922 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

I love this school! Great activities! Teachers work hard and are dedicated! My child has made so much progress this year it's unbelievable!

Academically, this school is very good compared to other schools in Broward County. The problem with this school is communication between parents, teachers and administration since they take a long time to respond to your calls, voice messages, or emails. If you have a good teacher your kid will have a great year, but if not your concerns will be put on a long waiting list.

I'm very happy for all the great reviews this school has received. Just I wish I feel the same. There are good and bad experiences in life. The principal is a very nice guy. He is a problem solver. However, we haven't found a solution to the problem with our child and it's difficult to get in touch with the Principal. The main problem we have with the school is the communication. They don't respond to your emails or phone calls. It is very difficult to talk to the Principal. My kid was bullied and the teacher didn't seem to understand and handle the situation. We wanted to work with her, but she doesn't seem to care. I know this might sound a contradiction, but the school is good. We happened to have a teacher who mistreats our kid and that feels horrible. I want to believe that she means good or she doesn't really know the damaged she has caused to our child. We really want to think better about this school. We are usually pretty involved on our children education. This year we have felt shut down. We are just taking this experience as a learning process. If it happened to our child it could happen to anybody's kid. It won't be the first or the last time. Instead of playing victim we have chosen to be survivors. Reviews help to choose a school, but experiences dictate the reality. Each experience is unique. Please don't feel discouraged by this review cause your experience might be different than mine.

Amazing school, great staff & teachers Beautiful school We moved from Weston, FL where the schools are also great because of the great schools and activities in this city

Some people are rating this school poorly because of a district boundary issue. The boundary is set by the district and has nothing to do with the school or the school staff. Heron Heights is a wonderful school!

I have nothing but love for Heron Heights. The parents are extremely involved and the teachers. My daughter's 4th grade teacher recorded lessons for her to watch later on. Who does that?

Develops character: Neutral

I think the foundation of this values begins at home with the Parent -Child relation and family connection. The school can reinforce that by teaching them what are the smart decisions to make in different situation that they found day by day.

My kids attend this school and We all are happy with the experience. The teachers, administrative personnel , cafeteria and volunteers make the difference. If you have the opportunity get involved ! :) It's an excellent opportunity.

The attention of the front desk staff is excellent, always very friendly. Participated as a volunteer in many school activities and had an opportunity to interact with many friendly, cooperative and caring teachers. Teachers Take care of the car line and children pickup carefully and with enthusiasm. Very happy with the environment and academic performance of our daughter.

Great school, a lot of parent involvement. Wonderful staff and Teachers. School is neat and clean, super safe for kids. Parents and kids are a great group, lovely neighborhood.

Last modified Heron Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.