Breakfast Point Academy

Public | PK-6 | 1172 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 13, 2013

If your child is a typical child(preferably female), your child will most likely succeed at Breakfast Point. HOWEVER, if your child has ANY TYPE of disability or is different in any way from their perceived version of perfect, then your child will most certainly NOT benefit from this school. This is not merely my personal opinion, as a parent of a child who spent the worst 3 yrs. of his life at this school, but also as a professional who works with special needs children on a daily basis. We were cajoled, coerced, dissuaded, discouraged, and otherwise given a hard time at this school. My son, with Asperger's syndrome, joined the ranks of several students who were "politely" asked not to come back. It is, after all, an "A" rated school. But then, when you are only a few years old and have no frame of reference with which to measure your standards, I suppose any new school could be an "A" school. Bottom Line...worst school in Bay County..PERIOD!

Posted July 31, 2013

As a former BPA student. The school honestly needs much work. First off; Most of the kids in the school are put off the hook WAY too many times. I knew many disrespectful punks that always got in trouble, but, the trouble most of the time was just a small detention, or sitting out during a fun activity. Honestly, I was a snitch. Many children STILL got off the hook. Even for something that would be considered potentially Harmful/Deadly. I would prefer they get ISS, because OSS does not cut it. While the children don't get enough discipline; Staff are amazing, mostly teachers.

Posted July 1, 2013

I am a student at Bpa and its pretty good. I wouldn't recommend going to this school though. I can take the gross lunch food and the uniform rules but I cannot stand the people & the teachers. There are some teachers that are really sweet but there are some that leave you thinking how did they even get their degree? If you really want a good school with nice and understanding teachers &people I would say go to a different school like bay haven or surfside.

Posted June 13, 2013

I am a student at breakfast point academy and its great! But they SEROUISLY have to stop treating us like little kids. The middle school does not get the privilege of walking to lunch by themselves or even sit where they want at lunch. They treat us the same as the K-5 and I've had enough. We need better lunch choices (stuff like Pizza Hut or chick-fil-a or something) You can ask any middle schooler and they will say the same. Also more elective choices would be great. We are no longer little kids and there is no way we will be prepared for highschool with this kind of treatment.

Posted June 13, 2013

I am a student currently attending Breakfast Point Academy. (middle school) My experience at breakfast point has been better, compared to the other schools I have attended in the past, but I have had some terrible experiences as well. Not only am I a witness, but also a victim of bullying. Despite the number of times I have reported these incidents, the teachers and administration do not handle the situations correctly, IF they are handled at all. The school is terribly overcrowded. The principal likes to pick favorites and acts terribly fake. There are very few elective choices. BUT, the teachers are very devoted into teaching us and love their jobs and the school is well maintained and clean. Breakfast Point is an average school, with amazing qualities, but also a few problems as well.

Posted June 13, 2013

I'm an 8th grader and feel that we should have more privileges. Like to sit anywhere at lunch time and better lunch choices.

Posted June 9, 2013

I am a former student of BPA, and I went to the school for less than a month in December. This school was a very rude awakening to me. I went to a very small school before, living in a town with as many people as this school has. Unfortunately, this school did not even try to help me fit into the crowd. The classes were herded like sheep (I was in fifth grade) and you never got a chance to talk to other fifth graders, and moved from teacher to teacher with the same class. That was very stressful for me as I was constantly bullied by the kids in my class, and had no escape from them. I even reported it to the principle, me, an overweight fifth grader, and nothing was done about it. I also went in for other counts of bullying, like when a boy was stealing a girls food and making fun of her. I may sound like a "tattle tale", but that's not the case. The students were left to pick and prod at each other with no discipline. The school also did not have enough materials for me. I was forced to buy my own books and use an old Language Arts work booklet. It's been four years, and I am a now an honors student freshmen back at my old school. No uniforms at my old school too! Hallelujah!

Posted May 16, 2013

Great school! Gave my son 100% support for gifted testing and right away provided accommodations for his educational needs. Very good teachers committed to helping their students thrive and succeed!

Posted April 14, 2013

BPA has a very positive environment. Teachers and staff are always willing to do anything they can to accommodate individual students. They genuinely care about their students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 3, 2012

terrible this school is terrible my teachers are terrible the technology class is terrible the concealers and principles the p.e. coaches are the worst they tell the students to lower there sports expectations terrible there is a terrible cafe for lunch and the schools students are THE WORST EVER I WAS punched in the arm by a bully for standing up to him so do not send child to school

Posted March 10, 2012

This school is great if your child fits the cookie cutter mold of normal..I have a 3rd grader there and she does great. Wonderful teacher. If you have a special needs child such as Special Ed. Not very helpful or supported.

Posted August 29, 2011

My daughter has been attending since they opened the doors and we have loved it. We actually followed the principle and staff from her previous school to to BPA. They are now beginning to roll the children up into the middle school as well.

Posted April 17, 2011

My children attended this school in its opening year. I sincerely hope it has improved since then. As for the parents who left 1 star reviews, I have to agree. I experienced the same problems with lack of communication from the principal and vice principal. My son's Kindergarten teacher was WONDERFUL! I could not be more pleased with the teacher's dedication and competence. My older son's teacher however, was not a credit to the school. I had numerous issues with the way the multi-grade classroom was run but all of my concerns were ignored and my son was blamed for the teacher's lack of ability. It was not a good year for my child. Since leaving that school, he has excelled. As for other reviews from parents that left less than stellar reviews: I can relate. For those that had better experiences, I'm very glad that some children did but I can assure you that parents who left honest reviews about real issues/problems are not to blame here or immature. Set blame where blame is due, not on honest and concerned parents with justifiable complaints about a far less than perfect institution. My children attended two other elementary schools in Bay Co. that, in my opinion, were superior.

Posted October 6, 2010

We recently moved to Panama City Beach. I have 2 boys in kindergarten, one of whom has some learning delays. The staff at BPA is wonderful and has offered so much support. Both boys are thriving in their classrooms. I would recommend it for everyone. I now work for a different school in the area and opted to keep my boys at BPA .

Posted April 2, 2010

We have two children who have attended Breakfast Point since the school opened. We could not be more pleased with this school. The administration and staff are accessible, dedicated professionals. There have been multiple instances when we have seen the staff and principals go above and beyond to serve the students and parents at this school. When our neighborhood was rezoned to another school last year we did everything posssible to ensure that our children remained at this exceptional school. When faced with a decision regarding relocation at the end of this year, we chose to remain in the area and this school was one of the deciding factors in our decision. We believe that our children are receiving an outstanding education at BPA and plan to keep our children in this school as long as possible.

Posted April 2, 2010

Breakfast Point is more than just a shiny new building. The caring and dedicated staff work have managed to create a warm, nurturing environment in just two years. I have met with the principal on several occasions and have found her to be genuine, intelligent, and approachable. I truly believe that great things are happening at Breakfast Point and the best is yet to come!

Posted March 30, 2010

My daughter has attended Breakfast Point since it has opened. Any time there has been a concern the administration has handled the problem quickly and effectively. The principal and assistant prinicipal have always maintained an open door policy which has been greatly appreciated. My daughter also attended another school under the same administration and we could not have been more pleased. Breakfast Point is an A school the second year out and this not an easy task to accomplish nor is it done with teachers that just do 'enough' to get by. It seems to me that there are parents out there that expect the world handed to them and their children while they lack an obvious maturity themselves.

Posted March 30, 2010

I have three grandchildren attending BPA. We love this amazing school! The teachers go above and beyond to make sure my grandchildren are successful. The principal always has a smile on her face. My grandchildren love the teachers and especially the principal.

Posted March 30, 2010

I am shocked at some of the reviews given to this school. My child has attended BPA for the past two years, and I could not ask for a more influential school setting. Not only has my child's teachers been professional but they have also provided different instruction to meet my child's need. Tutorial, technology, and reading incentives have been put in place to create an motivational peice for my child's learning. Teachers, support staff and administration are the BEST a parent can ask for. They are always willing to help and keep the parents informed. I would 100% reference this school as one of the best there is in Bay County!

Posted March 30, 2010

BPA is a hands-on nurturing school which provides in depth support for student learning and growth! The faculty and staff have a friendly, OPEN DOOR Policy and I have always felt that my child is earning an excellent education.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

125 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

159 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

172 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a
Reading

The state average for Reading was 59% in 2013.

172 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

118 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Asian 3% 3%

Other degree 1%N/A2%

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 9%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

601 N Richard Jackson Blvd