Posted May 13, 2014
North Bay Haven Charter Academy is a well-rounded, futuristic preparatory campus that is preparing my student for a medical career while allowing other areas of interest to be fostered. And the new campus is coming along well. Kudos!

Posted May 12, 2014
This school has been the best experience ever. My children are encouraged to do their best all the time. They are surrounded by other children with good manners and a good attitude to learn. The school is clean and up to date. I can't say anything negative about this school. I love it and my children love it.

Posted August 29, 2013
Bay Haven is an outstanding school. The teachers and adminstrators are excellent and geninuely care about their students and their success. They encourage the students to do their very best and the students strive to be successful. High expectation, high achievement! This is evident from the success of the students as well as the school. However, parental involvement is also a key contributor of the students success. It definitely is a partnership and should be! One could not ask for a better education for their children. Top notch curriculum for the students. I have a 4th grader there and have had other children attend Bay Haven as well. Parent/teacher communication is paramount and does exist. Teachers utilize various tools of communication to ensure parents are aware of their child's progress. First Class Education! Thanks Dr. Kitts for the vision and implementing it!

Posted August 28, 2013
I have two sons currently in 2nd and 3rd grade at Bay Haven. Having grown up in a foreign country and gone to an excellent private Catholic school all through high school, I am happy to see my children in a similar educational environment where they are constantly challenged and pushed. The teachers we've had so far have been terrific. They preach a balance of strict compliance and positive encouragement. Bay Haven is run more like a private school but with greater diversity. My only worry is that school expansion could signal compromising the high academic and learning standards. Bay Haven is a big reason we have chosen to live in Panama City.

Bay Haven Charter Academy 1

Posted April 02, 2011
Bay Haven Charter Academy is an OVERRATED school. My child is currently in the 1st grade and does well academically, however, everything she learns is in preparation for the FCAT. I am already looking into homeschooling my child for next year. If you are a parent looking for an education that extends beyond the FCAT and want to see your child become their own individual then please do not buy into their hype.

Bay Haven Charter Academy 4

Posted February 08, 2011
Better than Holy Nativity without the exorbitant private tuition fee! Excellent teachers (they know their content, are respectful of students and parents, respond quickly to communication, control their classrooms, and hold their students to high standards), Good school leadership (they hire excellent staff and try to create an environment where staff have a vested interest in staying) and a challenging academic curriculum. My children have attending school at a local private school and at schools in several other states and the parents are more involved at this school than any other. This is exactly what public schools should be like. The only reason that I did not give it a 5 is because I think the communication between teachers & administration and parents/students is lacking. Otherwise, exceptional.

Bay Haven Charter Academy 0

Posted October 12, 2010
Great school, very strong academically, and with caring teachers!

Posted May 25, 2010
Overall excellence in academia and encouragement.. Our child flourishes in this environment educationally, emotionally and athletically. I love that they teach the entire spectrum of subject matter and not just 'teaching to the FCAT' as so many public schools do. The stricter dress code policy is admirable and teaches structure and equality. The personal learning plans for each individual student ensures maximum growth potential. Successfully completing this methodically prolific system almost certainly guarantees entry into the college preparatory high school path. It is surely raising the bar for the entire education system in Bay County.

Bay Haven Charter Academy 0

Posted February 24, 2010
I have two children who attend Bay Haven- I have found they offer no room for individuality and my children are being indoctrinated into FCAT mode as early as 1st grade. While it's a better choice than public, I am not pleased with this FCAT factory.

Bay Haven Charter Academy 1

Posted February 01, 2010

Bay Haven Charter Academy
2501 Hawks Landing Boulevard, Panama City, FL  32405
Last modified Bay Haven Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bay Haven Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top