1,188 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Park Trails Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2016
Lots of parent involvement at this school. Fun kids night activities during the year. Be involved if you want to be included. Great learning atmosphere if you can get past the horrible secretary at the front. She's there to make your life miserable. Ignore her as much as you can while you're there. Unfortunately, she's the gate keeper.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
Mr. Redshaw is very fair and makes parents feel extremely comfortable. Amazing open door policy which allows you to share in the experience of your child's elementary years, should you choose to.

Posted May 23, 2016
Park Trails Elementary, under the leadership of Mr. Redshaw, has been a fabulous experience for us. The admin and teachers are exceptionally caring. The coaches (Coach Costillo), science lab teacher (Mr. HONEYager ROCKS), music and art teachers all love their professions and it shows in their work and support for their students. We have been so happy with Mrs. Supovitz and Ms. Goldstein and will miss elementary so much as we move on to middle school. Great memories at Park Trails and we couldn't be happier! Mrs. Brickman and Mrs. Shurpin, thanks for the great memories!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Mrs. Supovitz is one the most professional and caring educators I have ever come across. She is the gifted 5th grade teacher at Park Trails Elementary and is 100% committed to making sure her students learn and experience the most they can within the short 9-month school year. I have never trusted a teacher, as much as I do her, to care for my child and have his best interest at ALL times! To have full trust in someone in this day and age is incredible - and incredible she is!! One of a kind!

Park Trails Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2014
Teachers we've had so far have not been involved with children. This year's still doesn't know our child's name on day 3. Last year was no better. Parents are mostly from Parkland, so are rude snobs. Some are friendly, but the vast majority are just mean and judgmental. No parking lot makes pick ups and drop offs painful and long. Administration is friendly and helpful.

Posted August 05, 2014
I have two children one of who went to Park Trails the year before last and then we had to move to the west coast due to my husbands job...we came back to Parkland - for this school! I will never send my children to any other public school other then Park Trails. The staff is amazing; the parents are incredible; the teachers are so kind hearted; educated and truly care. Im so happy to be back in Parkland...this is were my children will remain until middle school.

Posted June 16, 2014
Park Trails is an excellent school. My daughter went their last year for Pre-K and the teachers are excellent. They do a great job with the ESE program and have great therapist there. The school is well maintained and kept up. They do a great job with the field day and events to bring the parents in to show them what their kids are doing. The main challenge one may have to get their child into Park Trails is the overcrowding due to the growth of Parkland. If you can get your child into the school, I would recommend it.

Posted May 13, 2014
I have 3 kids at Park Trails. This is the 4th elementary school I have experienced and I have nothing but great things to say about our experience here. Every single one of the teachers my children have had have been amazing. They really go above and beyond to make learning fun, interesting, and challenging. My oldest is in the gifted program, and has really thrived. The gifted teachers are phenomenal. My two younger children are in the regular classes and have had incredible teachers as well- kind, caring, and willing to go above and beyond the curriculum to enrich the experience of their classes. When my middle child struggled in a subject, she received extra help. When she was ahead of the curve, she received enrichment work. The parents are very involved and the PTA does a lot of the school. There are a ton of great field trips and school activities. I think this is as good as is gets in Broward County.

Posted May 10, 2014
Awesome! I have had 4 children at Park Trails since its opening resulting in 18 years of experience. Two children have progressed through Park Trails, Westglades, and Douglas. Two are still in school and doing very well. I may not agree with Broward School board policies but I fully support the teachers at all of the local schools. The teachers at Park Trails go above and beyond to create an interesting environment to learn. This year my children have planted gardens, watched butterflies develop, and learned how to play chess. One child attended a national robotics competition, designed projects with a 3-D printer, and ran several lighting productions. All of these experiences taught them important lessons in lieu of traditional lectures. They have never complained about the environment of the school. In fact, they look forward to school everyday. We are very fortunate.

Posted May 08, 2014
This is a wonderful school. I have two children and two nieces that attended K-5 (24 years of education) and I have nothing negative to report. The teachers are up on the latest educational trends but keep their roots in the "tried and true" strategies at the same time. The special classes are great, as the teachers are very knowledgeable in their areas. Both of my children have gone on to middle school to be part of NJHS and recommended for the Duke TIP program and National Young Leaders Program. The foundation was set at Park Trails. Not only do these teachers educate, but they TRULY care about the children. One teacher invited the class to her home for a day of gardening! Other teachers attend students' recitals and sporting events outside of the school day. I also heard about a teacher going to a student's home to visit her new baby sister. While another teacher kept a student after to help a child with his homework because his parents did not speak English. At this school your child will receive a great education, develop a love for school, and feel a sense of belonging.

10700 Trails End, Parkland, FL  33076
Last modified Park Trails Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.