516 students|Bay

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My family is VERY happy at this school! My oldest is going into 8th grade and I have another entering 6th grade both in Pre-SAIL. Our teachers are outstanding! The administrators and teachers have high expectations and can be tough, but they care about the kids and try to teach responsibility. There is also an expectation for behavior. I have no doubt my kids we be prepared for high school. If your kid is willing to work hard and you want to be involved (volunteer hours required) then this is a good will be a good fit for your family.

My kids currently attend Pre-K at Bay Haven and I couldn't be happier. They are going to be more than ready for kindergarten next year. They learn a ton, but not in a high pressure way. The teachers are super engaged with the parents and welcome parent involvment.

I have gone to Bay Haven since 3rd grade. At first, I thought that I would get the help that I needed with math. But, over the years I am now in 7th grade and school has gotten even more stressful. I feel that the teachers do not take me seriously, and that I am a puppet. I feel that the strict uniform policy is a bit over the top. If I were to be myself teachers and other students would make fun of me.. (i would know because i don't fit in.) BHCA is just not my school. Classwork is stressful. Homework is stressful.

This school is far too stressful. After years of attending the school, my kid (and I) had had enough. Far too much homework and they are extremely inflexible. They give zeros if the work is late, even if they just left it at home and the parent brings the work to school. Another student's grandmother told me that her granddaughter is in counseling because of the stress. Yet, the child's parents are so pleased they got her in at this school. My kid has gone from struggling at this school to straight A's at another highly ranked public school. We don't regret leaving and we don't miss the elitist attitude of many staff and parents. Be careful what you wish for.

They claim to have a Zero Tolerance Policy on Bullying but during the Summer they only have a bunch of High School kids running the show (and not enough) there is a lot of bullying especially older kids on younger kids since they don t bother to separate them!

This is a great school! Whenever my grades were slipping the teachers and faculty informd my parents and helped me raise them. I will always remember the friendly staff and great memories there. If you want your child to excel send them here.

This school is unbeliveable. My daughter has attened this school in the 6th grade. she was a straight a student...until the 2nd semester when her teachers sent home a report card saying that she is failing her classess...but out og those 9 weeks not once did i get a call from the teachers that said my daughters grades were sliping from a's to f's. not once. she never had any test those nine weeks it was based on there class participitation. she participated but she's very shy. She clamied to even told the teacher that. This school is horrible all those other reviews are talking about its a great school because its a charter school but that has nothing to do with anything. do not send your child her, its a bad influnence.

I attended Bay Haven all throughout midle school and I feel they accurately prepared me for high school. Sure, at first I was uneasy about the whole uniform concept, but it really doesn't hinder socialization. The staff is friendly and absolutely wonderful. I could continue to rave about them for years. I highly recommend this school.

Great school. The teachers really care about the students and the parents are really involved. I recommend it.

Last modified Bay Haven Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.