521 students|Manatee

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

No organization or adequate communication. They have numerous fundraisers, but I have no idea where that money goes. The area where the car rider kids wait has no shade or overhang, so they wait in the direct sun and heat at the end of the day. The playground for the younger kids is practically all dirty sand. The DJ they recently hired for yet another fundraiser played really inappropriate music for a school event, with explicit lyrics containing swear words and sex. When asked for donations toward various school events, they want your receipts so they can use them for their own tax write offs otherwise they refuse the items being donated. Absolutely zero organization for everything. We're switching schools for next school year, but the teacher my son has really seems like she doesn't enjoy being a teacher. Very unmotivated and unenthusiastic. Whenever we go in the school for conferences the classrooms and doors are all very decorated and fun, but my son's classroom is not. I've seen the other teachers in my son's grade dance, sing, and encourage, while my son's teacher does not. We were just so horribly disappointed throughout this entire school year. Most of the schools in Manatee County are not very good at all, so please consider school choice or hardship if you're not zoned for the better schools. Don't make the mistake I did, thinking that this charter school would be a good choice!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

No organization or adequate communication at all.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Sometimes my son's teacher sends 3-4 pages of homework in one day, but he's only in Kindergarten. How quickly is she moving through this material?

My wife and I are proud parents of Imagine North Manatee. The teachers we met over the last couple of years and the principal really care about their role in the students lives. Even the bus drivers have played positive roles the students. This school has been wonderful for our son and am so glad he has the opportunity to go there as not everyone does. He hasn't always "loved" school before going there and though he still may not, but he obviously has come to enjoy it much more than he did before attending there. We definitely do not take this for granted and appreciate the staff there who look out for him and the other students there. Keep it up!

The management is poor but at least the staff is very friendly and willing to work with you if something goes wrong.

Great School and AWESOME staff!!!! The staff is so involved in there students lives. This School cares so much about there students and parents. We couldn't ask for a better school. ISNM has a small town feeling to it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Everyone is treated with respect, including the students. There is a constant reflection in upholding the 7 character traits that children win awards for throughout the school year. The staff meets to discuss and reflect how they are bringing those traits into useful, everyday life experiences.

I have 2 children at this "little school that could". We have been so grateful to have a place that uses a collaborative approach to education since moving from a top rated charter school in Los Angeles 2 years ago. The only reason I leave the final star off is that we have a new principal who's dedication never ceases to amaze me, and I know even better things are yet to come - a fantastic leader with the tools (communication, organization, and staff management) to take Imagine to the next level.

This place is extremely disorganized. I have to contact the school teachers at least once per week to find out what's going on. They're the only school that I know of that doesn't post assignments online to help the parents. When we first started, I missed several meetings and other important events--they told me that they posted them on Facebook. The Facebook posts, however, would be posted after the event and reference a past date as if it were upcoming. My child is very unhappy at this school. My understanding is that they change principals every year as well. I think it has potential but doesn't get its act together

I think this school is wonderful for both of my children. The VPK program is great and Mrs. Butzow is amazing! I have an older student there and she is adjusting well especially after coming from horrible Blackburn. I would recommend this school.

Last modified Imagine Charter School At North Manatee is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.