Paxton School

Public | PK-12 | 669 students

Posted September 16, 2009

I went to school at PHS 7th and 8th grade. i loved it there.i am a mother of two kids that was enrolled at W.S.Harlen,they struggled until i moved them over to PHS. Now they are honor roll for the past 3 years, the best choice i ever made for my children.Thanks PHS!!!!!!!!

Posted May 28, 2009

I attended from 7th to 8th, i repeated the 8th grade because they didn't have summer school, academically they don't really have all the funds to do so because of the basketball team, when I went if you didn't play you didn't matter, when I turned 16 i went to Walton Vo-Tech now that school excels in teaching and preparing for higher learning . I am now a parent of a soon to be kindergartener and im sending her to W.S. Harlan. in Lockhart they rank at 9

Posted March 8, 2009

I think this is the best school in the panhandle area.,My youngest daughter attends paxton,i wished i had sent my oldest daughter to paxton,the teachers are wonderful and really care about our kids

Posted August 17, 2008

I Love this school. My son has struggled in math for the last 3 years and the teachers have gone above and beyond to help him and make sure that he knows and understands what he is doing. I have had one child graduate from Paxton and currently have 3 enrolled. I would never change my kids from here. I have been totally impressed with the teachers and other staff in Paxton school. Thanks to all the teachers and admin staff for all that you do!!! You are very appreciated!!!

Posted August 15, 2008

i love this school...the teachers and everything are just like family too me...please please keep up the goood work on giving the students there including me....a very good education....

Posted August 4, 2008

If you have a struggling child they do not notify you untill its too late and they do not offer summer school!

Posted April 30, 2008

I am a student of Paxton High School, soon to be graduate, and I couldn't imagine going to school anywhere else. Our school is so small and connected. Yes, our school has its bad days, but most days are easy laid back days. Our teachers and staff members are like our older brother & sisters when we need someone to truly talk to. When I leave here, I'll always know I have my Alumni behind me 100% of the way.

Posted February 29, 2008

this is a great school and i would recommend it to any caring parent that wants to send their child to great and supporting school.Fcat is an important part of the school and we have an A+ school for many years now.I am in the 7th grade and have been going here since kindergarten.i am 99.9% sure that your child would love going to a school like Paxton.There aren't many students but everone knows everyone there.

Posted January 30, 2008

As a parent of 2 boys, one middle school and one high school, I have been more than pleased with Paxton School overall. The teachers are helpful, the staff is helpful, and the environment is pleasant. The smaller school atmosphere has been a blessing for both of my sons.

Posted January 19, 2007

I have seven kids that all went to Paxton It is a great school for education, safety and athletics

Posted December 18, 2006

I am a former student of Paxton High School. The school prepares students for the next level of their education. The school takes pride in both its athletic programs and academic programs. I feel the quality of education there is far better than the alternative area schools.

Posted December 13, 2006

This my senior year at Paxton High School I love Paxton School to death even though it can have good days and bad days.

Posted February 28, 2006

The level of academmics is very high at Paxton. The students love it there and the teachers are very attentive to the students needs. For there being 4 students per teacher, the requirements are reached and skills are mastered by the students. I am very proud to be a parent of a student at Paxton High. All children are very respectful and are very well behaved, simply because of the great staff.

Posted November 17, 2005

I think the school does not academically prepare students. They do not have the basic fundamentals to teach the students to pass the fcat. The school has been rated as a 'c' school. As far as the Paxton High School faculty are concerned academics come second to athletics.

Posted September 29, 2005

It is a good school, the sports are awesome.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted April 11, 2004

I am a former student of PHS. While I was there I enjoyed it and thought I was learning a lot, until I went on to college. Paxton did not prepare me well, because they did not offer high math courses and programs like other larger schools can offer. The worst part about Paxton is that it seems they let students fall between the cracks. If you aren't a student who really pushes yourself they wont help you do it. I am very successful in my career today, but I don't give this school the credit for it. I had to work hard to get it in college.

Posted December 24, 2003

I really enjoy going to school at Paxton. I had been homeschooled for 5 years before I attended Paxton. I didn't know anyone when I enrolled there. With in a few hours I knew everyone in my 10th grade class. (there are only 35) And now I have a best friend, and a whole basketball team of friends. This school is just a little country school where everybody just wants to be your friend.

Posted September 26, 2003

i am a former student at paxton high school they have wonderful class there but most of all the Ag program is the best. If it wasn't for Odon Russell there wouldn't be an Ag program. There are a bunch of students that like helping him drive the tractor and taking care of the hogs. they will learn from this experience.

Posted August 5, 2003

I'm not a parent, but a former student. I attended from first til graduation. I believe this school is exceptional in many ways. Many programs were great while I was going to school there. Home economics, Agriculture, Vo-Tech, and clubs as such as Youth for Christ all extroadanary programs and teachers that taught them.My issue was some teachers payed special attention only to those students that were active in sports and had parent involvement in there education making these children the so called preps. Now there was other teachers that showed interest in the less fortunate of children like my brothers and I. I do realize that this takes place in schools all over the country. For me this has had an impact on me. I beleive I could of accomplished more in my life if only I would have been pushed harder by my parents and teachers. I took for granted the time I had in school and wish only I could go back and payed more attention. In my graduating class out of some popular girls there were two with child at graduation and one pregnant with child at graduation. This girl was our Valivictorian.

Posted May 25, 2003

This school is a wonderful school fro schools. It is a country school. It has a beautiful front yard and it has all students K-12 together. I have a 14 year old daughter that goes to this school and she loves it there!

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

58 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

58 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2014.

55 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2014.

55 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

63 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

63 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 47% in 2014.

28 students were tested at this school in 2014.

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

47 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 49% in 2014.

46 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2014.

46 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 53% in 2014.

56 students were tested at this school in 2014.

n/a

Reading

The state average for Reading was 55% in 2014.

44 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 64% in 2014.

44 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

45 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 78% in 2012.

53 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 84% in 2012.

51 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 64% in 2013.

43 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 67% in 2013.

51 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 64% in 2013.

34 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 4%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

21893 US Highway 331 N