Imagine Charter School At North Manatee

Charter | PK-5 | 599 students

Posted August 14, 2014

What can I say that previous posts haven't? Communication does not exist! Bus routes work sometimes, and when there is a change, you do not know until you are at the busstop wondering where the bus is. PTO meetings are a joke! I go to obtain hours, but they are more of a big fight or the president thinking she runs the show...which she is rude and does nothing! Just attend the meeting and you will see. We may or may not be returning next year; our area does not have many options, so it comes down to picking the lesser of two evils. Maybe they are trying to improve, but it wont be where it needs by the time my children are ready for highschool, which is at least 4 years away. They talk about how to bring in more families, when the ones they have don't matter.

Posted June 23, 2014

I stick with 3 stars, even though I thought it should be 2 instead. I still believe IMNM is improving, at slow pace. School and playground are quite clean, students seems to improve their manners during assembly ceremonies, teachers are willing to cooperate in helping my son find interest in learning. It seems there's improvement in bus services as there was no call informing about bus problem. But I'm not happy to have a chance to know that all the children got punished if there were any of them didn't behave during recess. All of them would be kept outside under Florida heat and sun during May for 1 minute per unruly child and none of the children had a hat. It's overwhelmed for the teachers with a bunch of kids but I hope there's other way but this kind of unfair and harsh punishment. I can't comment on lunch as my son brings his own. I believe teachers provide study materials but don't explain much and expect my son to learn it himself and we end up spending quite some time learning at home. My son will have to return next year because it's just convenient for us.

Posted May 15, 2014

I am not happy at all with this school.. Seems like the teachers do not care and do not want to teach and want the students to figure it out on their own, that's not teaching, and then their is lunch, my kids never got lunch even when they order and not they are getting yelled at if they don't order. The teachers do not communicate with the parents as I've sent over 6 or 7 e-mails and no response. The bus service is horrible, one of the buses the driver drives like a maniac and gets a ticket and still drives for them. The front office personal is very very rude and act like they do not care. My child WILL NOT be coming back next year. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this school if you want your child to learn.

Posted April 15, 2014

HORRIBLE DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE ISNM. Teachers constantly yelling at students. Principle doesn't do ANYTHING ABOUT BULLYING. Parents BE AWARE AND SEND YOUR PRECIOUS child to ANOTHE SCHOOL. This school is always in need of school supplies but they send you out with a list that will cost you a lot of money. Lack of communication from staff to the parents.. PTO has now become a joke. HOT lunches are bused in (not a biggie).. but the hot lunch students get barely any food.. and what is left over has to be counted and sent back IN?!!!! .

Posted February 26, 2014

Worse communication I have ever experienced at a school. If you are looking for teacher who teach, are organized and who have open communication, this is not the school for you or your children. Principal is a joke. Avoids to answer your questions even after several meetings, if you can even get a meeting with him. My children will not be attending for another school year. One has been more than enough. His response to bullying is "I can not do anything about it if I didn't see it." I'm afraid my child is so far behind where he needs to be that he won't be able to catch up for the next year. Sad that I ever send my children here.

Posted February 20, 2014

I regret sending my children to this school. It was one of the worst decisions I made. The school is very disorganized & there is a total lack of communication with the parents. The bus service is totally unreliable, some buses & routes have been canceled or the times drastically changed, some days or weeks there is no bus service so if you live far from the school it is very inconvenient especially for working parents. There are a few good teachers but most of them are lazy or very moody. A child should never be yelled at for asking questions about something they do not understand & they should not be made to feel stupid. Some of the teaching methods are questionable as well. Telling a child to figure it out on your own is unacceptable, nor is showing non-school related movies in class because you are too lazy to teach & then telling the child to study, learn & do the subject work at home that should have been done in the classroom. There have also been some behavior problems with some of the kids at the school that were not handled very well & there were some violent fights between students making it an unsafe learning environment for the other students. Bullying does occur here.

Posted February 18, 2014

This school has a great potential if they have experienced teachers. I have a 2nd grader and a preschooler. It is so convenient for me to drop both of them at the same school. Teachers are school's main core of the school, if you get a lazy teacher or a newbie teacher you are pretty much missing out even though you've got a clean brand new school, small ratio of kids and intimate setting kind of school but low quality teacher, its a bad combination. I felt like a bad parent that I did not move them out of school it is more for me than them. But this year we are not coming back. Good luck on choosing the right school.

Posted February 13, 2014

This school lacks communication and organization. If you want your child to get a good education, then don't send them to this school. They don't respect ESE or 504's, teachers don't communicate with parents, school lunch is brought in on a daily basis and the kids get next to nothing. Not sending my children back to this school next year.

Posted July 30, 2013

This school has great ideas, but lacks the organization to carry them out. They have had some great teachers, but they overwork them and stress them out to the point that they want to quit! Every year they have huge teacher turn-over (so much for my kids having the same teachers for three years) and every couple of years, they fire the principal and bring in someone new, who they are SURE is going to solve all the problems. And the middle school is a complete disaster. The students are unsupervised way too much of the time, and the discipline problems are completely out of control. They brag about how they meet each child where they are and challenge them, but my kids both got better grades and scored higher on the FCAT test when I switched them to another local charter school. I do not recommend this school. (from a former parent)

Posted February 28, 2013

I have been a parent at Imagine for 5 years and could not be happier! We love our prinipal and all of the teachers and staff. They truly care about the students. Strong relationships between parents and staff make this school unique and it shows. Proud to be a part of the Imagine family!

Posted February 23, 2013

Although the Principal is very nice and tries to address each and every concern overall it is a disorganized mess. They do not communicate they are not honest and the teachers meander through the year without giving accurate updates and progress. There are transportation issues and more than once there has been problems with the busses and after school activities being cancelled with no notice to parents. School leaves MUCH to be desired. We are not sure we are returning next year as the traditional public school seems to be the lesser of two evils.

Posted February 22, 2013

Our son has been at Imagine since 3rd Grade and sadly leaves at the end of the year for his next school experience on to high school. We have only been impressed with everything that Imagine has offered and wish them continued success. Will miss our Imagine family so much.

Posted February 22, 2013

We enrolled our granddaughter in Imagine and couldn't be happier. We like the cluster concept and being able to email the teachers with questions or concerns and they respond. Miss Nancy in the office is fabulous and Mrs. Lucas as principal is wonderful.

Posted February 22, 2013

The GREATEST school! My daughters started attending Imagine North Manatee in 2011, in 1st grade and the 3-year-old program. There is such a strong sense of community here! The teachers are exemplary: they really care and challenge the students every day. My daughter's reading improved exponentially within her first semester when the teachers and I worked as a team. A high level of parent involvement, small class sizes, and an amazing principal also make ISNM great. I don't have to worry that my kids will "fall through the cracks" at the huge public school down the street. An excellent school.

Posted February 22, 2013

Imagine School North Manatee has challenged my daughter's abilities to succeed academically and socially. Her teachers are great and really are concerned about our children to grow and to learn at their pace. The teachers are available to answers question via email or personally everyday. The smaller class size has allowed more interaction with students and their teachers, however, the children learn to find the answer themselves before asking the teacher. I believe if the student sits there and is feed the answers them become lazy and want others to help them. If you want a school to challenge your children this is the place to come. If you want the children to sit at a desk and let the teachers feed your children the answers go to a county government school. The School takes on the whole child development, not just academically. The parents must participate and volunteer for the school 20 hours a year. I think they need to be more strict on this rule because you still have parents that just drop kids off and expect the school to educate and to baby sit. This school is not about that, Education is the Parents responsibility with the School to assist us.

Posted February 21, 2013

We moved from Ohio and the public system, and returned to Florida and Imagine Charter. The student/teacher ratio decreased and my daughter's grades increased (from Fs to As). I could not be more happier or prouder of my girl. This school is great for academic performance in my child, and will remain in a charter school for her high school years.

Posted February 21, 2013

this school has excellent teachers. My daughter loves the cluster concept.. The principal shows great school leadership and is always there to answer any question.

Posted February 21, 2013

We have been at Imagine North Manatee for three years! My kids are in 1st, 5th, & 6th. We have had experience with all levels primary, intermediate, and middle. Imagine North Manatee is like a family! The teachers genuinely care about the kids. The majority of the teachers spend time with the students in extra curricular activities above and beyond the regular classes. Between my three children, they have 13 educational teachers and three specials teachers. All of them have more than exceeded our expectations! The small class sizes are awesome and allow for personal attention when needed. The administrators are awesome and Ms. Nancy in the front office is a tremendous gift to the school! Imagine North Manatee is a winner!

Posted February 21, 2013

My granddaughter has been going to this school for 3 years. We put her here because we didn't like the public school that she would be going to in our town. It was the best decision we could have made. We like the teaching style and the community feeling the school gives. We would not hesitate to reccomend this school to anyone considering a change.

Posted February 21, 2013

Teachers are great and the principal is the best! All staff truly cares about the students. They will all go that extra mile to make sure your child's needs are met. On top of the academics they teach character building which is lacking in many other schools. Great school! Best in the county by far!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

76 students were tested at this school in 2014.

n/a

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

75 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

77 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

69 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

70 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

68 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

41 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "B".

Ethnicity This school

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 55%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

Clubs
  • Yearbook

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • Spanish

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • MS. JENNIFER LUCAS
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Fax number

• Soccer
Girls sports
  • Soccer

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook