Parkland, FL
Students enrolled: 1,019
Before care: Yes

Posted December 17, 2014
This school is closed out, it is no longer open to students. We moved to Parkland within district in December and we are not allowed to send our child to the school. We spent a fortune to live in Parkland just for the schools. Now we have to send our child to a neighboring B rated school. The rapid population growth of Parkland is putting amazing stress on it's schools. The test scores for Heron Heights has been in rapid decline since it opened. Great Schools shows the class size as nice and small but it's actually 22-24 students per class.

Posted September 23, 2014
I love this school. The parent involvement is amazing. The teachers go above and beyond the call of duty. They work hard to make sure everyone achieves.

Posted September 11, 2014
I am VERY disappointed with this school! People think that just because you are in Parkland the schools are so much better , this school is no different than the rest of this community it has a flashy exterior with no real substance. Honestly, the curriculum is the same all over the county. I have not been happy with the teachers and the treatment I have received thus far from them and the staff. I have had real concerns about my child and the last thing I want in return is avoidance or defensiveness. I couldn't agree more with some of the other not so nice comments on this site. The Principle is untouchable; serious concerns brought up to higher level staff regarding teachers etc, is treated again with defensiveness and excuses. In Broward we pay a lot for taxes and our dollars are really put to poor use. Our kids deserve better!!

Posted August 22, 2014
I would give this school zero stars if that were an option. We bought a house in Parkland with the understanding that the area has excellent schools. However, they fail to inform you that the school is only excellent for those "gifted" children. If your child has any type of disability or learning difference for example, learning disabilities, ADHD, mild autism spectrum, CP, speech-language etc the school does not have the ability to teach children with learning differences nor do they want to. I provided them ample time to educate my child and he has regressed educationally under their care. I would advise strongly not to buy a home in this area. If you are going to spend 800K plus on a home, go to Boca and send your child to private school.

Posted August 21, 2014
My daughter just joined the multiage program and I couldn't be happier! I am completely amazed by her teachers dedication to the class. My daughter is learning more than book stuff. She is learning responsibility, leadership and team work!

Posted June 22, 2014
Parkland is known for it's schools. I have been highly disappointed in the quality of the education at this school. My child can barely read and the school did not provide any interventions to remedy this. Would not recommend moving to Parkland for this school. I would save up for private as it's the only place your child will get a real education that is comparable to anything up north.

Posted May 30, 2014
If your house is the correct size? Are you are a member of the correct synagogue? Do you have your child enrolled in the correct sports at the correct facility? Then your family will do splendidly here. If not, you should probably look elsewhere. My kid was bullied and was subsequently diagnosed with depression at age six. The way it was handled was wildly inappropriate. The way "room moms" are allowed to speak to children as if they are trained staff is outrageous. I feel incredibly guilty for leaving him there for as long as I did, but I believed in them. How could this big, beautiful, fancy school not do the right thing? Because it's all smoke and mirrors. The principal seems like a decent guy that cares...but good luck getting access to him. You have to get through the real strong arms there first. The parents are possibly the worst part of the entire place. I'm not sure what's worse: the way they allow their children to be pushy, entitled brats or the way they walk around like they own the place. How about you go out and get real jobs/hobbies instead of helicoptoring around your kids' school all day, every day?

Posted October 08, 2013
I believe Heron Heights Elementary is one of the best school in Broward County. The principle is an amazing person. His cooperation with parents is outstanding. He is a problem solver. School is very nice and clean. Teachers and office administrates are very helpful. I love this school.

Posted October 03, 2013
It is my daughter 2nd year she started in Kindergarten and she loves the school and her teachers are very good

Posted September 17, 2013
Our son attended Heron Heights since its opening. He just graduated 5th grade in May. It is a great school and he had great teachers. I cannot say enough nice things about Ms. Balbier, Ms. Brown, and Mr. Gibson. They are phenomenal and he learned so much despite his slight Asperger's. He is now breezing through middle school because he was taught such good study habits. The front desk staff is so sweet and always knew us even though we were not able to volunteer hardly at all. I am glad that he received such a good education, and I wish them continued success. We have now moved to Tampa, and are also having a great experience at the new school.

Heron Heights Elementary School
11010 Nob Hill Road, Parkland, FL  33076
Last modified Heron Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heron Heights Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top