, and/or problems.

Manatee School For The Arts 1

Posted April 09, 2012
this school is a complete joke to parents i mean the teachers are put downs to are kids and they really dont keep the parents in the loop. i should of thought twice about this school. im puting my child in lakewood ranch high that a better school for him and it a A rated school so make sure if your a parnet like me make sure you actually look into the school.

Manatee School For The Arts
700 Haben Boulevard, Palmetto, FL  34221
Last modified Manatee School For The Arts is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manatee School For The Arts Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top