649 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Both of my children attend/ed Riverglades Elementary and I am and have always been very involved. This school is amazing and warm. The teachers are remarkable and fun and the children learn so much even with the tremendous pressures that the teachers have these days. The programs in the classrooms and within the school are incredible. The principal and the assistant principal are extremely kind, helpful, approachable and accomodating. The front office staff are always helpful and pleasant even though I see parents be disrespectful and rude to them. I just witnessed this this morning and I was appalled at the way this woman was speaking to the girls at the front desk. That's my only complaint, some not nice parents but the majority are lovely.

I had my child there for kindergarten moved from Chicago - we were VERY happy with her teacher. There were lots of activities we enjoyed at the school. We were sad to leave.

Miserable office staff. They don't even know who the children are when you call in. Very few good teachers that seem happy to be there.

We move to parkland 2 years ago. Both my children enrolled at Riverglades. One K and one in 4th. With the exception of Bridgette the office staff is not friendly and always acts as if they are inconvenienced. One 4th grade teacher particularly is horrible. After 2 months begged to get my child out of her class. Speaks with a slang, is rude and does not deserve to be a teacher. Guidance.... Good luck getting time from her. Principal and assistant principal, new and last one. They are always in meetings or too busy. Lots of unhappy looking kids and teachers when you walk around. Not really sure how this school is a "9". Other florida schools must be terrible. Oh yes, and don't let me forget about Coach K. The school is trying to get rid of him for the way he treats the children. Ask around. In a nut shell my recommendation is private school for sure.

My oldest is in her 3rd year at Riverglades and the school is just amazing. From the principal to the teachers to the parent involvement, it's just wonderful. The only thing that could make this school better was if the class size was smaller. But I went to school/classes with almost 30 other kids and did just fine so I guess 20 is not too bad :) I highly recommend this school.

This is our second year at Riverglades. Our experience has been fantastic. Our girls have had great teachers both years that communicate constantly with the parents & they clearly love what they do.

It's my daughter's first year attending Riverglades, and were only 2 weeks into the school year, but so far, WOW! I am totally inlove with this school! Not to mention, my duaghter actually loves to go to school now. Her teacher actually takes the time to email the parents and communicate with them. And she leaves the line open to communicate with her as well. My daughter loves her teacher and just loves going to this school. I think already said that, but I this is such a big thing compared to how she felt last year about her old school. She would cry almost everyday and say she hates school and never wants to go back. Now, she freaks out if she doesn't get to school by 7:30am. We are both so happy. This school is sucha community involved school. I love it!

There are good teachers like Mrs Marks in this school. But there is super lousy teacher in grade 3 gifted class. She is unfair, ill-minded and race discrimination. She does not fit to be a teacher. She is really the worst teacher we ever met so far.

This school has the best teachers that are there for their students and a great office staff. My son has been there from Kindergarten and now in 5th Grade and my daughter started Kindergarten this year and they both have teachers that truly love being teachers and have the gift of making a difference.

I am going on my 6 year at RE, and have 8 more to go! By far this is a community school, you feel part of it all! The communication is great! The PTA is a good organization and allows for parents to be involved.

Last modified Riverglades Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.