Sunlake High School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
Sunlake High School is absolutely wonderful. My child has performed exceptionally well and has the most amazing teachers who care about the students and want to see them succeed. We switched from a private school and came to Sunlake and I am so glad we did. GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Posted March 27, 2014
Don't even waste your time coming through the front door. Being enrolled in Sunlake has probably been the worst experience in my life. As a senior I feel that have yet to really teach me anything that I hadn't already learned in middle school. Not to metion ruining any kind of highschool expericence I could have had. Thank you Sunlake

Sunlake High School 2

Posted July 03, 2013
Sunlake has some of the best teachers in the district. Unfortunately, the admisistration has not been supportive of students, parents or staff. With changes in leadership made over the summer of 2013, it should improve the next school year. Focus needs to return to educating our children and not on if the principle is a "homaphob". It was sad to see these troubles detailed in the paper.

Posted April 29, 2013
A poor excuse of a school with staff that does not care about their students only their image. There is more drama between teachers then there is with the students. There is a zero tolerance policy however no one seems to follow it or take action.

Posted November 06, 2012
The administration at Sunlake is terrible. They do not support their teachers, and as a result, the teachers have little control in the classroom. (For those teachers wanting to teach the students) And zero tolerance for bullying does not appear to apply at this school. The administration does not follow through, and are non-responsive to reports. Also, they will not investigate a report if the reportee wishes to remain anonymous. Overall, I expected more from such a new school. But clearly, there is lack of leadership, which is being reflected in the actions of the administration, teachers and students.

Sunlake High School 5

Posted June 16, 2012
This is the second high school school my children have attended and it the first that we are absolutely thrilled with!!! Every teacher has been wonderful, the expectations are high, and the school is well managed by the principal and staff. Every single person I have encountered this school year has been kind and upbeat and my children couldn't wait to get there each day. They have both grown a great deal academically.

Posted September 16, 2011
The only students that excell are the excellent students - I had 3 children attend SLHS and basically that is all you can say for the school. Anything that was taught was before they got there. As a parent I had to keep on the staff to make sure my children were educated. One graduated SLHS/Marchman Tech the other 2 Graduated LOLHS. Two years was more than I could handle.

Sunlake High School 2

Posted July 14, 2011
We are a military family who moved here just 6 months ago. My daughter hates this school so bad. She is an honor student that wasn't challenged AT ALL and feels very much like the entire staff care mostly about protecting appearances. They are heavy hitters when it comes to dress code and pretend that is the most serious offense. Teachers have no control here. Students are very disrespectful making it a tough learning environment and the drug problem is very prominent. They try to sweep all the problems under the rug and upper level staff frown upon teachers who write referrals for serious infractions. They don't want them reported so NO ONE FINDS OUT ABOUT IT. They encourage the teachers to handle issues privately and in the class room, nice huh? We have requested to leave our lease early so that we can move and we are looking to buy a house in the Land O Lakes High School area only. If you can avoid this school, I suggest you do.

Posted June 30, 2011
OOne of the worst school.I'm a senior and the staff treats u like your 9 they can't handle things at all. Not a real high-school.half the staff got fired thank God.

Sunlake High School 0

Posted March 09, 2010
To many drugs . School does not handle problems well suspending students is only option.

Sunlake High School
3023 Sunlake Boulevard, Pasco County, FL  34638
Last modified Sunlake High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunlake High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top