690 students|Bay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Grades K-4 I would give all most 5 stars..... but 5th grade has not been a positive year. Teacher is totally TEST centered with little student empathy. , homework exceeds 1 1/2 hours nightly... Parent involvement, so welcome in K-4, in now viewed as a nuisance. "My way or the highway" attitude is apparent. I have 30 years of public education experience Sadly, and with huge disappointment, I understand what so many parents warned us about for 5th grade. I only hope that having this type of experience will only make my child stronger and better equipped to deal with difficult people in the future.

Amount of homework: Disagree

5th grade over an hour and a half per night average.... K-4... about right..... THey indicate they're getting them ready for middle school, more like getting them tired of school

North Bay Haven Charter Academy is a well-rounded, futuristic preparatory campus that is preparing my student for a medical career while allowing other areas of interest to be fostered. And the new campus is coming along well. Kudos!

This school has been the best experience ever. My children are encouraged to do their best all the time. They are surrounded by other children with good manners and a good attitude to learn. The school is clean and up to date. I can't say anything negative about this school. I love it and my children love it.

My grandson started kindergarten this year. He loves this school and his teacher. He is learning so much in so little time. His favorite subject is art. I also love this school because the whole staff works together as a team to make sure the children get the education and support, they need. My grandson is learning social skills, which will take him far in life. This school not only has a great cheerful staff , but the parents are supportive of all the children not just their own. United we stand divided we fall should be one of the motto's for this school. .

Bay Haven is an outstanding school. The teachers and adminstrators are excellent and geninuely care about their students and their success. They encourage the students to do their very best and the students strive to be successful. High expectation, high achievement! This is evident from the success of the students as well as the school. However, parental involvement is also a key contributor of the students success. It definitely is a partnership and should be! One could not ask for a better education for their children. Top notch curriculum for the students. I have a 4th grader there and have had other children attend Bay Haven as well. Parent/teacher communication is paramount and does exist. Teachers utilize various tools of communication to ensure parents are aware of their child's progress. First Class Education! Thanks Dr. Kitts for the vision and implementing it!

I have two sons currently in 2nd and 3rd grade at Bay Haven. Having grown up in a foreign country and gone to an excellent private Catholic school all through high school, I am happy to see my children in a similar educational environment where they are constantly challenged and pushed. The teachers we've had so far have been terrific. They preach a balance of strict compliance and positive encouragement. Bay Haven is run more like a private school but with greater diversity. My only worry is that school expansion could signal compromising the high academic and learning standards. Bay Haven is a big reason we have chosen to live in Panama City.

Bay Haven Charter Academy is an OVERRATED school. My child is currently in the 1st grade and does well academically, however, everything she learns is in preparation for the FCAT. I am already looking into homeschooling my child for next year. If you are a parent looking for an education that extends beyond the FCAT and want to see your child become their own individual then please do not buy into their hype.

Better than Holy Nativity without the exorbitant private tuition fee! Excellent teachers (they know their content, are respectful of students and parents, respond quickly to communication, control their classrooms, and hold their students to high standards), Good school leadership (they hire excellent staff and try to create an environment where staff have a vested interest in staying) and a challenging academic curriculum. My children have attending school at a local private school and at schools in several other states and the parents are more involved at this school than any other. This is exactly what public schools should be like. The only reason that I did not give it a 5 is because I think the communication between teachers & administration and parents/students is lacking. Otherwise, exceptional.

Great school, very strong academically, and with caring teachers!

Last modified Bay Haven Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.